Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1768&start_row=31

Strange

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 52
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 3/1/2007 9:42:35 AM

Ark I, you make me smile bredren.
If you will take a look over my postings you may notice something. I have never said that Christ did not exist, I have said that if Jesus the Christ existed. You see they are not really one and the same. As for the Christ Spirit, that does exist. Remeber the Trinity. The Father, that which has created us all; the Son, Adam who was first created by the Father; and the Holy Spirit, that which was placed into the body of Eve and into the care of Adam.
My point is this bredren, the Holy Spirit is female, always has been and always will be. My bredren whom I love and respect so much, you are immovable. I wanted to know where you stood when the ground became shaky, please forgive me if I was misleading to you. I never ment to remove your belief, only question it's depth and understanding.
It is often a hard thing for people to understand that Jesus, the man called Christ, is not really the point. He is not the Messiah, He is the Son of Man, he who is birthed of Adam and Eve who at one point were called Mary and Joseph. A man cannot hold a womb and that is almost literaly what the Holy Spirit is.

" In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
Unless you are willing to say that God is either female or gay, the Word is female, and further the wife of God.

My point is that the Catholic Church has systematicly removed the female priciple from the Bible. Isn't it strange that the two women who are closest to Jesus are both named Mary. Isn't it strange that Jesus continually refers to himself as the Son of Man, although the Bible records his mother as a virgin and his father as the bloodline to David, but then completly removes him from the text. What Man is Jesus refering to? What if Joseph died? Wouldn't that make him Jesus's father who art in Heaven. Not to say that God is not only to say that things are often not as they seem.

Strange is not whether Jesus existed, strange is that a man is given the role that belongs to a woman. Anybody can be a Christ the word means annointed. But only a woman can be the Spirit.
"and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him"
"Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist"
" Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?"
"Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God."
" Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven."
"For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels"
"Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us?"
"[22] And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.
[23] And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, ...
... which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God."
"For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels."

Do not read holy text from the perspective of those who seek to oppress you, but rather from the perspective of those whom they seek to oppress.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/1/2007 12:29:12 PM

Nzingha, You say the word is female and the Spirit is female, I Iverstand your reasoning but also Iverstand that it can also be looked at differently. I personally don't look at the Word and Spirit as either male or female.

I agree that the female is looked at wrongly in scriptures. Whether those parts were there from the first manuscripts or added later, I feel that those parts were the contribution of men, not Jah.

Here is a reasoning I made before
------------------------------------
And I don't accept that a woman has no say, and should just do whatever a man say. Many men out there are not good examples of Jah livity, and all they will do is teach a woman foolishness. And a woman shouldn't go against God, because a man tell her to do it.

And also, I sight that the men who don't consider the instruction and opinion of their wife will be weak. I will never refuse good instruction, or correction, no matter who brings it to I. I don't have any desire to continue in foolishness because I am too stubborn to deal with what a woman say.

A man and woman come together as One, and Jah should be their guide and light. A woman often times will think of things that a man doesn't, and a man will often times think of things that a woman doesn't. So as One, I and I should rise and come closer to Jah, as One mind.
------------------------------------

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 3/1/2007 2:49:36 PM

Too often people try to place the terms female and male into catagories based on human genders. Humans are not the only beings who are seperated this way. Female is a term that refers to the thinking, gestating, creating principal. Everybody has this principal, men and women. Male is a term that refers to the doing, seeding, action principal. It's just like fire and water, ying and yang, light and dark. It is amuzing to me how often men would rather erase both sides rather than acknowledge the female principal that is God. It's probably the reason that matriarchal societies are so much more inclusive, male dominance is a plague.
Patriarichal society is run by a kill or be killed kind of thinking where there is never enough to go around. A man having many wives is marginaly acceptable while a woman having many husbands is almost impossible. In a matriarichal society many women can share and make use of one good man, but as soon as there is more than one father figure fights break out for proof of the Alpha. In a patriarical society each man must have at least one woman all to himself, but if he decides to take more than one woman they manage to make the best of it and come together to raise a united family of children. In fact in these situations the man is often only neccessary for financial security, if he fails to support his family he is useless and often must be replaced if the family is to survive. However, if he is willing the head female can take over his one function and keep the family afloat.
You wonder why God made man first? Because if He had made woman first, man would not exist. Is that to say women don't need men, no, it is to say that women tolerate men or turn into men. Just as some amphibians have been known to do. No society of all men has ever worked for any length of time, but even unto this day the legend of great societies of women still survive.
In fact my name sake, Anne Nzingha, lead a band of all women warriors who managed to keep the Portuguese from conquering their tribe for decades, while everyone around them was falling victim to inhuman bondage.
When the world shakes off the shackles of male dominance and humbles itself to the position of equality through matriarchy, there will be peace. Then we will see who is your Messiah and who is not.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/1/2007 3:36:51 PM

