Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2019&start_row=1

Man of God?

1 - 3
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ten Sent: 7/16/2007 10:54:40 AM

Ises
I went to a Pentecostal Christian Church and although I knew what to expect - things never cease to amaze me. First the preacher was talking about sacrifice and I was with him up until he startted burning fire on the traditional practices of Africans in offerings and he hailed the missionaries for 'bringing God to Africa'. I was stunned, he went on and on about the pagan practices and our ignorance of a God before the 'benevolent European' came. I was livid and wanted to walk out at that point, but that would be disrespectful as I was a guest of someone.

The pastor was a Black African and the Head of the Church, a white American for I interpretation of the scene, race and nationality have alot to do with it cos its a missionary mission of imperlialism all over again except this is mental and material rather than a conquest of land, tongue and culture.

And then came the offerings and the pastor gave his testimony of how he'd given 80% of his salary to the Church because its to show how valuable the Church is to him and the Head of the ministry is a man of God so there should be a second offering for him as well. As a man of God he ought to be honored and in the past this pastor had given the Head of the Ministry an SUV/4WD Car! At this point laughter was the only response I could give while the congregation were on their feet cheering and dancing. I couldn't believe the Church would actually preach and encourage such things! The pastor claimed the Head was a man of God and he had to find a gift matching the importance of this man so a luxury car was the best he could give to this man of God! And the worst thing is that people believe it must be so and they give their money, even if they've very little they'll give all to the church in the belief they give to God. Has no one ever told them God is not a material god, He has no use of earthly riches? These are the things of man. There's so much confusion and deception in these churches and its sad to see masses hoodwinked by the fallacies of religion. But I shall not be one of those, praises that my eyes have been opened and my God and King does not demand material riches, but He blesses I spiritual wealth itinually. One Love

Messenger: Selahssie i son Sent: 7/18/2007 4:04:52 PM

Well I and I born of God.One love me Kindread!

Messenger: Selahssie i son Sent: 7/18/2007 10:02:57 PM

Yes I!It is said that churches was built up to gain money,and they save people for money.A raspect de i went and see for yourself because some still dont know about most churches.U went to search and u find the message.But most pastors deny most parts of the scriptures.The people is the church,a church built with out hands.Woe be unto the pastors who mislead their sheeps.

1 - 3

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I