Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1939&start_row=41

2007 Singles Jah Music

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 43
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/23/2007 8:49:49 AM

haha YES IYAH, long time i man nah see Arrested Development, that was a good moment for hiphop, shame they couldnt keep it going. Or have they, i have no idea what happened since then
Yes I, I know the Dusty Foot Philosopher, the youth is well talented and conscious. Only problem i have with him is his voice, i mean its nice and everything, but it also has that squeaky Eminem quality to it, a bit irritating after a while, but perhaps its just me

I get what the I is saying about dancehall riddims and that.

"But for me also the style of the music in hiphop is better than in dancehall."

A little while ago, i would have whole heartedly agreed with the I, but right at this moment, with the arrival of producers like Don Corleon and Freddie Mcgregor´s son, Stephen Mcgregor and others , dancehall got hiphop on the run. Time will tell if it reverts back again.
Just an opinion

Bless
Rastafari Is

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 6/23/2007 9:09:10 AM

Ises my Lord

Arrested Development is back again with a new album. I saw them on their promotion tour for this album. The style is cool and very relaxed still, but they lost the Dreadlock vibe and talk more about some christian things and so on.

Here brethren check some new stuff of AD:

Oh, and I forgot one of the earliest and the best ones:

Yes I have to agree with what the I is saying bout Knaan.
I can't stand listening that only for a while. But I like the very natural way how they do their beats. I saw them live and all they had was hand drums! Never before I saw hiphop ONLY on african hand drums! That was amazing.

Besides all that, I realy prefere going to such hiphop concerts than going to reggae dancehall concerts. Because when you only check this music videos, you ovrstand, at such serious hiphop concerts you won't see any hype people.

Ily I
Selah

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/23/2007 9:21:05 AM

Yes I

Its kool, not my kind of music, but the verses are baaad. but that old stuff,,,oohhhhweeeee, cant even compare. Still good to see them still doing it. Give thanks for the reminder.

I cant say much about concerts, since i have never been to a dancehall concert, unless of course you would count Sizzla and dem as dancehall, and i dont go too much to hiphop concerts either, last one i can remember was Nas in london which was one of the best i seen still.

Ises

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 43

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I