Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1851&start_row=11

Reasoning with bredren and sistas about RASTA

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 137
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Osiris Sent: 5/4/2007 2:56:45 PM

Bless

it is not mine to determine who is and who is not Rasta. Only to see things according to my own perspective.

When the I says RASTA, is the I refering to Ras Tafari? If so, it would only be inherent to identify one's self with Haile Selassie. If the I's interpretation of RASTA is something different than that then I overstand.

Whiteman did take the land using a perverted interpretation of the bible, but the I has to understand that one of the many things that were stolen from the Blackman was the bible itself. Many of the prophets that wrote down the word were African.

Messenger: still looking Sent: 5/4/2007 9:30:23 PM

raspect dominic,

read InI thread "why all this christ talk" and the I will see I have raised similar questions.

I to have met Ras that completely reject the bible and InI know they are strong Rasta.

what InI what to know is who is the one that think they have authority to judge another man?

"every man was a baby one time"

I am that I am.
If I say rasta
you say I'm not
I'll still be the man
that I am, after
you say what I am.

jah guides

Messenger: dominic Sent: 5/5/2007 5:20:56 PM

Blessings in the name of the most high JAH-JAH

Thanks for the picture!when I see RASTA I see RASTA from creation. I see RASTA like Africa was living in the past. When I see RASTA I see love, caring, overstanding. Its not sooooo much about who you give respects to. RASTA respect JAH, and thats that! If I respect yesus and my bredren dont and he likes Selassie I and another bredren dont like both but respects Nature, Then its all cool to me. As long as all show respect to eachothers believes thats RASTA. Cause a real RASTA can have Christian, Catholic and BUdhist friends. Anyway Im sayin that sometimes some bredren get caught up thinkin RASTA started with Selassie I. RASTA STARTED FROM CREATION, JUST LIKE YOU CANT BECOME A RASTA WITH YOUR CLOTHES AND HAIR, ITS IN YOUR HEAD AND HEART! The babylonia Internet and stuff tells us RASTA is from 1930! WHAT??? YESUS was a RASTAMAN who had love for all people and children and Animals just like we true RASTAMAN do. Bobo Shanti and 12 Tribes completely differnt and still RASTAMAN cause we deal with 2 things.

LOVE-JAH

Bless!

If anyone wanna travel out to lawrence hit me up.

Messenger: Rasta J Sent: 5/8/2007 12:55:02 AM

Greetings fellow bredren and sistren in the name of the Most High God Jah. Love and respect.

I offer my perspective of Rastafari;

To I Rastafari or Rasta is a belief that all humans were created from the same maker for the purpose of living together in love and peace and happiness. Somewhere along the way Babylon took hold and envloped us with her poisonous, malignant tentacles, infecting humanity with hate and war and sadness.

We can debate all we want about who Jah is, what name should he be called, what he looks like or we can even debate whether or not Jah is a he. But whatever you call the Creator, I would argue that Jah is the spirit of love and everything that flows from that, just as Babylon is the spirit of hate and everything flowing from that. We see examples of both forces all around us and no matter how evolved we think our spirituality is, all of us give in to the temptations of Babylon on some level. The way to resist the wicked forces of Babylon is to develop your loving or Godly spirit so that you may carry love forward to all living things around you. No one can do this perfectly except for Jah. Jah is perfect love in every way.

The path to Zion doesn't need to involve changing continents or your hairstyle because Babylon will always be lurking, stalking us at every turn no matter where we live or what we look like. Therefore protection must be built from within which is the process of developing a strong mind and a strong heart full of love. This is where Zion resides.

"My home is in my head."

“Me only have one ambition, y'know. I only have one thing I really like to see happen. I like to see mankind live together - black, white, Chinese, everyone - that's all.”

"We should really love each other in peace and harmony, instead we're fussin' n fighting like we ain't supposed to be."

