Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2001&start_row=1

How is Melchezidek also messiah?

1 - 1011
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: ONE Sent: 7/6/2007 11:07:14 PM

InI would be very happy if someone would explain this reasoning to I

jah bless

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 7/7/2007 8:37:00 AM

Ises My Lord

Not "also", it is always the One, One Flesh One Spirit One JAH.
You read in Genesis and Hebrew letter that Melchezidek was a Christlike example shown to Abraham. This Overstanding you find in the Kebra Nagast even more clearly.
We say we know JAH is omnipresent, still we see certain manifestations in flesh as man. And we know Melchezidek was the first ever known High Priest AND King of the Lord. He is the same Christ and the same King Haile I Selassie I.

Melchezidek was shown to Abraham as an example of Christ, now we would call it a forshadowing. Now we know that Melchezidek was a Priestking. Christ Yeshuah we know was a priestlike figure, he called himself a prophet. He always pointed out that he was no King in a worldly sense, no king like Melchezidek was.
That is why we know the Melchezidek Example shown to Abraham was not yet fully fulfilled through Yeshuah the Christ.
That is why we know King Selassie I is the same Christ not only in character and personality but also in flesh. Christ did disappear at the age of 38, HIM was crowned at 38. It is a twelve tribes bizness to say things like, same person but different flesh.
We know it must be THE ONE AND SAME Christ to fulfill the FULL example of Melchezidek, first as a priestlike figure, and now 2000 years later as a worldly king, and still one and the same.
This is why His Majesty always told us to look to Jesus Christ and never to look to himself. Because Jesus Christ is he himself, only that we call his first life period Jesus Christ, and his second one Haile Selassie. Because when Jesus comes again he shall come in a new name. It says when Jesus comes again, or returns, not that a new Jesus would come or something like that.

Selah

Messenger: ONE Sent: 7/7/2007 11:02:43 PM

InI apreciate The I's explination

jah rastafari
blessings

Messenger: Ten Sent: 7/8/2007 6:48:05 PM

Greetings to all in HIS name, 'tis a blessed to have this forum functioning again. I have copy n pasted a previous comment I wrote on Melchezidek. Although not much is known about him, I hope this helps the I:
Melchezidek - the Most High Priest who is said to have the closest status to God as Jesus although not enough is said of him in the Bible. Melchezidek blessed Abraham in the name of El Elyon, the Hebrew term for God Most High after his victory over the four kings. However I’ve read that God intended to have the priestly order through Melchezidek but because he blessed Abraham before blessing God (Gen 14: 19-20), God they say the priestly order is through Abraham and his descendents. And that’s priests are of the Levite order as the book of Leviticus says. So if the Levitical priestly order is what is followed in Nyahbinghi, what role does Jesus play if he was considered High Priest forever in the order of Melchezidek (Ps 110 v 4), but not a Levite? And Melchezidek himself he was not a Levite, but considered High Priest of Heaven? Priests are not only through tribe and lineage, but also by God’s appointment. Give thanks.

Messenger: Gizzmo Sent: 3/28/2008 4:25:16 PM

Could you please explaine what you meant by saying Jesus the Christ disappered at 38,I always thought he rose to heaven at 33.
Thank you

Messenger: Diego B. Sent: 3/29/2008 8:12:18 AM

Infact, Iyesus died and rose at 33, not 38.

The meditation our Brethren made is good but not so muc pertinent to the real facts. Maybe the reasoning would have bore more fruit if it was said that as Iyesus Krstos started His Ministry at 30, after the Baptism and the Annointment, so also Haile Selassie I did in 1930, being crowned and annointed. Considering Joseph as image and prefiguration of the Son of Man, of Christ, it is possible to find the similarity in their ages: at 30 Joseph was raised at the Pharoa's court and honoured with jewels and ruleship; so Iyesus Krstos was Annointed at 30, as Br Anbesa said, with the Priestly annointment, and during His Second Coming, crowned and annointed as King in nineteenTHIRTY (according to the pagan calendar, so that the whole world could witness the Glory of Jah).

all the Glory be to Egziabeher!

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 4/2/2008 8:26:56 AM

Love

Today it is a well-known fact that Yeshuah the Christ was born about 4-8 BC and was crucified 30-33 AD, in which falls a possible lifetime of 38/39 yrs, while a lifetime of only 33 or less can not be supported by historian and scientfifc means. (This can be proved and calculated by considering the dates of the ruling authorities given in Mathew and Luke.)

When I said His Majesty was crowned at age 38, I mean he was the rightful King after Zawditu died in spring 1930, still at age 38, and when His Majesty then was crowned in November he had already reached age 39.

blessed love
selah

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 4/2/2008 9:28:56 AM

That would make His crowning within His 40th year? I know that in anciency, this was supposedly the year a man achieves his grand master-hood title... or something like that... referring to some of the things in the temples of Kmt.

If someone can elaborate...?

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 4/11/2008 11:37:17 PM

BLESSED LOVE
GIVE THANKS
CHRIST WAS OF JUDAH WHICH THE BIBLE SPOKE NOTHING OF PREIST HOOD
CHRIST IS THE ORDER OF MELCHEZIDECH
SUPERIOR TO LEVITICAL PREIST HOOD HEBREWS 7
HE IS THE SUPERIOR PREIST
MELCHEZIDECH
WAS WITH OUT MOTHER WITH OUT FATHER WITH OUT BEGINNIN OF DAYS NOR END OF LIFE
SO THIS MAN WASNT JUST MESSIAH HE WAS JAH IN FLESH FIRST TIME HIM TOUCH THE EARTH AS APREIST AND KING
CAUSE
MELCHEZIDECH WAS ALSO KING OF SALEM {KING OF PEACE}
WHERE JAH RUSALEM IS TODAY
CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG THIS IS SOME READING
I JUST SEEN IN OXFORD COLLEGE BIBLE HARD COVER
ONLY JAH JUST COME ON THE SCENE WITH NO GENEOLOGY
BLESSED

Messenger: MackeDebe Sent: 2/26/2020 1:59:38 AMHidden
View Message  Reply

1 - 1011

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI