Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1909&start_row=1

The bible speaks of the return christ. His majesty

1 - 1011 - 14
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras power Sent: 6/2/2007 5:05:46 PM

And he i go and prepare a place for you, i will come again, and receive you unto my self; that where i am, there you may be also. Joh14v2. Compare heb1v5-14. But when the comforter is come, whom i will send unto you from my father, even the spirit of truth, which proceed from the father, he shall testify of me: joh15v26. And when he is come.....joh16v7-15. When the son of man come in his glory and all the holy angles with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory matt25v31. Read isaiah 9v6-7, 11v1-5. Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn an oath to him'david', that of the fruit of his lions, according to the flesh,he would raise up christ to sit on his throne acts2v30. Read also 2sam7v10-16,heb2v5-18.. And a voice came out of the throne, saying, praise our God, all ye servants and ye that dear him, antisockl and great. Rev19v5. Although he is be worship, his message is worship God. Compare joh 7v18 isaiah45v22-25. In the united nations after the victory over italy ,HIM said: those who attacked up rejoice in our defeat and our tribulation. We trusted in the lord . He gave us victory. Our salvation is the lord. Who here can fail to trust in God, who fails not those who put their faith in him. Has not the lord, the mighter than the mighty, once again revealed that under the kingdom of heaven no one government of man is greater than another. Com isaiah40v10,11,28-31 psalm2, 21, 68,87 daniel2v44 acts 17v29-31. 1cor15v20-28 eph4v12-14 2tim2v8 . He that abide in the doctrine of christ, he have both the father and the son 2joh9. Etc,etc now if you don't know the bible and his majesty auto biogrophy now is the time to know. Jah guide

Messenger: rock Sent: 6/17/2007 5:52:55 PM

ras power i think you are most confused rasta i have ever come across, with that being said please let explain, your statements about christ and sellassie as one i disagree and using the new testament to prove it i also disagree who edited the new testament king james did that book was used in slavery and to sustain the sick form of european christainty and please ras power call him by his name jesus and not christ jesus was of african decent it so happen all his students had european names except for judas the informer think about so ras power rasta is the future. deal with the history and not the white story.

Messenger: rock Sent: 6/17/2007 5:57:35 PM

ras power i think you are most confused rasta i have ever come across, with that being said please let explain, your statements about christ and sellassie as one i disagree and using the new testament to prove it i also disagree who edited the new testament king james did that book was used in slavery and to sustain the sick form of european christainty and please ras power call him by his name jesus and not christ jesus was of african decent it so happen all his students had european names except for judas the informer think about so ras power rasta is the future. deal with the history and not the white story.

Messenger: Ten Sent: 6/17/2007 6:14:28 PM

Blessings just a small point, Rock, I the Bible is a translation from Ge'ez so those names too are tranlsations into English - Paul, Peter, John etc. Descedents from the tribes of Jacob these disciples had the same woolly natty locks as Moses, Melchezidek - the Most High Priest who is said to have the closest status to God as Jesus although not enough is said of him in the Bible. Natty dread Jesus was a Nazarite as I n I, and he has links to the Solomonic line as JAH Rastafari, King Sellasie and given what the Emperor says of Jesus then Jesus has some importance in Rastafari don't u think? Maybe I n I need to stop associating Jesus with the oppressive history and mental conditioning of Christianity and see Jesu as a natty, dark skinned Nazarite whose teachings, I n I Father encouraged us to consider and exemplify.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/17/2007 6:42:28 PM

"Melchezidek - the Most High Priest who is said to have the closest status to God as Jesus although not enough is said of him in the Bible."

I wont say i know too much of this, but i have always wondered when ones speak of Melchezidek, ones look at him like he is some mysterious figure from the mists of time. But i have always looked at him as Christ Himslef.
As i see it, Christ Selassie I is the only True Priest after the Order of Melchezidek. InI will recall that in I Incient days, priests of the Most High were chosen only from the House of Levi. But ini also recall that Christ came through the House of Judah, and as no one from Judah could be a priest, He is given the special Authority and Priesthood after the Order of Melchezidek.

If i am in error in I thinking, I would love to hear the I them views.

Blessed Love

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 6/18/2007 6:16:45 AM

Ises Ila

Wow, wow, wow, strange things are going on.

