Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1997&start_row=1

Right and wrong/Christ and antiChrist

1 - 1011 - 19
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 7/1/2007 9:54:20 PM

Greetings All IYES Open,

So....I've been thinking on this antiChrist thing, and what that is exactly. Surely I don't believe in red skinned, two horned, pointy tailed satan, nor do I believe in the white haired, white robed, white skinned man in the clouds, dropped down as Christ(in any form). The Christ that is real, here and now, then and there, add infinity, is the potential that our SELF holds. I see the SELF as zero, imagine the scales in perfect balance, one side of the scale is Christ and the other the anti Christ. As we manifest our SELF in its potential forms we can go in two directions towards the good or towards the evil. The evil may be tempting but common sense points us towards the good. To manifest the fullness of SELF in the Christly way we must strive towards the good, while ones get sucked into the bad they manifest the anti Christ, or the opposite of all that they could have been. To dwell with the Most High one must become Christ, if one gets sucked into the void that is nothing they have become the antiChrist, and hell is truly no thing. Due to the fact that we cannot fathom what nothing truly is, it is also nothing which humans fear, it is the fear of death and hell, damnation, and punishment that still gives ones hope of something as bad as that might be, yet still hell is nothing, the blank slate, the recycling of the self into the void. What we as Humans hold the most dear is our consciousness, our awareness of life, and while we all must experience death, we shall be rewarded with a consciousness in the here after should we achieve our ultimate potential on the side of good. Every one is called but few are chosen. That is, not too many achieve their Christ potential, yet every one has the potential to do so should they not falter. Surely a perilous road, but a beautiful one as well, for in life we are able to endure every experience and still side with the Right and not the wrong should we choose to do so. Qedemawi Girmawi HIM Haile Selassie is Christ for He manifested Christ within Himself, the shining example for all of us to follow. He led by example all one must do is follow and become the fullness of the I SELF in perfect Goodness in perfect Love.

SELAM

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 7/2/2007 1:35:52 PM

some more food.....

Babylon is a broad term used to refer to all that is wrong and corrupted in this earth. Yet Babylon is not a city of evil, or some evil force greater than I and I that permeates the good of Igziabier works. Babylon is the works of man, what starts as an idea in the mind of humans and is manifested in works counter productive to the potential of good that could and should be there. Thus Babylon is a bi-product of the manifestation of antiChrist potential in the human. Rome itself is not solely the antiChrist, although it might be the largest concentration of antiChrist manifestation in human beings. However antiChrist rears its ugly head in humans all over the globe. I for one see it as neccessity to identify antiChrist mindset and its Babylonic force bi-product everywhere it exists and not focus on single sources, as the potential of antiChrist lies within all. It is up to I and I as ones striving for Christ SELF potential to raise awareness of others in the potential they carry, and not let them be sucked into temptations that result in disaster. His Majesty led by example, I and I follow that example, in hope and effort, to the fullest.

SELAM

Messenger: Ras Bredren Nicholas Sent: 7/2/2007 1:58:14 PM

Raspect.

Irie I. Bless.

RasTafarI
Haile I Selassie I

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 7/2/2007 8:50:12 PM

This is an issue i know and there are many who do works of and for him. But all are creatures of the all mighty and who is to say who shall enter the kingdom. While we might be faithful now its till the end we are to be faithful and as a wicked man may change his ways likewise a follower of righteous man could lose his way. Many called and so on. Now about the antichrist which is a bible word we must try to get what the bible identify as antichrist or we would be lost. My example is he we are using a map which gives the meaning of the symbols; we cannot then say the star represent water and the map say fire. Etc. You got it. Read my posts on this subject and daniel and tell of what you think.king selassie guide

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 7/3/2007 12:58:56 PM

Greetings...

Ras Power, I found your post, and it's very interesting. It seems the I has got something there, as far as dates and time in Biblical context, you make a strong point.
What I'm trying to get at is the fact that no institution exists without having first been conceived by the minds of humans. So no matter what attrocity that vaticant commits it's still formulated through a thought process, and thus the spark of evil that is antiChrist is in the SELF after it has taken the negative turn, only after that can it manifest in Babylonic works such as an institution.
Now the I makes a wonderful point in that any man can change in a heartbeat, from righteous to the opposite and vice versa. So it is the perseverance in righteousness, in the seeking of the Christ SELF that one attains the a place of consciousness after the earthly plain. A perfect example is His Majesty's forgiveness of Rome, not only uplifting Himself, but giving Rome its chance to humble and redirect for the good.
As far as literal Biblical interpretation goes I'm usaully a 50/50 split. I'm not such a one to go seeking signs and wonders to fulfill destiny, and I'm not trying to imply that Ras Power is, I do see many truths in the Bible, but like everyone else, I'm interpreting what I read to fit my own view of things. What I know is that all humans possess a higher and lower SELF and it is up to I and I to rise and not descend into the abyss, one can fall at any time, and that's a point to never forget. But all the signs and wonders exist right here and now, every peice of proof that I need in order to know I'm on the road is right here in front of I.
More to come...
SELAM

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 7/10/2007 7:54:54 AM

"Babylon is the works of man... a bi-product of the manifestation of antiChrist potential in the human. Rome... might be the largest concentration of antiChrist manifestation in human beings."

