Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=195&start_row=1

Being a rastawoman

1 - 1011 - 16
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Roots Dawtha Sent: 2/4/2004 4:59:08 PM

I became a fully rastafarian about three years ago. It was always a way of life for me and in me. I never ate meat from the tender age of ten,always love to read my bible,listen to every positive reggae music,read about Haile Selaasie I and admired rastafarian women & men how they were so cultural. I wanted to be a rasta but I did not understand the reasoning of rastafarians and their beliefs,although I was born in Jamaica. Also I did not want to locks for style or because of me having a king man with locks. Although I beleive the king man I had just locks up for style. So I did not locks. But something special happen that allows me to become fully rasta a couple years ago and to some it sounded weird. I had a vision and I just began to locks. However I am sadden by some of the rastafarian men and women eating meat,choosing women & men that aren't culturally incline, smoking crack and is too much involve in sexually explicit activity. As I look at a rasta man now and women I am sadden by their appearance and their action. Being a rasta woman to me is lonely,hard and a challenge. I find no truth in what many are saying by their actions. But then again they might be wolf in sheep clothing. Here where I am located I do not see any rastafarian,neither shops,nor organization that is willing to teach a mind that hungers for truth, where I can learn more. I must say I am ignorant to a lot of things and need to learn more. I would like to know what is the difference between a bubba dread,nyahbingi dread and an orthodox rasta. Give thanks and hope to get a response. One love!

Roots Dawtha

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/4/2004 7:24:16 PM

Blessed Love I Sistren,

In I and I trod, I and I will see many who call theirselves Rasta, but live far from I and I livity. There are only a few that are serious about this trod. And among those few that are serious, there is even a smaller number that actually know themselves and Iverstand the movements of the spirit.

I and I can't let the false people stop I and I in RasTafarI trod. I and I must remember that many are called, but only a few choose to be with Jah. So I and I must expect this, and know what a blessing it is when Jah brings I and I together with Ones who are true.

In regards to your question about the Bobo, Nyahbinghi, and Orthodox.

Nyahbinghi means - death to all downpressors

Nyahbinghi is the name of a RasTafarI group that live a mystical trod, and Nyahbinghi regard Selassie I as Jah. Nyahbinghi is also the name of the chanting that RasTafarI people do to sing praise to Jah, and call fire on Babylon. So all RasTafarI can chant Nyahbinghi if they know how to do it. If you reason with Bobo, and other RasTafarI who are not of the group called Nyahbinghi, the I will see that some also speak of chanting Nyahbinghi.

Bobo is similar to Nyahbinghi, because both are a strict and powerful movement. Bobo live with a very strict order when they are in the Bobo camp. Their day to day movements are structured and disciplined and they run the camp like Jah army base.

Bobo regard Marcus Garvey and Emanuel (translated God with Us) as One with Jah, as Selassie I is One, and Christ is One. Bobo sight the trinity as Holy Emanuel I, King Selassie I, John Marcus I.

Bobo also sight I and I as One with Jah, when I and I live for Jah. That is why they call eachother "My Lord".

I haven't reasoned that much with Orthodox Rasta, but I will speak about what I know. The Orthodox go to a Christian Orthodox Church, and deal with the ceremonies of the Ethiopian Orthodox. Many don't regard Selassie I as One with Jah, but only regard HIM as a great man. I know that some Orthodox Rasta, from the "Church of Haile Selassie I", do regard Selassie I as Jah.

Jah Blessings,

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Roots Dawtha Sent: 2/5/2004 7:52:20 AM

Give thanks Ark I for your wise knowledge!!

