Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1942&start_row=11

A Rasta site?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 28
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: prophecy Sent: 6/14/2007 7:34:41 PM

A wise angel(bredren) told I, it is better to have reasoning then to have preaching. It is one thing to ask a question, but it is sometimes the way it is asked that brings forth fire. I n I are free to ask questions to grow closer within rastafari. But, it seems nuff times I n I cannot reason upfull.
I n I are representing king alpha and queen omega, i n i must trodd accordingly.

Within Rastafari are many mansions and not all mansions see Selassie as the messiah or even Jah. Although I n I may not agree, I n I must be upfull and stand as one. However, if I n I are living in the wrong, I n I will have to be purged to live in the "R"ight.
Being a european bobo, I n I follow the black christ in flesh. U must go through the son to get to the father(pardon I don't remember the exact chapter that is in).
Read Micah 4
1 epistle John 4
hebrew 7

heart of love

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/14/2007 7:37:04 PM

Seen, this is your foolishness. you think im speaking like this because you dont agree with I. I could care less what you think. You can gaze all you want, gaze at the sunset with your mouth open saying Awe...but ini dont let emotions rule ini reasoning. Its your time on earth. Do with it what you will
But i will tell you what is idiotic

First it was there is no GOD

one day later its "WHERE IS INI GOD FOR THE AFRICAN TO CHOOSE IF THEY SO DESIRE?"

I dont even know where you got the idea that God is whatsoever or whosover you "choose as you desire"

But if im reading this correctly, and you truly dont believe that there is No God, that means God, is just an illusion right?
So its ok for Africans to believe in an illusion as long as its an illusion they created on their own?
is that it?
Like i said...Idiotic....take that how you want

and plz stop saying INI all the time, you are not fooling anyone
i am just wondering how much further than saying InI do you go. Do you wear InI Red Gold and Green Banner too? Do you carry the Nazarene locks too?
I wont assume that you do... but if you do...you might look in the mirror for that wolf you been looking for

Messenger: still looking Sent: 6/14/2007 8:12:38 PM

Yeah RasK

I do not believe in a God, but I do understand the importance that it does play in the way the world works.

And what i see at work may be the ultimate form of racism/ oppression still going on -----every other nation has a god that represents their likeness except Africans.

Think about this ----i work at an inner city school, it looks like the united nations and with all of those groups only one racial slur is used and allowed --yeah N*****.

asians and hispanics use it the most, then blacks and yes even some whites -----and it is ok. and don't give me that they are using it as a term of endearment garbage, because if white kids started to call there friends a racial slur associated with asians or blacks started to use a hispanic racial slur for their freinds heads would role.

the closer to white one is the easier their life is and i don't think it is by chance that all groups have a god in their image except blacks.

you know the cia is still watching the nation of islam.

I do not need to believe in the reality of a god to know that Africans should have their own myths. myths are important to every culture and africa needs one on a global scale.

i suggest you read joseph campbell's work ---he speaks better than I ever could on the power of Myths.

I love myths --there are lessons to be learned in them, but they do not have top have happened in order to teach a lesson.

did the turtle and the hare ever race? of course not, but we all know the lesson.

I do not know your age and will not make any type of guess, but name calling is a rather childish behavior--but if it make you feel better you can continue.

respect

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/14/2007 8:25:20 PM

do you even hear yourself while you are speaking or do you just say anything that comes to your mind

Hold on to your myths...keep em close to you.....to use your own words, its " a rather childish behavior--but if it make you feel better you can continue."

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 6/15/2007 1:54:11 AM

Still Looking,

Whether or not Iyasus walked in flesh or in the minds of a writer who was trying to teach a lesson in myth form, the fact remains that the story goes so much deeper, as even the I has insinuated. An African story, right? sure, Buddha, Krishna too, we can trace these stories to Africa and they will lead you to all the glory you are seeking. The fact that the Bible has been used maliciously doesn't make it any less beautiful, if you don't believe the preacher man then you have nothing to worry about, the I can interpret things as the I wish. The Bible says nothing about white people, so why worry about the images ones paint? those images are just the imagination of an artist, not photos, I'm not trying to be condescending, but this is obvious. We can't blame current race problems on the Bible for surely you can see that the Bible was a tool that would have been replaced by something else if it hadn't existed in the first place, it was man's wish divide things period. Moreover, His Majesty worked with many Europeans to spread the message that there is truth in the Bible, His Majesty never said to take it literal, however His Majesty did base Himself on literal aspects of the Bible.
I wonder if you or I would have come to such a focus if His Majesty did not "Glory in the Bible." He is of Solomonic dynasty, and this is a critical aspect of His character. If we take His Majesty with no history and let Him stand alone how much would we discover? would He be lumped into the category of other great men and then stop? what would compel I to look deeper had His Majesty not come in such splendor?
His Majesty brought I to a completely new perspective on the Bible, and so much further, now making Kemetian HIStory so very important, and then to see that it originated in Ethiopia in the first place 360 degrees.
The I has said several times now that you don't need Christ, and you don't believe in a "God", so why do you choose to follow His Majesty? What makes HIM special? and how can you stomach devotion to HIM when He clearly upholds concepts that bother you so much? You said that Africans have no God/s in their likeness, so I must ask, have you ever seen older Ethiopian icons, Black Christ and Black Mariam, have you studied Kemetian history at all, it is worship of Kings and Queens, who were, by the way, Black Africans, and if that is not enough, there are a plethora of African religions which have created God/Goddesses in the images of ancestors or images likened to themselves, or likened to aspects of nature or even their imaginations which are inspired by the heart of who they are.
Have you seen anyone here promote a "white" Christ? Or do you just get that vibe because it is you who had made that association long before you started writing here?

