Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1713&start_row=1

A question for Rasta

1 - 1011 - 20
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Tesfa Malakot Sent: 1/13/2007 7:43:38 PM

I am a pan-africanist and love Africa. And also a defender of colored people world wide. One thing I love about Rasta is how they stand for black people. But One thing I see that confuse me is the white jesus I see on Haile selassie pictures. Rasta fight against white jesus but Selassie have pictures of him with a slave master white jesus behind him.

T MALAKOT

Messenger: Selahssie i son Sent: 1/13/2007 9:56:15 PM

Seen! In which picture u saw that,discribe the picture better than that.king selahssie i never believe in the god of Rome remember that.I and I a rasta,so if a white man in my picture da no mean nothing rasta.King Selahssie visited the enemies and they honor his Aurthority King David Rayol Dynasty,Rastafari visited Zackeus so they cannot escape the judgement.History proves that the imitation white jee*zus is a imitation to the Nazarene black Jes*us christ Rastafari,so dont get confuse.Biblically Jes*us rastafari come from the root of jes*se and the europeans white jee*zus was drawn by leanordo divinchi.The image of the beast will offend those who dont accept the number and the mark of the beast.Go read revelation 13v1 to the end for a better overstanding on the image of the beast.But hear this as a black to black man who believe in the Africans,The china man a praise de chiney man,the muslim a praise the muslim man,the indian a praise de indian,what happen to de afrians they no got no one?Selahssie is the conquering lion.Me as a black man no have no white god,or pale god with blue eyes,remember his eyes were like a flames of fire rev.1v13,14,15etc.His hair is like wool as black as raven.My skin is black upon me.Jah Rastafari!

Messenger: Youthman Sent: 1/14/2007 11:05:10 AM

I recently saw the following picture on a forum, might be the one the author of the thread was refering to.

Messenger: Tesfa Malakot Sent: 1/14/2007 5:36:10 PM

Yes Rasta. This picture is disturbing. Rasta we people burn White Jesus. So what about this picture.

T MALAKOT

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 1/14/2007 6:45:16 PM

good point, my grandpa is a ethiopian tewahdo priest, all over his room is white jesus arts,also in the ethiopian church is all european reflection..but he tells me whos to know what yesus kristos looked like, it ONLY serves as a reminder....and i check it, ethiopians are not subject to the mental slavery of other blacks, they are free of mind oppression from whites, when they live its all black, when they talk from the bible all black, they way they talk of reference even of yesus or even anyone from bible is as if they were ethiopian................................................................... on a different note, these arts and depictions came from europeans, ( portuguese came in attempt to convert ehtiopians from tewahdo to catholic, by helping ethiopia fight against islamic crusades trying to take over ethiopia) but jah uses incredible ways of protecting his people, these europeans who 'think' they have an upper hand on the mind of ethiopian by having thier arts in thier faith, but jah uses them also to protect his people, just like portuguese protected them just like britain and america protected them, and still does.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 1/14/2007 7:54:48 PM

Young Lion
if ever the i feel like reasoning about any and everything. Hail i up

Jah Bless
Rastafari Is

Messenger: Tesfa Malakot Sent: 1/14/2007 8:42:44 PM

But still no matter what ethiopians say or black people say or even Rasta say where our people are there cannot be a white jesus. it is and always be enslavement. And ethiopians saying that its a reminder. Do rasta need to be remided of jesus by a white version. no man, this is still no matter what white supremacy. And Haile selassie having this white jesus behind him must be investigated. What are people going to say now that this should be ignored? no man, they can't enslave black people no more.

T MALAKOT

Messenger: Selahssie i son Sent: 1/14/2007 8:58:22 PM

Yes Iah those look like drawings,drawings with construction or light lines.It look like drawings without colours showing different views of the black Jes***Us Christ Rastafari.I and I think drawings and pictures are two different things.I and I nah go fight against I and I king if he choose to sit there.Selah,,,,ssie I

Messenger: Selahssie i son Sent: 1/14/2007 9:05:27 PM

But Becareful da picture look like his majesty head on someone else body,check out the tie,or the neck area plus the person body look bigger than his majesty body.the body is more larger,the picture no look too real.

Messenger: Tesfa Malakot Sent: 1/14/2007 9:32:05 PM

Rasta, Clearly that is a straight haired jesus. We need to reason on this because we black people don't move like fools. I have love for Selassie but what message does this picture bring to the people. That it is okay to have white jesus in a black mans house? No Rasta. White supremacy is that. And we burn all white jesus. Now don't tell me about its a drawing with pencil. That is a white man behind Selassie. We need to reason on this logicaly. CALL ALL RASTA TO COUNCIL

T MALAKOT

1 - 1011 - 20

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I