Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1844&start_row=1

seeking answers

1 - 5
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: prophecy Sent: 4/28/2007 5:26:07 PM

Blessed Heart of Sabbath. I have a question about 12 tribe philosophy or those who do not see Selassie as Jah or even the Messiah. I see Selassie as part of the Holy Trinity, 1 in 3 and 3 in 1. But many ras, especially the 12 tribe don't even see Selassie as the return Messiah, but simply sitting on the throne waiting for the messiah to return. This is how it was told to I, if I am wrong please correct I. I am not posting this as a debate but simply for clarification.
See u can't just praise Jah and not the son. "No one could go to God except by the son." (paraphrase) St. John 14. So, how can u praise Jah(whoever u believe him to be), but not praise the son? If you believe selassie is just waiting on the throne for the messiah, then to I that doesn't make sense. Because u don't see him as Jah and u dont' see him as the messiah, then how do u see Rastafari?
N e wayz, can ones and ones explain this to I and don't come with argument or debate. I just want an answer without judgement. I am seeking a real understanding. Give thanx!

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/29/2007 12:12:09 AM

I will give the same response I gave before.

--------------------------------
Yes, that is the philosophy of the twelve tribes of Israel. They see Selassie I as a great man, but not as God.

There may be some people from twelve tribes of Israel that see RasTafarI as God, but it is not the official policy set out by Vernon Carrington (Gad).

Many people of the twelve tribes of Israel say

----------------------
greetings in the name of Jesus Christ who has revealed himself through the personality of His Imperial Majesty Emperor Haile Selassie
----------------------

Many people of the twelve tribes of Israel see Selassie I as the Man who led them to Jesus Christ

I see Selassie I as the Almighty.

Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I Iternal God.

one more question

----------------------------------

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: prophecy Sent: 4/29/2007 9:39:44 AM

Give thanx, I see I asked about that before, I should have sealed that and remembered. Give thanx for the I-sponse and the link reminding I of what I should have already learned. Heart of Love

Messenger: Selahssie i son Sent: 4/29/2007 10:06:40 PM

Let Us remember that Haile Selahssie is the conquering Lion of the tribe of judah.Jah is god,god is jah,Rastafari is the son of jah.I and I see Haile Selahssie as the Lion of Judah,the one who was to come after the days of Christ.And it is written about the king of kings,lord of lords Conquering lion of the tribe of Judah.

Messenger: Youthman Sent: 4/30/2007 8:22:46 AM

Greetings

Just to make it clear, I'm not a member of the TTI organization so I don't represent them but I hold to much of their teachings.

I agree that you can't approach the Father rightfully without going through the Son. However, I don't see His Majesty Selassie I as the returned Son of Yahweh. I praise the Son as Yahshua the Messiah, still to come physically. Therefore I don't see it as neccessary to go through Selassie I to reach the Father. Personally though, I have a reverence for Selassie I as a Christian example and an anointed Israelite king of Judah, not going into details of the works he brought to the world which you probably have much knowledge of but keeping it short.

1 - 5

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I