Please think on this before writing back, I'm not trying to fight you, I do want to reason, I've given a lot of thought to our past reasoning and still see a gap here, but like I said before, we agree on more than you might think.

SELAM

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/15/2007 7:09:18 AM

what is that country doing to i people, JAH

Messenger: still looking Sent: 6/15/2007 7:17:01 AM

Sunofman,

with all due respect, we can blame much of the worlds problems on the bible and religions in general. how many wars do you think have religion playing a major hand?

you hail up christ, but are you jewish?

You don't have to answer but the point is, I can love and respect Selassi I and not go to christ.

it is that simple

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 6/15/2007 8:27:39 AM

This site is hilarious to me. If my Kingman EVER knew I was even diginifying these things with response, he would be VEX! But while eating my lunch at my desk at work... I can't resist. LOL

Alright then... More Love & Gratitude for I guidance & itection of Empress Menen I Selassie I... Mother love is REAL! Selah.

Still Looking, I see where the I is coming from on this thread of reasoning. The reason everyone is getting vex with the I for asking if most of the people on this site are white is cos the answer is yes. It must be! Most of the people engaging in discussion forums on the internet relating for Fari livity are either white RasTa or African RasTa who are professionals and hence have sustained access to the internet. The most of our African RasTa community don't have regular access to the internet, mostly because the work InI do in the majority means no pc at desk - type thing. And we know the numbers of InI who managed to make it to "professional", so the majority of internet RasTa are white.

I've had this conversation before... and I have no fundamental issue with white RasTa, as I said in a previous post the truth stands alone, it is for InI to choose to stand beside it. So black, white, whatever... can choose the truth by which to stand. InI know it is the African God & King of I anciency that guards the essential truth of Iration. Selah. It is not a race thing at all.

The problem is that as much as African people at the four wings have felt the fury of vile oppression, white people have had the misfortune of having to intrinsically support a system that oppresses African people, while providing the West with the excesses of comfort wo which they have grown accustomed. This has bred a mental predisposition of white supremacy and white privelege that many white RasTa (many, not all) are reluctant to tangibly identify and genuinely burn out.

There are many white RasTa who overstand that their journey to truth is very different from InI African who need ancient reawakening of natural melanin-related spiritual essence... and those white RasTa are Fari for real. They embark on their journey and any opportunity to learn about their legacy and blaze it from within is taken. I love that, and those are the steps towards Iniversal healing.

On the other hand, there are white people who love the Fari vibes, the music, the livity, the community, the ilamental irits, etc, etc... so they have a genuine intention to connect with RasTafari, but when it comes down to it they, in fact, just start to apply white privilege mentality to the RasTafari discourse (often without even knowing it). So, it turns into a situation where anything too "black" about I-Fari meditations is refuted. That is the reason why when InI wish to express non-compromise warrior rhetoric into our reasonings (because I-Africans are still not done defending it), they choose to shoot it down with "one love" passwords.

The ila thing is that they can only do that within their own congregations, and on the internet.

I overstand what the I is reaching out about on this topic.

Reasoning is better than preaching, that's true. So... I think if the I is still looking... the I might find somethings that ring true to the I resonance if you search out the Principles and Order of Boboshanti House. InI don't deal with no michaelangelo depiction of Jesus. In fact, InI do not deal with no Jesus doctrine at all. Jesus is a Latin name, I-womban know not who he is. The message and story of the CHRIST which was pirated from the walls of Ancient African temples talks of the Christ livity, the Christ character, upheld and affected by High Priests who took vows and lived out principles of Christliness and ruled theocratically in line with the natural laws of JAH. (See Melchezidek, King of Salem).

I-womban know that Christ is a covenant, Christ is a heartical vow. There are those special ones who make a vow and a covenant, then are so Good and righteous that it manifests in their fullness... and with the perfect timing and guidance of the mystic, InI thus receive a messenger, a leader, a teacher, a High Priest to lead us towards the Ancient African heart of Christ... this is InI Father Moses, Black Christ, a High Priest after the order of Melchezidek, Holy Prince Emmanuel I 7th Adoniai God.

I'm just saying that, seeing as there are so much Authority Ras on this website, why none of them will see the name you are using "Still Looking" and not tell you about something that the I can search fi find.

Through an ordered and principled ancient African livity, (hence the Moses reference) Prince Emmanuel cleans our ivels and our irits and purge InI, free InI African from out of all bondage, that InI may bring forth the Spiritual nature of our African selves. Doing so, he points InI to Honourable Prophet John Marcus Mosiah Garvey... and he tells us the reality and practicalities of our journey in these times, that InI must educate ourselves, finance ourselves, be self sufficient Africans again, and of course Repatriate for the betterment of our people and our nation. And of course we know that Honourable Marcus I, dignified and virtuous statesman, was the prelude to the kiss... the crowning of the African God & Ithiopian King fulfilling prophecy and history to date.

