Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1913&start_row=1

Jah Loveth The Gates of Zion

Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: I Youth Sent: 6/4/2007 1:06:19 AM

Greetings I Bredren and Sistren,
InI was surfing for more knowledge on some things that InI have seen mentioned in some reasonings on this blessed site lately and I see mention of the Black Heritage Bible and found a cool site called www.blackheritagebiblelessons.com while the book itself is not for free on the site some of the curriculum is. but I came across some interesting info about the establishment of Zion. InI feel the need to share and reason and the I would like to know what I Bredren and Sistren think of the info. It say:

"Jah loveth the gates of Zion more than all the dwellings of Jacob" Psalms 87:2

It is imperative for African-Americans to understand Zion, its origin and its final establishment. This is necessary because Zion was originally black men’s territory, specifically belonging to the sons of Ham. Let us therefore take a historical look at Zion and God’s feelings toward Zion.

The first thing that needs to be noted is that Zion and Jerusalem refer to the same city. In the time of Abraham this city was known as Salem. Salem was the city of a Hametic King Priest called Melchizedek. The reader will discover later in this book the evidence that Ham was the father of the Black race, and his descendants were black, Melchizedek being one of these descendants.

Melchizedek was representative of Jesus Christ on earth before the Hebrew Levitical System was organized. This we can assume for the following reasons: 1. He is called a Priest of the most High God, before the Priesthood is organized. (Hebrews 7:1) 2. Jesus is made a Priest like unto him, in the New Testament, and not unto Levite. (Hebrews 5:10) These facts will be discussed later.

Zion was first called Jerusalem by the Canaanites. The Canaanites were decedents of Canaan. Canaan was the Black son of Ham.

We say he was the Black son of Ham because Ham is the strongest word in the Egyptian tongue for blackness, and is generally accepted to be the father of the Black race. If in fact Ham was the father of the black race and black himself, then according to the standards of genetics, he could only produce a Black child.

It was Canaan’s descendants along with those of his brothers that dominated Palestine, Syria and Africa. Later, during the time of Samson and the Judges, Zion was known as Jebus, home of the black race called the Jebusites.

The Jebusites according to Genesis 10 were descendants of Ham, Father of the Black race.

It was from the Jebusites that David king of Israel later took the city. The Prophet Samuel writes:

“6 And the king and his men went to Jerusalem unto the Jebusites, the inhabitants of the land: which spake unto David, saying, Except thou take away the blind and the lame, thou shalt not come in hither: thinking, David cannot come in hither. 7 Nevertheless David took the stronghold of Zion: the same is the city of David.” (2 Samuel 2:6 & 7)

The Jebusites remained in the city after the conquest of David. They intermarried with the Children of Israel and were quite at home with the Kings of African descent that sat on the throne of David.

When the Children of Israel migrated to the continent of Africa, there were only 77 of them, many of whom were already Hamites. Two hundred and fifty years later, there were millions. No nation could grow from 77 to millions in two hundred years. Most of the people, who therefore left Egypt, must have been Africans themselves. These were the children of Israel. For a deeper study, see the book, “Black Man in the Old Testament”. Furthermore David is a descendant of Rahab the African and Ruth the Moabite.

This Black lineage began with Saul who was of the tribe of Benjamin, and continued with David himself.

The Bible informs us that the tribe of Benjamin at one time was allowed to marry only Black women because of their sin of rape executed against a traveling Levite and his concubine. If this is true, then in just a few generations, even if the Benjamites were not originally Africans, which they probably were, they would soon be considered Africans.

the taking of Black Canaanite wives was very popular among “The Chosen People of God.”

“Ezra 9:2 For they have taken of their daughters for themselves, and for their sons: so that the holy seed have mingled themselves with the people of those lands.”

“Judges 3:5 And the children of Israel dwelt among the Canaanites, Hittites, and Amorites, and Perizzites, and Hivites, and Jebusites: 6 And they took their daughters to be their wives, and gave their daughters to their sons, and served their God’s.”

Zion was the resting place for the Ark of Covenant, and its name was immortalized when the name was applied to the city of the Redeemed.

God was jealous for this predominantly Black city. He desired that Children dance in the streets and that people of all races be represented there. He loved Zion more than all other cities, not because God was partial, but because God had ordained that from Zion, all men would come to know Him.

Zion was to send missionaries to the world at large, pointing men to the true way of Yahweh, God of the universe. Zion was to be the capital of the world, it was ordained to be the city of all men and all races.

The prophets wrote the following concerning Zion.

“Psalms 76: In Salem also is his tabernacle, and his dwelling place in Zion.”

“Psalms 48:2 Beautiful for situation, the joy of the whole earth, is mount Zion.”.

“Jeremiah 3:17 At that time they shall call Jerusalem the throne of the LORD; and all the nations shall be gathered unto it, to the name of the LORD, to Jerusalem: neither shall they walk any more after the imagination of their evil heart.”(KJV)

“2 King 19:34 For I will defend this city, to save it, for mine own sake,”

Thus we see from the above quotations, that Zion is special to God, not because David had established it, but Zion is God’s city. It was God’s city during the time of Abraham when Melchizedek, the great Black Priest King ruled there.

Let I know how the Idem feel about this info and if any know where to find more info and reasonings upon such. remember Curiosity didn't kill the cat, it gave him wisdom and "nine" lives. that why the LION is KING of KINGS in this jungle Seen? HIM wise always and HIM live forever.

Iver Living Iver Faithful Iver Sure
Bless Up
Sellassie I

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I