Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1698&start_row=1

Bible and Slavery

1 - 8
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Level Headed Sent: 12/31/2006 9:41:13 PM

I was wondering abouts views regarding the forcing of West African's to accept Christianity during the European slave trade when the religions and beliefs of the people was not that Arabic religion. The origins of the Bible are obscure to most people and I am not sure whether Rastafari is really shortsighted enough to be based solely on this book.
How do we know that the Bible is true? Faith is not the answer as that just amounts to accepting the slavemaster's religion after the Catholic Church made it complusary following Emporer Constantine's conversion and forcing most of Europe to also convert.
Wasn't the Bible used to justify African slavery?
African Roots revival.

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 1/1/2007 9:49:13 AM

My Lord

I can use a lighter to burn down your house, you and your whole family.... or I use it to burn my chalice and make a peace mediation reign the earth. So what? Is the lighter the bad thing.... or is my bad intention the bad thing?

The bible (what I n I know as Israelite Scriptures) is a intelectual, philosophical, deep cultural work. It is about the mind... and everything about the mind can be used to brainwash the mind. But it also can be used to uplift your mind. It's your choice.
The Ancient Hebrews were a holy Black African people.... their intelectual and philosophical overstanding, knowledge and wisdom is underestimated by the western world like they did with all of I n I Black African Gods and Goddesses.

I am a student of the bible, and as such I tell you.... no religion teacher in schools, no catholic priest, no statesman like bush and of course no pope have the slightest overstanding of the Bible.
How was the Mystic Revelation of RastafarI chanting back in the days? Something must be wrong but it's not the bible, they read it but they don't understand it? Somehow like that it must have sounded.... this is how I n I chant from ever since. The bible is of course only one part of it... you have to use your own mind to find the fullness... but not get trapped in esotheric and new age. I n I is no new age coz new age we see only brings death and destruction... I n I come from old age.... from ancient age... from the days of Sabbath and wisemind. FREE THE WORLD

Selah

Messenger: Level Headed Sent: 1/1/2007 7:51:36 PM

Blessed Love Brother Dominiq,
The intention is not to belittle nor rob one of hope or faith but to seek the fulfulment therein. The concern is the Holy Roman Empire(The New Order, seperate from the Roman Empire - Old Order)who sought to instill the Torah (Old Testement) and the New Testement as the religion of the people.
There is no doubt that The Bible contains much which is good. The Christ, as worshipped by HIM Abajahnoy is equalled by no mortal in this or previous times. I remove nothing from a next man's religion and speak not of the Prophet Mohammed or Buddha for I know nothing of them to speak.
Your point which I hope to address revolves around your assumption about the nature and identity of the ancient Israelites. It is a historical and evident fact that the people of Nazareth were of and still are of what is now known as Arabic descent. These people did venture around the World but maintained their identity and favour our brothers in Palestine today. It is clear that those currently occupying Israel emigrated from Europe after the 2nd World war and removed the Palestinians from their home.
Those ancient Israelite Scriptures were many in number like the various Gospels which are now coming to light like the Nag Hammadi library but who decided which texts were included in the Bible in the first instance. We know that it was the Council of Nicaea, or in other words, the Catholic Church in Rome.
Much of what is seen as sacred in Christianity is taken from various religions, from Paganism, Mythraism, Follower of Isis and even Tree Spirit worshippers. There was no choice as Christianity was imposed onthe masses and those who refused the religion were persecuted by the Romans. It was they who threw the Christians to their deaths in lion pits and so on.
The point I struggle to make my blessed brother is this one. It was with the Bible and alcohol that the Eupopeans enslaved the African before which the African traditions in West African were not Christian in nature. It was with the same Bible that they justified slavery be deeming the African sub-human.
Again, there is much ggod within the Bible but the question remains about the African heritage prior to the slave trade in West Africa and how that heritage has been removed and replaced by Christianity. We now hunger and thirst after the traditions which the slave master attempted to eradicate from our memories.
It is in the name of His Impperial Majesty Haile Selassie I that we find comfort.
More love, more peace, more harmony and prosperity.

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 1/1/2007 8:05:41 PM

Peace~

Just like Bro Yehyah said, its not always what your using, but how you use it.

Many have used the bible to enslave and diminish. But men like Nat Turner and others used the same bible for the Liberation of his people. So the Bible can be used for freedom and for selfish desires and slavery.

We have to remember that the bible is not an unmixed blessing. His Majesty said that we must read the Bible with a clear conscious. Take the right and leave the wrong.

HRU!

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 1/2/2007 5:40:14 AM

Ises My Lord

I have only a short time right now.

You say it is in HIM we have to find comfort. But didn't he HIMself tell us, that he finds in the Bible his infinite comfort?
Brethren I tell you, on my way I met many people who all claimed to follow His Majesty. But when it comes to his own words, suddenly they are no longer interested. This is about when His Majesty promoted modern medicine, declared all people are equall, talked about Jesus Christ, the Bible, against african revenge for colonisation etc etc etc. SOmehow for some this is just not radical enuff. But this is only because they think they can put human mind above GOD WISEMIND.
My Lord I gave you the link to a page, there is no point in me repeating everything over again. The modern day Israelis ARE NOT descendants of I n I Ancient Black African Israelites. Would you call His Majesty rather an Arab than an African? But this is exactly how the Ancient Israelites looked like and still do in heavenly Ithiopia. His Majesty is BLACK MAJESTY. Black is more than the complexion of skin. It is African origin, African mindset, African WISEMIND. 70 people went into Egypt thousands went out of it, coz of the big mixture. But they were already before that Black, Abraham came from a region that was of HAM.... we know Africa.
But that is only in short, my Lord. Check the site.

I CHOOSE JANHOY ALWAYS ABOVE MAN! Everytime people tell me this and that is Rasta, I tell them look at HIM and nothing else.

Selah

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 1/2/2007 9:12:57 AM

May I suggest "Christopher Columbus and the Afrikan Slave Trade", by John Henrick Clarke?

There is much information regarding the subject.

RSK

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 1/2/2007 2:58:26 PM

Anything and everything by Master Teacher John Henrick Clark! Peace be with him!

Messenger: Level Headed Sent: 1/2/2007 6:08:35 PM

Blessed Love & Protection to all Brethren & Sistren,
I give utter thanks for the inspirational and enlightening vibrations revealed by the Community.
Special thanks for information on the Ancient Israelites. Suggestions regarding John Henrick Clarke will also be followed up expeditiously.
Some confusion about suggestions do still exist regarding whether the Love I have for I Father can be challenged.
Do not judge because it is I Father's work to judge.
Knowledge and wisdom is bestowed upon the student who seeks to learn and blessed are they who seek His knowledge. This knowledge is not readily available but one must seek to find it. It is those who believe they have all the knowledge they need and seek no more are the ones to be pities, not I.
Most Honourable & Blessed Peace & Love to all in the name of the Most High
Aba Jahnoy.

1 - 8

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I