Creation-Fire wordsound!

Blessed reasoning SunofRa...

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 7/11/2007 4:22:05 PM

A Poisonous jellyfish has many tentacles

Some of i idren wish to fight the tentacles while some of ini are aiming straight for the head

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 7/12/2007 1:57:38 PM

Thinking on the subject some more....

Why do ones go the wrong way? I said before that the antichrist potential dwells in all, but what is the spark that ignites the flame? From what source does anitchrist potential bubble and flow? There are many forms of evil manifested on earth, and as I also said before it is common sense which tells us to do the good and go the Right way, so what possesses one to go to the darkside. Tempatations are always around, but that's no excuse. Just saying I was drunk with weakness at the time, does not cut it. Anyone could've made a better choice than the worst one they ever made. However, as a wise one pointed out to me, some of the worst examples of humans really thought they were doing the right thing. Prez b for example says he's guided by the hand of god, and I think he really beleives that, and I think that his perception of common sense is what he's actually following. Now truths are different to different people, we all see with our own eyes, but there are fundamental truths, based on logic, that transcend human definition, such as the 10 Immandments(Ma'at), and what kind of insanity can take its own common sense and challenge what is pure Iniversal Law?
I'm just thinking aloud, but I'd love some thoughts....EVERYTHING comes from one source, no?
SELAM

Messenger: Ten Sent: 7/12/2007 2:06:38 PM

Blessings
As the I said the truth means different things to different people and even for those who do wrong or practice evil, they in some twisted way believe their way is the truth as I believe Christ Yeshua is the Truth and the Light. Its best to keep your own balance, remember your truth values and don't get caught up in the ways of others otherwise that shall be your folly too.
But there is a feeling I get from the I's iditations that there is a split between right and wrong, a notion of universal logic and such. The danger with that is that it categorises people into either/or split binaries. Human identity and human experience is more complex than that and people are always fraught with circumstances, they don't always fit into the schisms of right/wrong - terms that are relative anyway because what right to I might not be right to another. I prefer to think of people as negotiating their cirucumstances so my gaze of the world is coloured and not strictly a notion of wrong or right. People are driven by circumstance to do things - not all thefts, not all murders are sinful or criminal - some are in self-defence others acts of desperation etc. But I'm sure you know all this already. I can't name the thing that drives people to do wrong, some say its bad spirits and you've iditated its the Anti-Christ, but I think Christ is too good for I to think in that frame, why give power to that which is negative? I'm not in disagreement with the I just reasoning - I s'pose your iditation is like that of the balance of karma - the good n bad without all the inferences to Babylon and the Beast...
But I what is common sense? What's common/logic to I might not be common/logic to someone else, its culturally relative just as the conception of Christ. What I've imagined as the actions of Christ within I might not reflect so upon another person; its all relative and very complex, but that's the beauty of life simple yet simultaneously complex. We might come from one source but our perspectives on the source are so many, so diverse and at times conflicting and each one claims to be THE TRUTH and some also go on to make the dangerous claim of being the ONLY TRUTH. But it all depends on what perspective you have, what your positioning is in relation to that which is 'truth'. Your positioning influences how you see/interpret 'the truth'. Such is the complex web of life and it spins on n on n on...
JAH LIVE

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 7/12/2007 6:18:35 PM

Blessed Ises

Well, i think the important thing to do is to seperate or see the difference between Truth and False And Right and Wrong.
The way i see it, there is really no such thing as right and wrong. As sistren Ten has already explained, it is a relative thing, as i see it or as you see it.
But where i disagree with the I, sis Ten , is that you mix right/wrong, with truth/false because such things cannot be said about Truth, truth is not a relative matter, Truth doesnt give a damn who or how anyone is looking at it, truth stands alone, a shining beacon that can never dim. Just because some ppl profess to carry the truth but only do folly, that doesnt blemish or change the truth one bit
what is wrong today might be considered right tomorrow, but the truth remains the truth and falsehood remains the same

on another note, speaking of the AntiChrist, there seems to be a slight misunderstanding here in that, alright, if you take antichrist to mean anything that is contaray to the Christ spirit, then we have no problem. But what i and some idren actually speak when we talk about the antichrist is as it is defined in the Ible. We are not talking about your bad mind neighbour, or your cheating spouse etc..we speak of the Anti christ,the Beast, Political and religious power, we speak of not random acts of evil but careful, organised, well thought and planned acts against the earths people that go back centuries until today

Rastafari Is

1 - 1011 - 19

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I