Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1851&start_row=31

Reasoning with bredren and sistas about RASTA

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 137
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Dominic Sent: 5/21/2007 5:57:55 PM

Greetings Bredren,

Read the beginning of the topic. I mean some of us beliefe in the bible and Yesus and some only believe in selassieI. Some RASTA dont believe in either and turn to nature. I can dig all of it you know? Read the beginning of the topic to overstand.

Messenger: HIMrulesWEall Sent: 5/21/2007 7:41:33 PM

the i dont overstand. RasTa is RasTa. among InI as Jah Idren there no differences, the I a see soon come, all in time bredren.

taking different paths and ending the same, there is no difference. now do u see what i didnt overstand when you said theres difference among RastafarI. cause truely there aint, The I either keep One's head outa the material world or the I a stay involved init. Like I said, takin different paths(i.e. belief in Bible or Selassie or Nature or all)and endin wita same thing, there no difference. Iditate on that.

RasTafarI is RasTafarI, the I either is or the I aint.

JAH RASTAFARI HAILE I SELASSIE I

Messenger: HIMrulesWEall Sent: 5/21/2007 7:49:50 PM

nuff said.
Jah guide all the while.
RasTafarI Haile I Selassie I

Messenger: Ten Sent: 5/23/2007 4:28:12 PM

Praises I n I
Its mystic you met dreads from Zimbabwe cos I too am from there, that's my home BLESS!!!!! Its true Rastas in Zimbabwe practice differently from the way I rose in Rastafarai - I rose in Cape Town SA - a most irie place to rise and one of the biggest Ras movements. When I went home to Zim, after rising into JAH light I met dreads there and some of them said they were Ras but connected more to Bob Marley than HIS Majesty, others were fashion rastas whilst others lived in the mountains - like these brothers you talk about - sadly I never most those from Eagle Hill but we shall in JAH time...But there's a Bobo and Binghi movement too..The Bobo dreads I know hold the Sabath, Isis is in the hills, they believe in living on the land, doing for I self through the work of I hands and they hail HIS Majesty whereas Binghi dreads I met are what you'd call orthodox Rastas though some of those dreads do things that Rastas shouldn't like permitting people to eat chicken n such...This was my experience of one part of Zim, in Bulawayo but Rastas everywhere are different you know. Rastas in London are so different from my brothers n sisters in the Cape but we all feel a heartical vibe and ultimately it is truly about positive living, praising JAH and spreading the love...Some Rasta pappas and mamas might never have read a text of Sellasie I or the might not read the Ible daily but they have a world of wisdom, they have the most humble but most fierce lion spirits I ever seen. JAH is about heart n soul. Bless.

Messenger: Dominic Sent: 5/24/2007 2:23:03 AM

Greetings in the name of the most high JAH

Do you think you can be a RASTA, but not give any attention to the bible, yesus, Selassie I, or anything? When do you think you can call yourself a RASTA? I already got a answer to my question I just wanna see what you cats got on your minds.

Messenger: Ten Sent: 5/24/2007 2:56:54 AM

Aya
When I said not reading the Ible and such I meant these people were unable to read but they still praise Rasta...But yes I think you do need some spiritual philosophy to guide I n I so we have an overstanding of faith....Others praise their ancestors as medium to prasing the Creator just as ancients did in the past and that's an irie vibe too because its giving praise to an all loving, all embracing collective God who can be seen in many many ways, I call HIM Sellasie I, another say Mother Earth Father Creator, or the Spirits that have gone before, its all the same consciousness. Seen. And moreso all peaceful and loving people rasta embraces, those with oversight we call 'em rasta too, so its about the nature of the spirit, expressing that higher love and inner wisdom though physically ones and ones might not chant Sellasie I name...I think that's the openness and flexibility of Rastafari, its irie and does not seek to exclude but to open up to all who feel its heartical vibe...Even with the Rassies who have more a connection to the Creation that's Rasta right there - without HIM speeches, Ibles or anything, I feel that connection too because JAH made the world, HIM made this place before HE walked in flesh so its still irie in my view to have that connection to the Most High through the natural creation, its where I n I was before the brutalities of slavery, colonialism. I Story goes way back, back to the Beginning to seek that higher ancient overing... Rasta is not doctrine, guidelines to follow yes but I feel its should more of openness to praising Rasta than to say when I follows this order therefore I is Ras, if does not follow to the letter I is not....that's religious politicking and I n I nah come into Rasta light for that, that's Babylon's battles...

Messenger: Dominic Sent: 5/26/2007 2:54:32 PM

Thank you for your knowledge! RASTA is about showing your bredren love. I will not say to my bredren" U not RASTA!" only because him a Bobo Shanti. I see my bredren from a different mansion in JAH house still of the same family. Thanks for coming forward with your voice Ten! where you from? WE need to focus on LOVE and not other things, thats babylon battles!

JAH bless
DOMINIC

Messenger: Horus Sent: 5/26/2007 5:53:45 PM

Holy Mount Zion
The Root Of All Creation
InI Rasta from Creation
Give Thanks and PRAISE
BLESSINGS!

Messenger: Dominic Sent: 5/31/2007 12:28:28 PM

Some of my bredren are talkin bout fire burn pon other religion. I think this a message RASTA dont spread, thats a baldhead idea. I see all of my bredren family through JAH. I see some of us ALMOST arguing. I have been following the comments from TEN. She get the right, because she know the truth. Then there some people talkin pure dirt. I dont agree with my bredren talkin bad about others. I feal we need to help the other religions overstand instead of wishing fire pon dem.

JAH BLESS
Dom INI C

Messenger: ONE Sent: 6/12/2007 1:04:22 AM

JAH is like a person in a house... and religion(or how ever you get to JAH) are the windows...people just look thru diffrent windows(hence diffrent points of view)...There is no "right" or "wrong" window aslong as where looking to JAH...zeeen?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 137

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I