Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2054&start_row=1

Judge

1 - 1011 - 20
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/8/2007 8:03:41 AM

"Dont Judge me"

The most covenient defense against Truth

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/8/2007 10:24:24 AM

is judging the same as comparing?

Messenger: Ten Sent: 8/8/2007 11:10:10 AM

no because comparing is looking at the qualities two things and saying which is better or worse. whereas judging is viewing one thing as wrong or right and sometimes that carries a moral sentencing with it.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/8/2007 12:21:56 PM

missing the point again

Messenger: prophecy Sent: 8/8/2007 12:37:46 PM

I n I need to come out of the wrong and live in the R ight. In order to do that I n I must be purged of our own ways of thinking or living. For example, if I n I following laws and not trodding accordingly, and another calls u on it, then one will think that is judging. So, they will use the "defense" to avoid the truth.
But, some go overboard and lose humility.

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/8/2007 2:26:59 PM

but if we add to the statement

"don't judge me -- until you have walked in my shoes" it is not a convenient defense of the truth but a truth in itself that needs to examined.

so many times i hear people make some judgement statement about a situation that they have seen and i know in many cases i or they are not educated to all of the experiences that have led up to the situation that was witnessed.

i know it in my own life if someone was to take a small clip of some event that may have happened it could be taken one way -- but if more peices of the puzzle were revealed to them -- the story would have a different feel.

we have all got to the point we are at today by taking vastly different roads and it is not my place to cast a judgement on some person. our lives and our roads bring us to us.

the beter we are able to place ourselves in the shoes of those we wish to judge the less quick we will be to judge.

respect

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/8/2007 2:38:10 PM

ten-

but before i judge i must make or know the comparison. and knowing that reminds me that most of life is one big judgement/comparison.

playing games with your friends they make a judgement on who to pick
job interview -- judgement
trying to get a date --- judgement
win a political office ----judgement
trying to change a law ----judgement
whose post we like the most----judgement

and all of these judgements are based on our own individual ideas of right/wrong, good/bad, better/worst and each of us have come to these conclusions dependent on our circumstances/experiences in life.

someone mentioned that rasta and non-rasta have different values --- not necessarily ---- they may differ on religious/spiritual issues but they could be exactly alike as far as values go. i think that assumption is what leads to many problems in the world. we place titles on people and then we think that one with a different title is nothing like us. i do not need to look past my own house to see the truth in that. my wife and i do not have skin color,culture, or religion in common yet we are a perfect match when it comes to values. and as i have traveled and met people from all over the world that truth constantly gets revealed to me.

respect

Messenger: prophecy Sent: 8/8/2007 3:37:23 PM

still looking, I said that about values, but I meant different ways of life, not values. I tried to edit it but it was to late. Yes we can have same values but our way of life is different.

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/8/2007 3:45:58 PM

who is missing the point?

because in reality of those that read,study, and believe in the bible i thought the point was and is:

"leave all judgement unto Him"

and unless you are Him why are you concerned with how one would respond to the "don't judge me" statement as i am sure you would not judge someone, unless of course it was a girl wearing jeans or a guy shaving his face or maybe a rasta who chooses not to grow locks. then maybe you may feel qualified to take the place of Him and cast judgement.

Messenger: Ten Sent: 8/8/2007 3:48:33 PM

Still Looking true, life is about constantly jusdging and coparing weighing out which is better than the other. Even the way we picks friends as you point out, we've pre-conceived notions of what suits us best and our own constructed values and jusdgements and if one fits into that schema its all good, but if they don't woe betide tehm. Same thing with religious systems and Rasta is very much about judgement. The principle is to burn a righteous fire of judgement to weed out wickedness and exemplify His Majesty's principles, but sometimes the practices of Rasta are judgemental in a negative way and instead of burning fire for purification, judgement becomes a self-righteous act and without even realising it, it becomes an egotistical/vain thing - I speak of uncomfortable things but I speak from my own experiences and observations.

1 - 1011 - 20

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I