First of all Christ is a European word, but Jesus not? It always amuzes me how some ones refuse to get exegetic biblical study knowledge.
Of course Christ is a greek word like Jee-zus is a greek word too.
So if you want both in its original, then you should say Yeshuah ha Masheach.

And then there was this brethren who said the bible was a translation from Geez. Did I understand that correctly? Holy I, it just amazes me, this scientific ignorance.
Even when you read His Majesty's words you will see that the OT was translated from hebrew into Geez and then the NT from Greek into Geez. Not the other way around.

And by the way, if you have a problem with the KJV, then just stop fussing about it again and again, and read another version.
You don't like the english versions, then read the hebrew and greek originals. Or you like to read it in Amharic, then go on and do so.
What's wrong? You have time to complain about KJV again and again, but no time to study the originals? Yene Amharinyah betam tinish naw, but still it's blessed Iyah

So start studying biblical science and stop spreading ignorant rumours, my beloved brethren.

"i have always wondered when ones speak of Melchezidek, ones look at him like he is some mysterious figure from the mists of time. But i have always looked at him as Christ Himslef."
But there is no contradiction, is it?
We have to see Christ also as a spiritual and mystical being. Nyahbinghi is Melchezidek Order, because Melchezidek was the original African culture which then was trodded on by Abraham.

Selah

Messenger: Ten Sent: 6/18/2007 7:16:34 AM

I said the Bible was translated from Ge'ez - I never claimed it was the original language it was written in. The translations were done by the Nine Saints from the Byzantine Empire, Syria and the Ge'ez version of the Books of the Bible is what has come down to us today. The books Enoch, asension of Isaiah, the Shepherd of Hermas and the Apocalyps of Esdras are still in their full Ge'ez version. Other texts were recopied and translated between the 7th and 11th centuries under the instruction of Christian monastics. What I wanted to show was the importance of Ethiopia in the foundations of Chrisitanity as religion in order to dismantle this misconception of Christianity coming to Africans through missionaries and enslavelment - a reason why some Rassies reject Christianity and some have issues with the Bible. Bless.

Messenger: Ten Sent: 6/18/2007 8:30:41 AM

Melchezidek blessed Abraham in the name of El Elyon, the Hebrew term for God Most High after his victory over the four kings. However I’ve read that God intended to have the priestly order through Melchezidek but because he blessed Abraham before blessing God (Gen 14: 19-20), God they say the priestly order is through Abraham and his descendents. And that’s priests are of the Levite order as the book of Leviticus says. So if the Levitical priestly order is what is followed in Nyahbinghi, what role does Jesus play if he was considered High Priest forever in the order of Melchezidek (Ps 110 v 4), but not a Levite? And Melchezidek himself he was not a Levite, but considered High Priest of Heaven? Priests are not only through tribe and lineage, but also by God’s appointment. Give thanks.

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 6/18/2007 11:19:53 AM

Blessed Love

"the Ge'ez version of the Books of the Bible is what has come down to us today."

So the I say all today versions of the bible were once translated from geez? Did I get that correctly? If this is what you said, you can't be serious, as we know it never went that way.

Todays biblical versions went the european way. The earliest source concerning the NT is greek, whereas geez too is only a translation.

One of the best non-greek versions would be luther's one as he was the first for a long time to directly translate from greek (not from latin). Luther's one was also inspiring the KJV. Of course in every translation you have differences.

The books which are only preserved in the ethiopian canon are also only translations into geez. We have parts of the original book of Enoch found at Qumran, but the full book only in geez.

When you say all european versions come from the geez versions, could you please explain historically how this was going on?

Selah

Messenger: Ten Sent: 6/18/2007 1:41:35 PM

I don't recall saying European versions come from the Ge'ez version, I think that's the I's misreading of my words. Yes the NT is in Greek and when translated was approved by the Syrian Monoyphysite monk, Patriarch Antioch who at the time sought refuge in Ethiopia. The New Testament that is used today however comes from the Greek edition, Textus Receptus. And yes I The King James Version is from the 16th century Luther version in German. However on that the versions of the Bible were translated from Ge'ez, that was my mistake and I humbly concede that. In my mind I was thinking of it in terms of what we have in terms of what connections we make of Ethiopia to the origins of the Bible, although I know none of the original writings of were in Ge'ez. I guess my position was rather obscure but give thanks to the I for questing I so things could be made clearer.

1 - 1011 - 14

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I