Nzingha, you said,
-------------------------------
It is amuzing to me how often men would rather erase both sides rather
than acknowledge the female principal that is God.
-------------------------------

I don't know if you said that in reaction to I statement that I don't see the Word or Spirit as male or female, or just as part of your reasoning. I have never looked at the Word or Spirit as male or female, the way I look at it has nothing to do with erasing both sides, I never saw any sides in the first place.

Also, in regards to this statement,
----------------------
Is that to say women don't need men, no, it is to say that women tolerate men or turn into men.
----------------------

Could you elaborate. You said that it was not to say that women don't need men, but the second part isn't referencing anything about women needing men, the second part still sounds like you are saying that women don't need men, they just tolerate them or turn into them.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 3/1/2007 6:07:01 PM

So Haile Selassie I is male, jesus is male, but the spirit can't be female? Thats a little sexist. Somewhere between all this testosterone must be a female principle or maybe god is gay now, probably not.

So lets pretend the spirit is niether male or female, the senario is still male dominant, (since all faiths that stem from Abraham are male dominant). Wheres the female at if the spirit isn't feminine?

Does that even make sense? Even if ones tries to sugar coat by saying the spirit is niether sex, you still deny female principle. I'm sorry but get real.

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 3/1/2007 6:17:12 PM

These sexist doctrines have been supressing people for to long.

"Thou shall not covet thy nieghbors wife."

There is not one single scripture in the entire 66 books fo the bible that states: "Thou shall not covet thy neighbors husband." And on top of that the scripture is a lot longer than that. It really says:

"You shall not covet thy neighbors HOUSE. You shall not covet your neighbors wife, or his manservant or maidservent, his ox or donkey, or ANYTHING (EMPHASIS ON THING) THAT BELONGS TO YOUR NEIGHBOR." Exodus 20:17

What kind of shit is that?

Or my other favorite:

"Thou shall not commit adultry"

Please explain what adultry means in a time of pologamy. The woman was property. All of the 'holy' patriarchs of the OT have multiple wives, including Moses, the same one who supposedly wrote this commandment. Time to make some changes.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/1/2007 11:22:37 PM

Dreadnut, you said,
------------------------
So Haile Selassie I is male, jesus is male, but the spirit can't be female? Thats a little sexist. Somewhere between all this testosterone must be a female principle or maybe god is gay now, probably not.
------------------------

Sexist? You are speaking such foolishness. I speak of the way I see Spirit, not the way others see Spirit, or the way you want I to see Spirit.

Empress Menen is God, and she is female. And as I have said many times before, all that are One with God are God. That includes Man and Woman.

If somebody sees the Spirit as female or male, then that is how they see the Spirit, and that is fine with I. They don't have to sight the Spirit the way I sight it, just as I don't have to sight the Spirit the way they Sight it.

What kind of thing are you dealing with Dreadnut. This gay business you are speaking about God is foolishness. Just because I say that I don't view the Spirit as female, you imagine that somehow means that I am suggesting that God is gay? Get your mind out of vileness and take I statements for what they are, don't distort them with your vile imagination. Or I should say the vile imagination of others that you have chosen to adopt for yourself, because that limited thought false logic was not started by you. I haven't looked on the internet about it and I won't bother wasting I time, but I bet if I do a google search, I would find who made that gay god statement popular. Follow them people if you want, I will follow Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 3/1/2007 11:54:09 PM

Ark, you deal with foolishness. You dance around issues. I do not support homosexuality, its sarcasm. Kick rocks buddy. You think I got that from the internet?