I was watching a video I order from Canada. The video is called ROOTS DAUGHTER, by Bianca Brynda. It was shown in various college one of them was Medgar Evers College. Judy Mowatt was the feature (before she cut her locks off),along with various rastafarian woman. The women spoke of their struggle,being a rasta, about the Bobo dread strictness, and one of the rasta men spoke that women are inferior to man. I don't know if he was nyabingi or Bobo but I was sadden by the mentality that still exist with man and women. I do beleive that we women should act like women and stop taking on roles that men no longer feel a women need them to do. That does not mean we should be belittle or placed under restriction. You should really check out the video. It introduces rastawomen in their social,political and economic context and shows Nyahbingi,Rastafari's central ritual of drumming,chanting and reasoning. It aslo traces the orgins of Rastafarian in Africa, the mysterious warrior Queen Nyahbingi,photograhs,illustrates,maps and charts,including footage of H.I.M Haile Selassie,the Ethiopian emperor and spirituaal leader of Rastafari,in Geneva at the League of Nations, and many other things. You will love this thought-provoking touching video. If there is any other video you know about that is educational please let the I know. I wish you and the viewers of this site one love,Jah blessings and guidance. Rastafari!!!!!

Roots Dawtha

Messenger: peter mloyi Sent: 2/5/2004 8:50:35 AM

Roots dawta iman overstand the experiences you are facing. It is hard to be a rasta queen in a society that donot look positively on you. I did face the same ting.
Ark I had already write everything and i know you are 21st century queen to learn anything you want i.e using the web.
Yes the Rasta teachings are wide but still we rasta's do not have our hearts inna Afrika! try to reason of this as you ponders more.
Keep faith on HIM and Jah will guide and protect you all strong and tight.
Ras TafarI.

Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 2/5/2004 1:57:09 PM

Blessed LOVE Jah Rasta Far I

Beloved, Roots Dawtha.....
INI site the post and sista, I heartically send the love of the sistren. It is a lonely road for the woman. SO many Rasta site that the queen can only come through kingman. Sista, the only King for any Rasta male or female is Jah Rasta Far I, King Selassie I.... site?

today is Babylonian times where the society is on low loeves of separation.....Separation of People by color gender nationality and relgion....then through the blessings of science ovestanding then flesh conintues this separation by rationalization of science and psychology and all that......

Rasta sistren.....The is is a creaton of JAH.....not of any man....Of the father JAH........so all those ones lost in confusion by thier terminiology of this and that......just keep the heart pure and the hands clean and Zion is INI.....

Be the dawta of the most high. Know who u are.....ONce the I dknow self... it don't matter what those pagans be saying or doing.....THe majority is not the safe way to go......CONSIDER Noah......

It is lonely to be Rasta in some ways....yes...INI site that in the lonely times it is a learning time......WHere is that feeling coming from. NEVER COMPROMISE TRUTH.......even for comfort..... because it will always come back to.

Rasta people like any one else.....Cyant put standards on others unless the i live up to them....INI site that I live by INI precepts, no bother about what others do to themselves....site.....Love is the only law to obey...

RASTA LIVITY and HEARTICAL Bliss is beyond i humaness.......Jah Jah I-dren live for the abundance of LIFE.......

DOn't give up and don't look for others to show the I the way.....

Make the way that the Creator placed in side the INI........

BLessed love Jah rasta far I

Messenger: Roots Dawtha Sent: 2/6/2004 8:26:40 AM

Give thanks Nefertiti,

For your inspirational words. I will continue to walk in the light. One love always!

Roots Dawtha

Messenger: Roots Dawtha Sent: 2/6/2004 8:28:56 AM

Greetings brother Peter,

Thank you for your thoughts and wise words. May Jah continue to bless,teach and guide you while you inspire other curious mind. Jah blessing always!

