Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1729&start_row=11

Jesus Christ's Role In Rastafari

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 33
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 1/30/2007 5:52:34 PM

Haile I

If i might ask
who is this st Augustine the i mention?
When is he supposed to have said these things of Iyesus?
IS he not a catholic...making him, African or not, part of the "Beast" sysytem?
Isnt this the same man who wrote "On the Holiness of the Catholic Church" ?

I do not know enough of him to disagree or agree with the I but since you left Ini with a question i will do the same
is it really possible that if Christ was born in a cave in Ethiopia, Ethiopia forgot every trace of that memory?

one other thing
i have heard it argued that Israel Irushalem cannot be the holy land but Ethiopia is. Has not the Kebre Negast made it clear that Israel is Ethiopia?

Rastaari Is

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 1/30/2007 5:57:01 PM

And thus the eastern boundary of the kingdom of the King of ETHIOPIA is the beginning of the city of GĀZĀ in the land of JUDAH, that is, JERUSALEM; and its boundary is the Lake of JERICHO, and it passeth on by the coast of its sea to LŹBĀ and SĀBĀ;

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/30/2007 11:53:59 PM

Ras Sistren Khamyl,

Yes I. That was pretty much the same thing I was going to say.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Empress M Sent: 1/31/2007 9:50:42 AM

It's hard to really overstand the truth about Jesus Christ and his role in those days, and with an Empress like myself who is seeking the knowledge and overstanding of Rastafari what am I to believe. After reading the many reasonings posted from way back, I am confused! Where do I begin to find the truth so that I can have the overstanding of rastafari so that I can live right and be able to teach my children more than Jah being the Creator of heaven and earth? Blessed Love

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 1/31/2007 12:01:31 PM

Haile I sistren

Do not be discouraged
Rastafari is a truth seeker
Rasta is not a religion
Religion leads ones to believe that they know all the answers
Religion leads ones to believe that they can contain the UNFATHOMABLE ONE in a single book.
IF you have Jah RAstafari. you do not need anything else
He will lead you besides still waters, HIS words are a comfort to the weary, He is Father to the Fatherless
So Love HIM
Anytime you meditate on whatever it might be you wish to meditate on..begin with HIM
Make HIM the centre point of your life circle and everything shall be added.

Blessed be in HIM
JAH RASTAFARI....none like unto thee

Messenger: Padok Sent: 1/31/2007 3:06:26 PM

srry but you guys haven't answered my true question. maybe i didn't word it correctly. srry about that

Do Rasta's belive that Jesus Christ died on the cross for our sins. Do they beleive that was the main purpose???

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 1/31/2007 3:43:21 PM

I'm really not sure what your not understanding Padok.

The answer to your question is not a "Yes"-"No" answer. I and others already explained it.

Some Rasta do believe Jesus Christ was put on the cross for sins....

Some Rastas could give a damn about any one named Jesus.

Some 'Rasta' just say Jah, not reffering to Haile Selassie or Jesus, just an all powerful entity or God.

Its not clear and cut. And I tried to explain to you that Christianity, although for different reasons, has also not been able to come to a one consise agreement as to the person and nature of Jesus. Some Christians believe he was the Son of God but not God himself, and then you have the more fundamental view point which says that Jesus is the same God from the Old Testament. Some of the Christians have also seen Jesus Christ through Gnostic specticles. The views are manifold, and this is not soley related to world religions, but it even extends itself into science. Most scientists believe the evolution theory, but the explainations as to how evolution was made possible is argued amongst scholars everyday.

Hopefully you can overstand...

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 1/31/2007 5:30:25 PM

B I G U P DREADNUT

rsk

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 1/31/2007 8:22:10 PM

Some 'Rasta' just say Jah, not reffering to Haile Selassie

Give thanks for the inverted commas

Messenger: Padok Sent: 1/31/2007 10:11:16 PM

in my opinion you guys dont know what your talking about. This whole thing that your saying is a big contradiction to its self. You say some rasta dont even belive in jesus. Than how could they belive in hail selassie! I dont think you guys are true rastafari. I was taught that rastafari have an excellent understanding of the bible and from what you guys are saying it doesn't seem that way. Listen if you believe in Haile Selassie then you believe in the book of revelation. If you believe in the book of revelation then you have to believe in the new testament. If you believe in the new testament you believe in Jesus!
So your telling me some rasta's don't even belive in jesus? if that's true then how could you think haile selassie was jesus?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 33

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I