Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1699&start_row=1

second coming

1 - 5
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 1/1/2007 3:03:14 PM

Rev.5:5 talks of H.I.M being worthy loosing the 7 seals and proceeds to loose them, i thought THIS is the second coming of christ?...but then in Rev.19:11-21 talks of second coming of christ, is this talking of H.I.M? why wasnt when he was found worthy to loose it seals be considered 2nd coming of christ?

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 1/1/2007 3:43:01 PM

My Lord

Christ has many comings. But he has two advents, two characters. We know Christ come to break the seven seals.... we know HIM did that, but don't you think we will see HIM again? Christ in his kingly character will come again...

By the way I do not think Rev can be seen strictly chronological.

Selah

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 1/1/2007 6:16:46 PM

Hotep my brothers!

I think that Bro Yehyah is right that Revelation, or maybe even just prophecies in general may not occur page by page in that order.

And about the Return of Christ, this is not the return of Jesus, its the return of the Christ.

Like Hon Bro Yehyah has stated in another post, there are many misconceptions held about the biblical message, and he may even agree with me that there are certain words that if changed even slightly will completly alter their meaning. For instance,

If ones were to go back and read the Septugent, or the Greek Bible, when Jesus makes the claim that He will be with us all the way until the end of the WORLD, in Greek it doesn't say world, its says AGE! Well the end of an age is much different than the end of the world.

Always doin homework!

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 1/2/2007 5:24:09 AM

Ises My Lord

That is very interesting my Brother. I know of the Septuaginta, but only some passages, as Iam myself not able to read greek. But I will check that, is very interesting!

And though on the level of speech, we often speak about Christ's return. But to say it more detailed, I do not believe in a return, as he never was away. Christ is always with us. SO I would rather call it his coming in flesh.... in person.

Selah

Messenger: Level Headed Sent: 1/5/2007 4:20:19 PM

Hail Breathren & Sistren

Brother Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa is clear in his reasoning and correctly states that Christ never left us. Be wise and realise that JAH is here and manifests within the Son of Man. But for what purpose?
Once I and I know the answer to that we will be closer to YHVH.

Blessed Peace

1 - 5

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I