Bob Marley

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 5/8/2007 3:56:23 PM

I can admit that I have hit a strayed path a couple of times, ruff times can bring on a weight of depression and thats all I say. But when spoken to about RastafarI never will I expose this with a suggestion that everyone should. Each of us walk and must learn to feel comfortable with in our own skin, we will all experience things that leave scarring memories. RastafarI as I was told is righteous, and if you do a unrighteous thing, it is by the judgement of God what will happen, as for the people who know Truth, we must never stray from that no matter what happens in our personal lives.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: still looking Sent: 5/8/2007 9:07:34 PM

Greetings Rasta J,

Much raspect on InI post. seen --- can debate all day on he /she or name. when I call up the name Jah --InI am always thinking of the energy of creation. the energy that has been since the beginning of time and will be here in one shape or form long after I am gone. The energy that is in all of us ------THAT IS ALL OF US. the energy that makes us all one. never can InI be separated from the energy of creation.

Rasta lets I see "god" in the eyes of all that pass me by.

Jah Guides

Messenger: Rasta J Sent: 5/8/2007 11:15:37 PM

Much Raspect to Ras ElIjah and still looking for insightful posts and sharing the word of our Lord, as we all do here on this board.

While we may disagree on the finer points of Rastafari philosophy, it is clear to I that we all agree on the central tenents of the faith which implore us to be loving, righteous, upliftful and positive toward I, our fellow humans and the Earth.

You people give I hope in a world growing increasingly hopeless. A hope that the spirit of love, righteousness, upliftedness and postivity may one day reign down on all of humanity, forever wiping away the tears of hate, injustice, downpression and negativity. A time when we all go dread. And, if this time does not come to pass in I lifetime, I will pass knowing that at least there were people like I who believed it could happen and tried to make it so.

Love, Peace and Jah Bless to you all.

Messenger: dominic Sent: 5/9/2007 11:17:53 AM

Greetings in the name of the most high JAH-JAH

Thank you bredren for sharing your fealings. That was the answer I was truly looking for. I realize that theres different RASTA, but we all have somethin in common. We all have our points of view on the bible, SElassie I, Yesus, JAH or other things. But RASTA aint religion its life. WE realize this and can come together to say RASTA aint about what you think historically happened its about what we doin now. Lovin,Caring,Sharing,Talkin,Respect for life and JAH all them things make you RASTA not the dreads on ya head or the herb one smokes.I posted this message to make RASTA realize we are all bredren, regardless of what we think about certain things. The big thing we all know is love etc. So when someone askes me about RASTA I tell them about caring and loving first, THEN about the history of JAH and man. and when It come to division in RASTA it aint really a division its a unique perspective for our bredren to look at things. Bobo and the 12 tribes of israel completly different, yet we still both RASTA bredren. The overall message is clear, RASTA is LOVE and LOVE is JAH. I had a talk reasoned yesterday with the JEhova witness, they aight people but different than us. They asked me questions tryin to convert me, and they tried to get me to cross sentence and fumble my words. They keep askin what Religion dont go to war and dont vote and what religion take JAH for god and all kinds of stuff and I keep quiet because the want me to say THE WITNESSES! but when they said that they was the TRUE people of JAH and that only with them would I find love amongst myself, I knew somethin was screw. RASTA is love and has Respect for all the people and things. They tried to say that in Noah time RASTA would be outside of the Ark. WHAAAA? hahaha. Dont let noone tell you things like this. Dont let modern people tell ya RASTA is a small RELIGION. Bredren we aint no Religion, cause religions are the reason for alot of trouble in the world RASTAFARI is life and life is JAH, JAH is love and thats what we show out of all the people. We dont go to war and all them things so when I was asked these questions and I heard these bold statements I knew they didnt overstand the people. They dont know or understand RASTA, just like the major religions wont. Because I know myself in the world I can go to my sisters Catholic Communion, and I can go to a church. I wont hate or disrespect other people faith as they do to others. RAS must alway keep a positive light shining in the darkness. So with all that said I guess what im really tryin to say is that I got much love for all you my bredren and I cant wait to see all of you some day! Keep spreading the word of JAH and stay strong. Anyone interested in traveling, to reason or play music or something hit me up. I will Keep in my house any bredren wanting to trod his or her path about the earth.

JAH BLESS!
Dominic :)

Messenger: still looking Sent: 5/10/2007 8:43:47 PM

AAAAHHHHH Dominic ----InI can see brother bob gently laughing and shaking his head at that JW story and saying "ah, they trying to enforce devilism"

if the I can't find love amongst a group of people that are different from I, InI will not be able to find it alone.

seen?

Messenger: dominic Sent: 5/11/2007 10:25:28 AM

Greetings in the name of the most high JAH-JAH

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 137

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I