Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1705&start_row=1

Work for a New Tabernacle

1 - 4
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: JAH Coyote Sent: 1/6/2007 12:55:57 PM

Greetings In the Name of the Most High to all bredren and sistren displaced throughout JAH Iearth!

I am from the city of Toronto, Ontario, Canada- a city with an estimated population of over 30,000 Rastafari sons and daughters alone. However, there is no permanant structure devoted to the spiritual growth and Inification of I and I people.

And so I overstand it to be the duty of Toronto-based Rastafarians to establish a proper tabernacle for all Houses of Rastafari. We need a proper site for community gatherings, Binghi chants, teachings for the youth, prayer, worship, and specifically the solidarity of Rastafarians. A tabernacle is also necessary for all Toronto-based Rastafarians as well as Rasta men and women who come to Toronto to visit or to work seasonally.

Already there are regular Bobo gatherings, Nyahbinghi gatherings ( www.nyahbinghi.ca ) and some Twelve Tribes gatherings and conventions. However, we need a building we own, seperated from such reliance on Babylon so we may properly gather and forward I and I selves.

I am also currently working on building a stone tabernacle on Saltspring Island, British Columbia for Rasta Iditation retreats.

If anyone wishes to help I and I with our works, please contact myself.

Blessings and gratitude,
Ras John

rasjohn@gmail.com

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 1/6/2007 3:39:55 PM

Ises Beloved

I never knew that there are that many Ingels hailing from Toronto. I know it can be compared to the communities in London, but I never know that it is so big. man

You know when I n I Sons and Daughters plan and do things, often the works get frustrated. you know whah I mean. There are people who say they will help and then they do nothing, but only slow down everything and cost much energy. I'm afraid it won't be possible that all houses and Idrens work together on that.... I mean just look to Shashamane.... the only thing they ever did together is putting there this barbwire..... sorry but that aint funny. As we see at the International conferences and things, they would start quarreling. I just say it like it is. I mean these are things like the EABIC didn't want to attend a conference where green-on-top is flown. So which flag will be flown on your taberncale?
What I say is, to much ridiculous bullsh... goes on right now. Those brethren who realy want to move something must get on their feet.... and just leave the others behind. It's hard.... but if you want to get forward you have to leave the weights back.
I am sure the I will get nuff help... but no matter how many... and if there were 100 thousand Rasses there... maybe in the end you will be happy to have a handful. Start something progressive and the right people will see it and come.
The Nyahbinghi must be the foundation... so do it in HIM name and don't care about the talkers.
Selassie I Guidance and Support

Selah

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 1/7/2007 11:38:16 AM

Blessings,
the Idren should strive to include: education for the youths such as afterschool programs, Sunday school, scouts, etc; Ital food for sale, proceeds of which will go toward rent/morgage; donations for those who may need a hand to carry them through a rough time, and a marketplace for the Idren to sell their crafts (crowns, clothing, music, artwork, etc).
The building itself should be a place where the inside is private; as many will try to downpress the Idren, shut down the livity and prosecute the rightious; windows should look out but not peep in, seen. And of course a stage and a dance floor.
Also if possible a lending library where Idren can have access to information that will uplift and educate. With a place to digest and process this information. If you can afford to put in a computer lab (even if you have to charge a fee for usage) it will greatly affect the success of your mission as well. Also I would look into a recording studio, a home made booth will do nicely as long as you have good equiptment.
The Idren should seek non-profit status this will help to minimize any kind of legal reprecussion. Unfortunatly many institutions and such refuse to grant Rastafari with the same respect as many so called religions, because of this the Idren should protect themselves in all possible ways. If you have access to a lawyer, use it, make sure you are 100% legal, no loop holes, etc. Many will seek to destroy your progress in order to condem Rastafari publicly, don't allow them the satisfaction.
Maintain your independance. Be self sufficent. Look inside for help, don't open wide for outsiders. Jah helps the rightious.
Good luck, many blessings.

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 1/8/2007 9:10:25 AM

the wealth of the wicked is laid up for the righteous

encourage contributors to pay themselves first, creating a tax shelter, then borrow from themself for cash out, pay early with no interest and no tax penalty

this is a formula i started utilizing 6 months ago and it works

1 - 4

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I