Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1940&start_row=1

FIRE BURN

1 - 3
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras ogeto Sent: 6/14/2007 1:13:59 PM

ises
we have dem rastas who take alcohol n yet they claim to b rastas n others who take white meat like fish,to me they should look for a name that siuts them better than to tanish the good name of da rasta people by setting a good example to the up coming rasta people coz only the simple things they take for granted could for eternity confuse the up coming rasta.so to me i strongly fire burn them

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 6/14/2007 3:18:04 PM

the fire is for the purification. not what goes into man that defiles him but what comes out of him. what use is the fire if i rastafari eat fish and drink Guiness and living upright, follow the teachings of Christ and abiding by rule. FIRE BURN all who claim Rastafari who are not living upright! this is not about fish and alcohal. the fire is for the purification

One Love, Menfes Kidus Immanuel

Messenger: Ten Sent: 6/14/2007 4:00:39 PM

True Young Lion, I fire is for the purfication of the spirit. It is about the works of ones and ones more and sometimes people act badly because they abuse alcohol or they eat ital but still disrespect the principles JAH laid down for I n I. I think the I, Ras O, who put up this post should reason further with people, it might help. I was the same way, burning faya 'pon people for eating meat and drinking alcohol but I was humbled and came to over that JAH is not about that. As much as food is for spiritual praise, what matters is not so much the type of food as the meditation that goes along with it. Being veg works for I, its helped I in I n I trod, but I can't refuse the teachings of another because them yam meat or drink alcohol, JAH is deeper than that. Wisdom is found in many places, that's JAH's irony...Further what about those for health reasons who have to eat meat? You gon' burn faya on anaemic rastas because of their conditions? What about Eskimos or the Kalahari San whose geographical conditions make it impossible to be vegetarian? There is no moral superiority you can assume by being veg, cos Hitler was veg and see what he did, on the other hand Martin Luther King was veg too and he did so much good and is an important figure in Rasta as important as Nelson Mandela, Marcus Garvey and Malcom X who ate meat. Are you chanting Marcus Garvey too who prophesied Sellasie I although he ate meat? Ras O please see the past posts on what you should/should not eat. Bless

1 - 3

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I