Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2005&start_row=1

Rastafari Is Simple

1 - 4
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: JAH Coyote Sent: 7/9/2007 3:58:59 AM

I have heard too many reasonings battling semantics under the name of Ras Tafari...

Do we not know that the King HIMself say not to focus upon semantics?

Ras Tafari is simple.. I and I must be real, must be pure... Like Sizzla say, 'Real people do real things.' So why must we argue about nonsense?

Selassie I say Until the colour of a man's skin is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes...

Do we know what this means? Some of us do...

Jesus say blessed are the meek.

So let the meek be blessed. One love.

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 7/9/2007 10:28:11 AM

Ises

I do not quite overstand what the I is saying. I did look up the word semantics, but I don't really get what the dictionary's explanation got to do with the topic.

What has semantics got to do with a man's colour?

(I am not a native speaker.)
Selah

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 7/11/2007 11:24:25 AM

The quote was an example of simplicity, not semantics.

The idea of semantics is the energy put forth on irrelevant points and not on principles, such as (is it half full or half empty) just focus on where to pour it

seen?

Messenger: Ten Sent: 7/11/2007 2:14:35 PM

Praises I n I
I think this is the speech the I was referring to, its taken from African Leaders:

"But though all that has been said and written and done in these years, there runs a common theme. Unity is the accepted goal. We argue about means; we discuss alternative paths to the same objective; we engage in debates about techniques and tactics.

But when semantics are stripped away, there is little argument among us. We are determined to create a union of Africans. In a very real sense, our continent is unmade; it still awaits creation and its creators. It is our duty and privilege to rouse the slumbering giant of Africa, not to the nationalism of Europe of the Nineteenth Century, not to regional consciousness, but to the vision of a single African brotherhood bending its united efforts toward the achievement of a greater and nobler goal."

Perhaps the I meant we all have varying perspectives but similar intention and meaning in the Rastafari movement which is to do JAH work. But then I get lost when Aya goes on about 'arguing abt nonsense', I hardly think the Ites that reason here discuss nonsense - hence the word reason and the desire to overstand.
Blessed Love, may there be more reasonings to deepen our knowledge.

1 - 4

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I