Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1808&start_row=1

Roots Reggae Music

1 - 1011 - 12
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 4/3/2007 6:15:57 AM

birook

deep in meditation with the herb and roots reggae music is very necessary for i n i. Luciano, Sizzla, Lucky Dube, Barry Brown, Dennis Brown, Gregory Isaacs, Burning Spear, Culture, Bob Marley & Wailers is what i play for now. but i know there is many i have not discovered. i need the i to tell me some musicians i can check out, preferably between 60's-90's, i cant dig too much of the new things, overstanding that the new artists got thier inspiration from the old ones.

amen
menfes kidus iyesus kristos

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 4/3/2007 9:32:15 AM

lisn to Midnite, from St. Croix, Virgin Islands

I tell ya, Jah bless and annoint Vaughn Benjamin with message

RSK

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 4/3/2007 9:32:26 AM

lisn to Midnite, from St. Croix, Virgin Islands

I tell ya, Jah bless and annoint Vaughn Benjamin with message

RSK

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 4/3/2007 1:17:39 PM

"i cant dig too much of the new things, overstanding that the new artists got thier inspiration from the old ones."

remember say Jah call upon the youth for they are strong and they have a zeal inna dem

Rastafari Is

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 4/3/2007 2:30:41 PM

escuse my words, bless to all young artists, they are the ones to carry load in these times. its just to to get where i'm trying to go i need the inspiration of those closer to the time of The Lion Of Judah

Messenger: MacChrist Sent: 4/3/2007 2:35:59 PM

True, Young Lion why should you limit yourself to classic raggae music. Explore the latest and select your favourate, because through them the music lives on. I'm eclectic, i select the songs i prefere most from every genre. Peace where you at Jah Bless

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 4/3/2007 3:50:09 PM

my idren

Has the Lion of Judah gone anywhere?

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 4/3/2007 3:58:04 PM

brethren Lion
dont think i am picking on you. I might be serious but im also having fun with the I
Love everytime

Big up Richie Spice..that youth there is carrying the torch. Just today i stumbled on a song from ´04 , when almost no one knew who Richie was.
Check it if you get a chance. Tune called " in dem face" on the
"Reggae Paradise" riddim.

Rastafari Is

Messenger: reggae lady Sent: 4/3/2007 7:02:48 PM

Re roots reggae music .Peter Tosh would inspire you and also Johnny Clarkes cd.authorised rockers. Jah love. Reggae Lady

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 4/4/2007 3:24:02 AM

all good vibes,
overstand me in the impact the old artists felt in the times when Haile Selassie landed in jamaica, when it was pouring rain and white doves and sun coming out before he landed.i've been listening to all the new artists, and i compare it to the old ones, way different feel. the old ones are very deep and simple. to know where we going we have to know where it started. richie Spice, earth run Red'' nice song, he will be performing in my city in couple weeks

1 - 1011 - 12

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I