Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1941&start_row=51

wolves in sheep clothing

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 52
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/23/2007 5:59:00 PM

Holy I Ises

Give thanks for another blessed Sabaath, oh Jah
I pray all the i dem had a blessed day

Holy I Selassie I Jah Rastafari

Messenger: Ten Sent: 6/24/2007 3:51:14 AM

Greetings I n I
Hope the Sabbath was a blessed one. For the sake of controversy and reasoning further I'm going to suggest the book by Kobena Mercer - Welcome to the Jungle: New Positions in Black Cultural Studies. There's an essay in there on Black hair with specific reference to Black men. He discusses the different variations that have become a part of Black culture through time; the 'fro, dreadlocks, s-curl, haircuts etc. Its useful to think about how things have become a part of society and its no longer ascribing to a white straight-haired look as ideal. Putting chemicals, extensions n such are now a part of Black urban cultures all over the world and so are dreadlocks. For Rastas, as people living in 'the here and now' (to use HIS words loosely), how do we overs that? And also as much as its fact Sellasie I had locks as Tafari, when crowned Sellasie I King of Kings, Conquering Lion fact is he did not have locks so either so the debate on HIS locks can go either way.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 52

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I