Roots Dawtha

Messenger: Sistren Mentewab Sent: 11/24/2005 4:49:25 AM

Greetings me Sistren.
In'I been Rasta fe a year now, and tis not an easy road- but In'I strive each an everyday fe perfection. (I've only just discovered dis site). I'm also saddened now by In'I idrens an Sistrens who call dem Rasta, but dem nah behave Rasta... an try to confuse I wit lies, but Haile Selassie guide I always. It's been a lang iwah since I wanted to reason an contact ada Sistrens, an feel Blessed To hav de opportunity.
I'm from South Africa... in the Province of the Free State to be exact (don't be fooled by the name, ders too much babylon der too). I've admired de way of de Rastaman (did never sight a Rastawoman) since i was about 13. When I was 18 I met a Rastaman who did giv I knowledge about Rastafari livity, an a year later I became a Rastawoman. I met some Sistrens who have also just joined In'I moveMANt, an together In'I try to uplift an strenghthen each ada wit reference to the Bible an In'I also share wit dem Idrens. Since u know dat In'I FATHER has many Mansions coz of HIS many youts... In'I from de ORDER OF MELCHIZEDEK- Order of Rastafari! I was baptised under he Order an In'I rightful name givn back to I: TEWABECH MENTEWAB KASSAHUN WALATA MENEN.

IN'i wud love even fe Sistrens (an Idrens) to share about tings dat affect de Rastawoman an de role of de Rastawoman in de moveMANt.

Me give thanks.
KEDEMAWE HAILE SELASSIE, WOIZERO MENEN.

Messenger: Tefer_Anbesa Sent: 11/25/2005 1:58:15 AM

Tenayestalign~ My knowledge of Rasta is still in it's enfancy, but from what I do know about Nyahbingi and Bobo Shanti is that both sects have their origins in African traditions that venerate their respective Queens Nyahzingi and Ashanti as Godesses. Now when We retrace the origins of Rasta it is clear that Haile Selassie I is descended from King David of Israel, therefore it is safe to say that Our Lord is an Israelight King. Based on His mystical manifestation as the Son of God, related to Eyesus Kristos through the lineage of Solomon & Sheba, he has revealed himself as the embodiment of the Prophet, Priest, King, Melke Sedek of Jerusalem. So the prophecy in revelation of the returm of Christ the Lion of Judah is fulfilled in the person of Ras Teferi, the Israelight Christian Ethiopian King ruling in the name of Haile Selassie on Earth and in Heaven. Now, according to the book of revelation the 144,000 first fruits are God's chosen few, from amongts the 12 twelve tribes of Israel. Therefore it seems obvious that to be a true Rasta one must be an Israelight Christian Ethiopian because We must follow HIM wherever he may lead Us. I know for a fact that he never personally demonstarted the beating of drums, burning incense, and chanting to the Queen of Heaven. He always observed the ancient Tewahdo order of oneness, as in the Holy Trinity, 3~1 & 1~3, Ab~Wolde~MenfesKidus. So it seems that these traditions of Nyahbingi and Bobo shanti are derived from outside sources that have been asimilated into "Rasta" and their claims of being Melchisedek's Order are false. Mind you, many of their traditions are in fact parallelles of similar practices observed by the Orthodox Israelights and Ethiopian Christians. For example the druming, the burning of incense, chanting, etc... The line seems blurred between authentic origins and pagan infultration because many zealous religous men/women crossed over to worship pagan ideas and vise versa. Jeremiah 44 describes one such example of the men of Israel being seduced by thier women to burn incense onto the Queen of Heaven. This concept of a queen of heaven is obviously pagan in origin seeing as it is considered blasphemous to the God of Jacob, the Holy Trinity, Haile Selassie I, as in Melke Sedek, the form of righteousness, Eyesus Kristos, the right arm of God, Father Son and Holy Spirit. In conclusion, my belief is that Haile Selassie I is Christ in his kingly character ~ Melchisedek, all Rastas are Israelight Christian Ethiopians and His/Our order is the Etyopyan Tewahdo Hymanot (Orthodox Faith). Selam ~

Messenger: Sistren Mentewab Sent: 11/25/2005 3:22:53 AM

Just out o curiousity In'I, what does ur name mean (Tefer-Anbesa)?

1 - 1011 - 16

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I