Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1891&start_row=1

Who is Rasta

1 - 9
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras power Sent: 5/27/2007 6:33:44 PM

This is an issue many are afraid to talk about, but if you can tell who is not a Rasta, you should be able to tell who is one. Now what is that some Rasta don't belive in selassie i; we must stop confuse locks with Rasta. The word Rasta comes from Ras ta-fari , to call yourself Rasta is to trust in that his majesty haile selassie i having gotten the victory has given onto ini, the ability through his experience which we get by reading his autobiogrophy and his word which we can largely get in the third testament can also gain victory in what ever our high ideals may trod. Further there did not exist before his majesty this african spirit as he himself said: but so long as we remain within the african spirit we created it is our child, to bring it to it's full we must define with precision the goals that will bring us : what ever i don't have the speech but the point is he acknowledge the fact he CREATED the spirit. A christian is one who follow christ, a muslim follow muhammad, and so on Rasta follow his majesty for he is truth and rightious all together isaiah43, and 32v17-18

Messenger: Ten Sent: 5/27/2007 6:47:59 PM

Aya can you please elaborate on what you mean by "before His Majesty there did not exist an African Spirit"? I think the speech refers to the efforts by Africans towards unity and liberation and in my opinion you can't say Sellasie I created that spirit. It was always there, its like nationalism or pan-Africanism or Negritude or in more recent times the African Renaissance...As for who is or is not Rasta, Rasta is all-embracing of all people, Rasta teaches love and peace not exclusion or differentiation between religious sects. Yes I n I is called after the Father and the Father has many names: Allah, Krishna, Buddah, Jesus, Elohin et cetera. But its the same mantra of love and goodness to all. However our flaw as humans is the tendency to discriminate and always want to be on top so there's always politicking - between faiths and within faiths, even in Rasta too. That's when the desire for power becomes the driving force, more than the principles a belief was founded upon. Selah

Messenger: praising him Sent: 6/10/2007 12:21:19 AM

I praise the most high night and day 24 7 . My love is my rasta husband.I am 27 he is 29. Rasta is love when you learn to teach rastafari and live rastafari you will then understand who rasta is. Much love to the most high. Jah Rastafari is I and I praise him all day long and you will understand .

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 6/11/2007 4:31:27 PM

Allah, Khrishna, Buddha.....OK fine, but Selassie I IS Rastafari. No Other. That's all.

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 6/12/2007 10:18:40 AM

Blessed Love One & All!

There is one thing that I feel InI need to blaze out of RasTafarI rhetoric. And that is this "JAH is love", "one love" theory because it is being taken out of hand.

JAH Ras Tafari is a great & terrible God. Within JAH there is love and light, and judgement... because being around the King of Ithiopia means being safe and secured from mystery Babylon, from wickedness and from dis-ease and illusion. How do the I's believe he is rid of those things if InI have to love everybody and overstand everybody and accept everybody. InI are not to sit in the counsel of the wicked. To be able to decipher our situations, InI must hold a righteous judgement for all, and judge InIselves with the same measuring stick.

InI say come to the fiyah and make it blaze yaa, and purge yaa!

All this all encompassing love & wide eyed universal acceptance is more illusion and folly. This is an isolated trod, in that the meditations of InI heart and the works of I hands alone is what InI will be judged upon. The Irator does not deal with destruction, true... destruction does not come from HIM hand... it is the works of destroyers and those that love folly and wickedness that will lead to their own self destruction because ultimately there is no salvation in destruction, within it's own nature it must destroy itself. Selah.

And yes, JAH loving is superior... but InI just don't receive HIM favour for nothing.

"But I shall feed HIM with my own hands so that he takes one bite at a time and one swallow at a time else ye be choked." (Holy Piby)

Love & fear JAH, only his love and favour means InI can inhale and are assured of substance of breath to live.

Don't spoil the Iself in his love alone... this is the complacency upon which the anti-Christ builds his false empire.

Fear JAH and humble the Iself in awe at his creation.

"Stand in awe, and sin not: commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still. Selah." (Psalms 4:4)

Holy Emmanuel I! Selassie I... JAH Ras Tafari!

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/12/2007 11:32:15 AM

Haile I Selassie I JAH Rastafari

Give thanks iyah

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 6/12/2007 1:31:39 PM

Greetings Yaa,
could the I further elaborate what "holding a righteous judgement for all" means?
Give Thanks

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 6/12/2007 3:02:52 PM

Humbly,

I see Righteousness as a thing that stands alone. It is not an opinion, nor something that is compromisable.

In every situation, the truth of the given matter, or the right thing to do is always evident... whether InI choose to do it is a different thing. Somebody said, there are many opinions, in fact truth is simply one of them. And that is a serious thing... the truth will always be amongst many opinions, but when the rest are set away, the truth always stands alone.

So... we are all measured according to that singular truth that is unswayable by any of InI. So the righteousness by which InI are judged has nothing to do with our opinions.

How I meant it within the context was that, although I Ras Tafari (or Bobo Shanti) are to practice compassion, we are always to remain standing for righteousness. And in the end all of us know that our source of righteousness comes from within, the constant source of tuition from JAH, called "intuition". So, it is all our individual judgement stick if we ignore the itinual personal messages on righteousness.

So although JAH is love and one Iniversal love is most naturally one of the unfaltering truths, there is more to it in this Iwah of judgements. And we are never to forsake standing for Rights for being compassionate to the unrighteous.

It is the simple adage that InI must stand for something or we fall for anything. Ras Tafari knows we need to keep it tight in these times and stick by righteousness like a child to a Mother's skirt hem.

I'm honestly not big on the book of Genesis, sorry to say... for those it may offend... but parables are good for explaining things. You see when Lot was running from burning Sodom & Gomorrah, he was told not to look back. His wife did, and she turned into a pillar of salt.

The point is when InI see judgement trickling, it is time to hold fast to the irits of JAH Ras Tafari, and stop looking back... even though compassion is important... it is not moreso than creating a field of oneness and righteousness within the covenant with the Irator.

That's what I meant. I hope I have elaborated on all. It's not really a brimstone & fiyah vibe I'm on... but this is REALity of InI trod in this day & age.

Messenger: Ten Sent: 6/12/2007 3:06:14 PM

Greetings in JAH Name
I've always felt that Rata was an all-embracing one-love movement, one that taught I n I love for Creation, love for all people and not to seperate people. Through Rasta I come to know Sellasie I as the Most High and in that I have seen the anciency of Rasta, the way in which it is inter-connected to so many other forms of spirituality and has ignited in me the desire to know more about spirituality and how I as Rasta can know more of I Creator through the practices of other faiths. Its so flexbile and allows I to appreciate the discipline of Islam, the humility of Buddhists, the peace of Yogas, the deep knowledge of Elohin followers and the ritual and herbal knowledge of traditional African spirituality - I might not practice these things but they certainly build me in my Rasta-ness. Through these practices I have gained so much knowledge that I relate to Rasta and they have much to offer in deepening I gaze of the world, so when I speak of ONE LOVE its in recognising what other forms of spirituality can give, how I can be a person of the word and the world as Sellasie I envisions. I recognize other ancient faiths as hailing His Majesty too because the Most High has that anciency rooted in Creation and beginnings of all life, JAH is so great that HE is all faiths. That's how I speak of one love and one JAH, not to the exclusion of other beliefs for they too have taught I how to live in this world. It doesn't take away from the belief Sellasie I is I KING and Creator but adds to it. JAH BLESS.

1 - 9

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I