Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1758&start_row=1

Haile Selassie I opinion on drugs?

1 - 1011 - 13
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 2/19/2007 2:07:22 PM

Ises Beloved

Somebody told my Queen's parents, Iman is smoking herbs. Now I am not arguing with them about weed, because they will never see the difference to DRUGS. But I will also not lie.... so all I will state is, that I do NOT take drugs. For them it's the same, so I will state truth, that I stand against drugs.

So I am looking for a quote of His Majesty in which he speaks against drugs, to back up my position. But I only find the quotes against alcohol... something they of course do not consider as drug.

Please if anyone can help I n I do it fast.

Give Thanks!
Haile Selassie Guide and Strengthen all of I n I.

Selah

Messenger: Brethren Nicholas I Sent: 2/19/2007 4:23:46 PM

greetings in Jah name RasTafarI Haile I Selassie the First

Yes Iyah.
give thanks.

I am in agreement with the I about telling Ones that Herb is not and cannot be in the same category as "drugs."

But, as hard as i've tried to help Ones overstand the actual truth of what Haile I Selassie I has provided for InI, they just won't listen to reason. and any Babylon court or official will do the same.

Some mugs can't comprehend InI overstanding and most can't even begin to think about overstanding it.

I opinion on the I topic is try to help them overstand, but if there not gonna listen to theI once or twice then them prolly wont be listenin any time soon seen?

but Jah bless the I with theI Iteous works Iyah.

Haile I Selassie I
Jah
RasTafarI

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 2/19/2007 4:35:31 PM

idren, You should consider how you use your words more carefuly Rasta.
Couldnt come up with a better post title?

I am curious though, From the way you speak of your queen´s parents, it dont sound as if a quote from HIM is going to help you much, am i wrong?

Until InI ,as the faithful ,truly overstand what Iyesus Christos was talking about when he said "If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.", these kinds of things will never cease to be a problem

Selassie I Guide
Rastafari Is

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 2/19/2007 9:42:30 PM

for the record, ALCOHOL is a drug

there is no alcohol plant, shrub, bush, tree etc.

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 2/20/2007 4:50:28 AM

Ises

I apologize about the title. I was in stress, and my mother tongue is NOT english. Brother, as far as I know, in poper english if one says "one makes a speech"... you would say "he speaks ON a topic". Am I correct here? And am I still correct to say, that the expression "ON DRUGS", is rather slang than proper english?
So as far as I see it, I stated a proper english sentence and therefore do not see any guilt. Still I spologize because one has to be prepared that there will always be people who misunderstand something.

The thing is, I will argue that I follow His Majesty.... and this is what they know... they know that Haile Selassie I is the highest authority in I life. That is why I am looking for a quote of HIM against drugs to show them, that I as a follower of HIM would NEVER take drugs.

I know people who are not in that situation will not try to believe me... but these people will NEVER overstand the difference between herbs and drugs. So if I argued in favour of weed, they would consider that as if I admitted taking drugs. So I will take their own misunderstanding of weed being drugs, and will only argue that I have never and will never take drugs. They will not argue about the difference... they will blame me for taking drugs... so I will state as a disciple of HIM I stand against drugs.

The thing is, I will not be able to argue reasonably. They are going right now to destroy my Queen's future... they are not going to help her financially to study or to accompany Iman to Ithiopia in the near future. Iman alone am not able to take care of her financially yet due to being studying and not having a job yet.
Of course I took care of having enuff money save for our both flights to Ethiopia for the Millenium... and before I see her going down in brimstone and fire because of her ignorant parents I will take charge in my own hands an take her to Ithiopia, of course. But still I would prefare to smoothen the relationship again and tell them that their charges on drugs against me are baseless as I would never take drugs.

Haile Selassie I strength!
Selah

Messenger: Selahssie i son Sent: 2/20/2007 10:06:39 AM

It is a bush in fact the burning bush and not a drug,the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.It is the babylonian children who sell drugs in their (drugstores/pharmacies).Doctors priscribe the most drugs everyday and you could see that our people is hook on these drugs.These drugs are artificial manufactured and these still cannot meet the grade.Doctors even priscribe herbs for some their patients secretly.Ganja good for evering!

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/20/2007 12:42:26 PM

I noticed the title as well, but I figured that it wasn't written to look that way on purpose.

I adjusted the title to reflect more about what you were asking.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 2/20/2007 1:16:56 PM

Ises I
give thanks Ark I

Bro Dominiq, no apology necessary. I have to admit, i was wondering about the intent of the title as well. This is what they call an "eye grabbing headline" in them babylon newspapers, where the headline you read is quite different from the inside story. I am glad to know that was not your intention
And also, this has nothing to do with "proper english", i would never critizise a man for his knowledge of a certain language. It is more about what a sentence implies and ini as Rasta who believe in the concept of Word Sound Power should take more care of how we use our words. HIM King Selassie taught us not only to act and dress and behave royal, but also to speak royal.
It is not enough for you to say "there will always be people who misunderstand something." until you yourself do your utmost to minimise the misunderstanding that might be caused by your words

One Jah Love
Rastafari Is

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 2/21/2007 12:42:07 PM

Ises

Give thanks for making the title correct.

Iman did not intend a discussion on "is weed a drug?" or "what is a drug?", because I think we pretty much agree on that, nah?
When I say drug I do not of course mean herbs. As herbs never fit in that definition.

But again I try to point out the situation: I Queen's parents will blame I on TAKING DRUGS. For them marihuana is the same like any hard drug, and they will not make any compromise on that.

In the meanwhile I am glad to say, that the situation got more quiet. My Queen explained to them that all I was doing was a THEORETICAL talk about medicinical facts on ganja.
And the good thing is, though I am Rasta (you know those with the dreadlocks, as they say), they find it quite unlogical that I radically (as they say) stand against cigarettes, alcohol, and all sort of drugs, but at the same time would take drugs (as they do not see any difference to herbs).

So I shall see how things gwaan.... time shall tell.

Selah

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 2/21/2007 1:22:00 PM

Yehyah- Does the I queen live with her parents still? How did this even come up? Are her parents Christian? I'm just wondering how and why they would even confront you on such a personal level.

I guess it depends on your situation. See if your girl lived with you, and there was no longer dependence on the parents and what have you, then I personally would tell them to "kick rocks" as we say here in Amerikkka. You don't need to tell them anything.

But I suppose you could always try to teach them, but one has to remember that it will take time with people who are programmed to believe a certain thing. I know you said they think its a drug anyway, but I think that over time if you administer the facts to them when you are confronted, then maybe slowly but surely they may understand. Maybe...

Gutten Tag

1 - 1011 - 13

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I