Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1882&start_row=1

What u should eat and what u shall not eat.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 28
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Selahssie i son Sent: 5/22/2007 4:05:36 PM

Thou shall not eat all manners of meat nor eat the things which creep and walk upon the earth nor the things which fly over the earth these are abomination unto u.those things which chew the cud and divided the hoof are abomination unto us.those thing which dont have scale and fins are an abomination u.read leviticus 11.moses always state it,but i eat strickly from the earth,i came from the earth so i eat the good things the earth produce.earthy diet

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 5/23/2007 4:31:36 PM

Lev.11

[1] And the LORD spake unto Moses and to Aaron, saying unto them,
[2] Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, These are the beasts which ye shall eat among all the beasts that are on the earth.
[3] Whatsoever parteth the hoof, and is clovenfooted, and cheweth the cud, among the beasts, that shall ye eat.

[9] These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat.

I shall follow Moses like the Isrealites. I don't sight eating meat as an abomination. Let each be unto his own trod.

Selah

Messenger: Ten Sent: 5/23/2007 4:41:58 PM

Gen 1 v 29 And God said Behold I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth and every tree, in which is the fruit of the tree yielding seed; to you it shall be food.
JAH has provided I n I with plenty from the earth from the beginning, I won't eat that which of flesh, its not irie with I spirit and iditations in praising the Most High. This is I way but can't chant another for doing it because JAH teaches us not to judge, otherwise faya gon burn you too so to each their own.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 5/24/2007 11:27:33 PM

I don't see anything wrong with people eating flesh, I only see it wrong that people are overeating it in these days because it is just a package on the shelf to them. They don't have the proper respect for the animal that gave up that flesh, and since they have separated their mind from what it is and instead view it as a package on a shelf, they are reaping too much blood.

But for Iself, I trod is that of the Nazarite, so flesh has no part in I trod, only fruit and vegetables for I.

The only thing I say to people that eat flesh is that they should at least once in their life; kill, skin cut and cook an animal before they eat it so they can face the reality of what they are doing and have proper respect to what they are eating when they are eating. So it is more than just a package on the shelf and they learn to eat in moderation.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Selahssie i son Sent: 5/25/2007 1:01:17 PM

Well u all need to read the words of king david psalms 78.solomon proverbs 15 v17,better is a dinner of herbs than fatted calf with hatred.u desire all manners of meat so the lord rain feather fowls for u to eat,but he shall slew the fatness while in your mouth.this is written.i will not judge those who eat and those who dont not eat all these manners of meat but Jah will.the lord your Jah is holy,u came from the earth so eat of the things which came from the earth.

Messenger: Selahssie i son Sent: 5/25/2007 1:16:29 PM

And another main thing rasta do not eat blood,meat, flesh,skin,bone, fat,wing,foot, hand,mouth,tail,back,leg,stake,neck,etc.fire burn dem things cast them into the fire just like how mose did when aron and his sons anxiously kill the animals thats why moses sprinkle the blood u shed.used the animals them properly,they produce lots of things so they is no need to kill them up like dat.

Messenger: Ten Sent: 5/25/2007 1:26:11 PM

I agree with the I's reasoning about the way in which people consume flesh; its an industry of consumers and capitalist exploiters. It starts from the land, huge tracts of fertile land are cleared for grazing and rearing animals, and when the demand is high, to meet that farmers inject animals with all kinds of hormones so they cash in on the market. Animals are raised purely for economic gain, even those that are free range or organic, still the same profit-making desire disguised as a humanitarian effort to cleanse the conscience of the organic/free range farmer who is still producing at a higher price for those that can afford. So for the rich eating organic is fashionable and affordable while the poor eat the mass-produced stuff that's injected with hormones so it makes people bigger and problems of obesity arise. Takeout food is laced with all kinds of things so people keep eating more and their taste buds develop a craving for it, shutting down on the taste of what fruit or a vegetable might taste like...In ancient of days hunting was a ritual, ancestors prayed before killing an animal and it was given as offering to the Most High before consumption as the Ible says. There were also times of eating meat - according to a calender of feasts and there were also fasts from meat as the book of Daniel tells us. Nowadays people eat without iditation, without knowing where the animal came from or without thought that this flesh is not naturally raised. There's alot of economic politics involved as meat is a billion dollar industry especially in Western countries where meat culture is characterised by KFC, Burger King, McDonalds etc, whose advertising blinds people's sight. Eating is not only a physical action but a process that involves thought, what am I putting into my temple? Have I given thanks? What am I giving thanks for? More people need to think deeply about what they eat and why, that's the only way to save our earth. Imagine all the animals, the rainforest, the savanna bush, the herbs, species of plants that could be saved. This world is not only for today, but tomorrow's generations too.

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 5/25/2007 2:42:36 PM

Very thoughtful Iditaions Idren. It is sad to see these corporations poison food for profit. Nutritional education should be a proirity, for a healty body is also a healthy mind.
Ark I,
It is interesting that the I mentions that he does not eat meat because of the Nazarite vow. I too have taken the vow and still eat meat in moderation. Even in Numbers 6 part of the vow is to offer cooked meat as an offering to the LORD.

[13] And this is the law of the Nazarite, when the days of his separation are fulfilled: he shall be brought unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation:
[14] And he shall offer his offering unto the LORD, one he lamb of the first year without blemish for a burnt offering, and one ewe lamb of the first year without blemish for a sin offering, and one ram without blemish for peace offerings,
[15] And a basket of unleavened bread, cakes of fine flour mingled with oil, and wafers of unleavened bread anointed with oil, and their meat offering, and their drink offerings.

What are the I's thoughts on this?

Bless

Messenger: Selahssie i son Sent: 5/25/2007 4:48:44 PM

Now these meat offerings were for the ones who eat meat,and not for the ones who dont eat meat.And it is written that Moses wrote these things because of the hardness of your hearts.Remember in the book of Numbers,Leviticus,Deuteronomy.etc.spoke about these offerings but teach you a lesson in the end of these books that you should not eat the things which creep,walk and fly over the earth.Jah say its an abomination to eat all manners of meat,and here i find de i them trying to bring all kind of knowlegde agaisnt jah and his annionted sayings.Fire burn Iah.U think the meat is for the belly and the belly for the meat but jah shall destroy both it and them.1Corinthians 8v13,"Therefore if meat make my brother to offend,i will eat no flesh while the world stand still,lest i make my brother to offend".Howbeit there is not in every man that knowledge,for some with conscience of the idols unto this hour eat these manners of meat.

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 5/25/2007 5:35:09 PM

Cor.8
[8] But meat commendeth us not to God: for neither, if we eat, are we the better; neither, if we eat not, are we the worse.

I still think we have different interpretations brother. I don't think righteousness has anything to do with eating or not eating meat.

Furthermore, there are many cultures and communities in the world that do not have the choice for a vegitarian diet. Some places the land is not sustainable enough for the proper nutrient-rich plants to grow, so the people must eat livestock to live healthy. Most poor communities are in the same situation.

Ethiopia is one of these places, and as I recall Selassie I HIMself ate meat.

reason forward

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 28

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I