I noticed you can't even touch the other post. And you don't look anything up. Your don't even know who Josephus was.

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 3/2/2007 12:49:31 AM

Whats the point of reasoning if you don't look up whats being said? Cause 'it wouldn't bring you closer to Jah." You have a feel good religion buddy. "oh I just feel it, thats how I know its true." I even posted the scripture of that commandment so ones didn't have to search they can go right to it. Someone must be scared.

" Or I should say the vile imagination of others that you have chosen to adopt for yourself, because that limited thought false logic was not started by you. I haven't looked on the internet about it and I won't bother wasting I time, but I bet if I do a google search, I would find who made that gay god statement popular."

What the hell does this mean? That is my own statement. Its very apparent that I do not believe in homosexuality from my defense of the womans role in Creation. Just because you found info on the internet that resembles something I or others say, doesn't mean we are stealing or copying each other. And if your reffering to the post I made earlier that you found out to be from someone named Dr. Larder or whatever his name was, I didn't even know who wrote that until you posted what you found on the net. You were correct, but I have millions of pamphlets of information, and some of them are not well sourced, thats why I posted what sources I could for refference in relation to the post. This is the case with the Josephus account.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/2/2007 1:23:58 AM

I wasn't saying that you supported homosexuality.

I don't care who Josephus was, but I actually did look up about him after he was mentioned. And I still don't care who Josephus was.

If you are wondering if I have done as much research as you, or read as many books or pamphlets as you. I would bet money that I haven't. Books are not I source of Inspiration, Jah Spirit is. If I am looking into how to write a patent, or finding information about a herb, or some other technical, scientific or other physical thing, then I will read a book or search for it on the Internet. But I don't spend I time reading books to learn about Jah Spirit, I use the Inner Eye for that, not the Outer Eye. Don't compare I trust in Jah spirit with a feel good religion. "oh I just feel it, thats how I know its true."

I don't just feel Jah, I see Jah, and I also chant with Jah and see the physical manifestations of the Spirit of Jah, and many people that come around I see the manifestations of the Spirit of Jah and some learn how to Immunicate with the Spirit as well. You don't sight the Spirit because you don't seek the Spirit. So go ahead and bury your head in books, you might eventually see how close that can get you to Jah Spirit, unless you get old and die before you come to that realization.

My reasonings come from I thoughts, I sometimes do a little research into things if I am curious about something, or if I want to find information related to the concept I am thinking about, so some of my statements are related to research. But most of what I say is not related to research. A thought comes to I mind or a concept comes to I mind and I think about it and look into I Spirit to discover more about it, and sometimes I reason to others about it, and sometimes I write about it in the forum.

A lot of the time I reason with people they ask I if I read this or that book because they read the book and it was saying something similar to what I was saying. And everytime this has been asked, I never read the book they were speaking about, or any other book related to the concept. Jah is I source of inspiration and I source of information.

And regarding your post about adultery. As far as I am concerned, if I were to have a relationship with any woman other than I wife, then that would be adultery, and this is something I have never done and will never do. Even before I met I wife, in the seasons that I had a girlfriend, I would never deal with another woman, because that was not right to I. The only way I would deal with another woman was if I ended the relationship with the woman I was with. And I not only never cheated on I wife or any girlfriend I had before, I didn't even consider doing that, because it was against I Spirit.

Just because the bible says something doesn't mean I will follow it. And just because the bible doesn't say something doesn't mean I will not Live it. Like I said, books are not I source of Inspiration, Jah is I source of Inspiration. A few years ago, I posted this on the forum, concerning the bible:

-------------------------
I used to just accept every word from the bible. And if something didn't seem justified to I, I would think of a reasoning to make sense of it. But after some time, I would see that the reasoning I made was weak and did not justify it at all, so I would think of another reasoning to justify it. But after some more time, I would see that my new reasoning didn't justify it either.

So now I only accept what is justified within myself. Because I won't go against the Spirit of Truth within I and deal with something that I see as wrong. If I later come to an Iverstanding, and sight the justification, then I will accept it, but if not, I won't.
-------------------------

What about you Dreadnut, have you ever cheated on a woman you were with or considered cheating on a woman you were with?

Ark I
RasTafari
Haile Selassie I

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 52

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I