Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1696&start_row=11

christ and ras tefferi

1 - 1011 - 2021
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Level Headed Sent: 1/5/2007 4:02:26 PM

Blessed Breathren & Sistren
I and I do not see segregation nor dis-unity within I and I Faith.
Haile Selassie I come as the Christ risen from the lineage of Judah from the root of King David and Solomon.
This is clear.
The question seems to be whether one views HIM as Yeshuah Kristos of Nazareth or as the 2nd coming of That Man. It cannot be any other than the second view as His Majesty Himself told I and I to worship the Christ of Nazareth as he does. No argument.
We must be clear about our Father's teachings and not change them to suit ourselves.
I done see already the fulfilment of the prophecy of the Messiah as I salvation is within the Most High, Jah Ras Tafari without whom I life would not be worth living.
Yeshuah is the Son of Man, different from Jah.
It is the Messiah who lead I and I on the path to the Promised Land, Holy Mount Zion where we can be with Jah.
Remember Yeshuah saying at His crucifixtion, 'Forgive them Lord for they know not what they are doing'. He was talking to YHVH, not to Himself.
HIM Haile Selassie I is the Head of the Orthodox Christian Church and swore to uphold the Laws of the Kings, Kebra Negast and the teachings of Yeshuah Kristos, the Pentateuch. He said Himself is a Christian and to follow Him is to be of Christian Faith.
The Christ is the Way and YHVH is the Destination and our Faith is the Carrier.
Everything is JAH

Blessed is He. Ras Tafari Makonnen

Holy Righteous Order

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 1/5/2007 4:50:18 PM

Ises and Love

Yes My Lord, I just made straight how Iself sight this. Everyone has the right to have his/her own views, as we know religion is personal. There is no point in arguing. The wise know, the fools argue. This is not suitable for I n I.

Haile Selassie I is God the Creator. This is how JAH revealed himself unto me. You have to know how JAH has reavealed himself unto YOU. peace be with you.

Selah

Messenger: Jason Sent: 1/6/2007 3:25:50 AM

Greetings,
the answer to this question is part of God's mystery, which we can understand but to a limited extend. We all agree that His Majesty Haile Selassie I is the Lion of Judah that is mentioned in the book of revelations, but when we call HIM God on earth or the second coming of Jesus Christ in his kingly character or just an enlightened king from the line of David, we tend to differ on our conceptions of HIM. But the point is that even the Jews don't agree completely amongst themselves as to what to believe, neither Christians nor Muslims have a uniform conception of their faith. So we who are followers of the teachings of HIM will not have one way of viewing the truth of HIM Haile Selassie I, it's the eternal mystery. Our Task and challenge is to ponder the words of HIM and to guide our conduct in accordance with their teachings for that is the sword that comes out of the mouth of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, as it is mentioned in the book of revelations.

So there in the teachings of His Majesty we find it formulated in the best possible way: "No one is today so foolish as to believe thay any one nation constitutes a perfect monolith of faith and ideology. Nor could anyone wish that there should be such utter vanity of thought and aspiration."

Blessings,
Jason

Messenger: Level Headed Sent: 1/6/2007 5:54:17 AM

Hail Idrins
I love the teachings of His Majesty and I original point is echoed by Brothers Jason and Yehyah Anbesa in as much as I see no dis-unity or seperation. Once the Livity is righteous and positive then this is the way of JAH.
The divisions I noted between the Nyahbinghi Order, 12 Tribes of Israel and the Bobo Shante are non-existant when I and I view the fact that Haile Selassie I is the Head of all I and I Church. The way I and I view I and I Church may differ but the fact of righteousness as the key remains.
Prophet, Priest, King or God are many titles of His Majesty.
3 in 1 is another manifestation but righteousness is the Key.
I hold that JAH is EVERYTHING. There is nothing outside of JAH. NOTHING therefore as my learned breathren & sistren are aware, there should be difference of opinion but unity nevertheless.

Heartical Love

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 1/6/2007 9:58:20 AM

Unity in Diversity! a phrase which HIM coined!

Selah

Messenger: Jason Sent: 1/6/2007 7:49:22 PM

Jah Bless!! Righteous are his works and mighty are his words.
"How much better is it to get wisdom than gold and to get understanding rather to be chosen than silver" - King Solomon-

Jah children are rising, the movement is growing. Thanks to the Allmighty " we forward in this generation triumphantly ". "How good and how pleasant it would be" when that vision of Zion which we all carry within us shall be fulfilled here on Earth. There is much work to be done but through the power of the Most High in the form of that mighty tool, the teachings of His Majesty, the earth shall be established.

We are all spiritual kinsmen. And I feel the unity. Jah Movement is really worldwide and Jah Music had no small part in it. Plenty of people are awakening everyday to Jah Truth. I made a previous posting with links to some videoclips of Latin American reggea artist to share with my Brothers that they could see for themselves how Jah Music is uniting the people who will increasingly seek Jah Truth.

Blessings,
Jason

Messenger: Padok Sent: 1/23/2007 10:39:50 PM

Ive got a question though if you guys believe that haile sellasie was the 2nd coming then why do u make so many images of him and have his picture all over the place. Isn't that breaking the 2nd commandment though shalt not make any graven image.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/23/2007 11:29:28 PM

The second commandment was speaking to people who did not see the face of the Almighty. Their graven images were imaginations that were not God. There is no imagination with RasTafarI. I and I have seen HIM face.

I and I have no other gods before I and I, because God is One. RasTafarI Haile Selassie I Jesus Yesus Eashua Christ almighty God is One. And the Oneness of Jah called I and I a long time ago to come and be One as God is One, it is recorded in the gospels of the bible. But people are too faithless then and now, so they make it impossible for themselves with their faithlessness.

God is in the Kingdom of God and the Kingdom of God is within, we just need to choose to acknowledge the Kingdom and trod according to the Kingdom of God, when Jah speak, I and I would listen and do according to Jah Spirit.

If people listened to the words of Christ recorded in the bible, they would be One, as the Father is in Christ and Christ in the Father, they would be One with God, to be Perfect in One.

Those that won't Iverstand One, will never see RasTafarI Haile Selassie I.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 1/24/2007 4:22:18 AM

Ises

I wonder how this false conclusion from reading Ex20 can come up that often. When I read it, I never come to the opinion that it says: don't make an image of your god.
But it clearly speaks against IDOLS... it says do not make images of animals and things like that TO WORSHIP IT. It doesn't mean do not make an image of JAH, but do not try to make you YOUR OWN GOD.

The Commandments got changed by the church. But think for yourself what could be important enuff to be included in the 10 most important commandments? To take a photo of your God? Or aren't the emphasis AGAINST Idolism throughout the whole bible?
Or what's about You shall not lie? What a foolishness. That is one of the changes of the church they tell their members. You shall not lie? WHO CARES? I say there are more important things on this earth!
That is why the original statement you read in your bible is: Do not speak false witness against your brother! Because thi is VERY important... coz SUCH lies could have ended in death penalty in those days.

READ your Bible, but read it with OVERSTANDING!

Selah

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 1/24/2007 4:39:42 AM

Silly question
why shouldnt i have pictures of my Father?

1 - 1011 - 2021

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I