Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1810&start_row=1

Pagan Festivities

1 - 4
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: EmpNyah Sent: 4/3/2007 11:58:26 AM

Greetings
As this pagan ritual called easter is approching where the heathen glorify the oppression of I Lord, I would like to know how I bredrin and sistren cope. I ask this because I family is christian and they will be celebrating, I dawta's dad is a heathen who encourages this madness with embracing this thing called easter bunny, chocolate etc.
I personally will not be taking part dispite the views of I family, I choose to let everyone deal with life as they see fit, it justs burdens I heart to see ones I love get carried away with foolishness.

Rastafari Love
Haile Selassie Empress Menen
Jah Rastafari

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 4/3/2007 2:21:41 PM

The word pagan was invented by the Catholic Church to cast a shadow of evil and sin over the traditional faith of the indigenous peoples of the world. Just as Hollywood has distorted Vodun (Vodoo). It is important to remember that Easter is the holiday created to replace traditional spring festivals all over the world. Spring is a time of rebirth, a celebration of babies and mothers. It is a time to worship the goddess, a time when the Earth is pregnant. The Easter Bunny is a leftover from a Greek society that celebrated fertility. Although many traditional Greek festivities deal with homosexuality it is not neccessary to include that aspect in the underlying message of the celebration. Both eggs and rabbits are symbols of fertility, the Easter bunny is proof positive of the power of tradition.
All over the world people celebrate spring, many indigenous tribes also celebrate the new year in spring rather than in the middle of winter. We celebrate the New Year based on the passing of light, after the winter solstice the days begin to get longer rather than shorter. However, the natural new year occurs with the spring equinox when the Earth puts forth new growth and "wakes up" from winter hibernation and conservation.
It is important to understand that no matter what clothing a prophet wears there is still a message from God inside.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 4/3/2007 4:05:38 PM

Empress Nyah
Trust in Jah and in thy self

Rastafari

Messenger: inajahlove Sent: 4/3/2007 11:57:00 PM

Appreciate your words of wisdom Empress. I too was teaching today that this is our time of rebirth, to bring forth right relations, right livelihood, creativity and much more.

So enjoy your conscious posts.

In the light that shines

inajahlove

1 - 4

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I