The life, the words, the works of Haile I Selassie I first and his iternally virtuous Empress speak of his plan of action for I-African people. As much as his message is Iniversal, it cannot be gotten away from that the Iniversal co-operation for the reinstatement of the African nation is in the spiritual interests of all Creation. It was always clear that Selassie's priority was to Africa. He was the personal mentor of Kwame Nkrumah, Africa's first sovereign president to implement a successful plan for the extraordinary upliftment out of bondage and exploitation to marvellous and successful black self determination, self sustainance... and of course as the black star on their national flag indicates, Ghana has been a beacon of repatriational light for InI at the Four Wings for decades now. He held a secret conference of African leaders & delegates and called them the Nyabinghi!! So, InI need not ask about if Selassie I dead... EARTHQUAKE & THUNDA FIYAH.

Selassie I lives!

Anyway, a lot of folks on here probably resonate with a Fari version that is justified within Roman imperial context. And like the I, I find it puzzling because Jesus was killed by the Romans. Then the Romans compiled the book to support the notion that essentially the doctrine is constructed upon the idea that the "Christ" was crucified by the Romans... and faith is dependant on believing in the ressurection. Well, InI cannot cheat fleshical death as much as InI cannot cheat fleshical life. So, that story is too corrupt for me now.

The God of Africa has reigned in Ethiopia since before even Abraham... so like the I, the Jesus thing is supplementary knowledge for we.

I hope everyone does not go mad on here now... I see how unuh lot stay already. I am agreeing with Still Looking in this instance... cos I think RasTa heart should be finished with the Roman Jesus thing by now.

InI have our own prophets, priests and King now, and we don't need no sanction from anybody, talk less of our reputational oppressors.

I think if people sight Ras Tafari they gonna have to do it the African way. African liberation must stay at the top of the agenda, without compromise.

Blessed Love and awakening... ever living & ever faithful Holy Emmanuel I... Selassie I... JAH... Ras Tafari.

Messenger: Dominic Sent: 6/15/2007 10:49:50 AM

Greetings Everyone!

I have been watching this still looking battle going on, truely crazy. Some of you cats be arguing like 10 year old school girls about things.

Im not saying still looking is correct. Actually theres many things I cant overstand about your reasoning. its true we gotta let them ideas about ROMAN JESUS go. However CHRIST AND MESSIAH JAHSUS IS A NATTY DREAD RASTAMAN FROM AFRICA AND WHY WOULD I TAKE HIM OUT OF OUR MIND IF HE POWERFUL JUST AS SELASSIE I?

Just because babylon put negativity on a special symbol of JAH himself dont mean you should erase him from ya mind.

Bless up

Messenger: still looking Sent: 6/15/2007 5:22:12 PM

Respect Yaa Asantewa;

You mentioned in one post that locale may make discussion on this subjects difficult (i am paraphrasing) so the internet may serve a purpose-----well this is true for i---not many rasta that share the vibe you have ----and your vibe is so important for my seven children and the African kids that go to the Your-rope-ian school where i teach in the states.

they get white man's version of his-story in every class and all the churches around give the white man's version. it is this one sided story telling for centuries that has led some to having a superiority complex and others having to fight against possibly having an inferiority complex.

here is part of the introduction to the racism unit i do in class that may come as a surprise to you, but i use it to get the attention of all of my students.

I ask them if they know the name of lauryn hill's first big record. As time goes by i have less remember "the miseducation of lauryn hill" I explain what this title means ---- basically the whitewashing of history.

I then tell them i would change the name a little --I call it "the miseducation of Jesse and Me"

Jesse was my best friend through middle school----he was (and still is if he is alive) black ------ I am white. I let the kids know that lauryn and jesse were not the only ones being miseducated. we all were. I as a white man was denied all of the great contributions out of africa.

and to be quite frank about it -----it makes me angry. angry to think that these adults who we were to place our trust in manipulated there teachings in away that were an advantage to whites and a disadvantage to all those that were not white.

and the Your-rope-ian church system is no better.

I am married to an african queen (17 years). she fought in the chimurenga in zimbabwe to end british rule. she lost a brother in the war. we have seven children ; 1 from her first marriage (my first child- there are no steps in this family) 1 from each other and 5 that we adopted when their parents died. My wife's brother and sister (2 sets of families). I watch what is happening today in africa and i get pissed knowing how 500 years of oppression and exploitation has led to the trouble they are going through. to think that Your-rope-ian countries will help the african countries by giving them "loans" is laughable. they should fork over the money that they owe them for the human cargo that they stole.

i could go on and on, but when i see a rasta site and start reading jesus this and jesus that and discussions on noah ---- i just get the sense that it is more christianinsanity rolling into africa to do its oppression business again.

I hope the I keeps posting and if I could ever run into the I and her kingman i would be most humbled.

much respect and praises

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 28

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I