Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1943&start_row=1

I am ignorant, stupid and confused?

1 - 5
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: still looking Sent: 6/15/2007 7:11:38 AM

why?

because I do not believe in a man that:

*was born to a women that did not have sex, but was impregnated by a spirit.

*could walk on water

*could touch blind people and make them see

*died and was buried, but we can't find his bones because he rose on the third day and went into the sky.

I am also probably ignorant, stupid and confused because i don't believe in a man that:

*collected 2 of every animal and species that is with us today and got them all on a boat to ride out a flood that cover the "whole" earth.

*climbed a mountain and talked to a bush ---not just any bush, but a bush capable of writing on stone

*was able to turn a staff into a snake

*turned water into blood

so am i really the one who is ignorant, stupid or confused when it is some of you here that believe in the reality of these fables?

Someone mentioned the bible as a beautiful book ---- I will give you that there are some beautiful stories in the book, but there are also some scary stories. the god of the old testament has some serious anger management issues and is for the most part down right mean.

you know what it is ironic about this whole discussion we are having-----i in actuallity, are more christ like in that i am the one daring to speak up against the lunacy of our day while many of you are acting more like those that crucified him (now remember----it is all only a story just as the turtle and the hare, but it does have a lesson)

some of you probably just fumed with anger that i could compare myself to your precious myth, but i can do so because it is only a myth.

Now as for RasK---- you appologize because i am older then you? which tells me that you think it is ok to speak to the youth like you did.

the youth is our future ---do you honestly think that speaking to a young person the way you did is really the way to open their ears? If you really want the youth to believe in your jesus don't you think they should see jesus in your actions?

remember it is your bible (which i can read for lessons without believing in the reality of the events) which teaches us to do onto others as you would have done to you.------do you wish to be called names by someone older(or younger) than you?

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/15/2007 5:55:26 PM

Boss, you never hear me say i done with you

Is it so hard to keep i name off your mouth

I have no wish to argue with an elder of mine, when instead according to your age and stature, you should have been the one to guide ini younger youths.
So Keep talking about white jesus...say it a hundred more times...i am not listening so dont try to project your way of seeing things unto i.
For you dont know I, and you damn sure dont know Rastafari

Speak with those who will speak to you and peace be unto you

If you were a child, I would correct you as i would to a child.
If you were of I own age, then i would speak to you as such, and i wouldnt mind if we got heated sometimes, youth to youth.
But for an elder to speak as you do.....i dont have nothing for that.... i will leave that to those of your own age, or to those who have less respect for your age.

Rastafari Is

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/15/2007 5:57:31 PM

" If you really want the youth to believe in your jesus"

I wont call you ignorant, but i will call your words as such

Messenger: still looking Sent: 6/15/2007 8:03:24 PM

maybe rasK if you try to look outside of your box you will see that i am trying to educate the youth.

if i meet a person who already knows their multiplication tables wouldn't it be a waste of time to talk to them about such?

you think because i am saying something that you disagree with that it cannot guide.

well i guess you are right if you refuse to listen.

respect

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/15/2007 8:20:56 PM

I know it makes you feel better to think i am speaking like this just because i disagree with you...so go ahead....but all those who have read your words closely know why i speak so

1 - 5

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I