Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1695&start_row=1

Question about Jah

1 - 7
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: johnbravar Sent: 12/25/2006 10:46:58 PM

I would just like to know what everbody's opinion is on the Holy Trinity in regards to the Holy Spirit. What I have come to understand through this site and other's like it is that the father is God ( Haile Selassie ) -the word made flesh , the son ( Berhane Selassie ) , and the Holy Spirit make up the Holy Trinity.

What's recently been surfacing in my thoughts is whether I am right or wrong about my understanding. I would really appreciate other opinions on this matter as i dont want any vain thoughts in my head keeping me from knowing Jah.

Another thought that has been questioning is if this is the way in which the Christ comes into the world the last time before babylon is destroyed.

Jah ( God) Ras (Prince ) Tafari ( Creator)
(Haile Selassie) ( Berhane Selassie) (Holy Spirit )

Please let me know what your thoughts are on this and help me if I am way off in my understanding

Messenger: JAH Coyote Sent: 12/26/2006 9:42:37 PM

The way I and I overstand the Trinity:

It is a man-made concept. JAH is infinite- dividing what is infinite into three parts is a means of simplification in attempt to make understanding JAH easy.
The Holy Spirit is JAH. The Almighty power of the universe is JAH. All matter and existence is creation of JAH. Acting in a Christlike or Godly manner, like Jesus, Selassie I, etc, is witnessing God in flesh, which is considered by the concept of the Trinity to be the Son.

In short, the Trinity is an idea man has created for his own understanding. In terms of what is true and what is not true- look, listen and feel. The truth is always obvious if we use our eyes, ears and hearts to understand instead of our sense remaining stuck inside our skulls. Like Jesus says, "He who has ears, let him hear." So I man say for I and I to use I and I eyes to overstand, to use I and I ears and hearts to overstand. It is a very Catholic mentality to overthink these things and to surround reality in too many words and not listen and feel as much.

Peace unity and overstanding,
Ras John

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 12/27/2006 10:20:08 AM

Ises and Love

Yes true, the concept of the Holy Trinity is man-made, as everything is man-made which shall help man to overstand JAH through human spectacles. Coz we all are human, and all we have is a human view. But that doesn't make it evil or false. My GOD's Title is Power of the Hola Trinity, my God nah deal with evlness or falseness. simple like that.

I think the Kebra Nagast put it to good overstanding. The Hola Trinity is like a picture to make a comparison. Of course it is one JAH and he is not divided what soever. As we know JAH is LIFE as Energy, so you have life-energy in the whole creation and in man. And man humble thyself so man must bow like a son to a father. But the Spirit makes everything ONE. TEWAHEDO

Selah

Messenger: JAH Coyote Sent: 12/27/2006 11:11:57 PM

Yes I, blessed love.

I agree with the I. Still, it is a must that all who seek oneness overstand that concepts like the one we have been speaking of are man-made so that I and I do not create division amongst JAH people as different upbringings amongst different people use different tools to explain JAH majesty.

One love, peace Iva nation

Ras John

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 12/28/2006 4:35:15 AM

To think of the Trinity think of the Sun. The Sun it self, (God the Father), The Light from the Sun/Son and the heat or holy spirit, because like heat the spirit can not be seen but felt.

The Sun, the Light, the Heat. Three aspects of one form.

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 12/28/2006 5:39:00 AM

Ises

Well said. Like water, ice and steam.

Selah

Messenger: johnbravar Sent: 12/28/2006 10:52:58 AM

Thank you very much for your thoughts everyone. I feel much better now as i believe that was the last man-made thought that was floating around in my mind. Once again I thank everyone for helping me as a big weight has been lifted off my shoulders and i feel like giving much thanks and praises for they are due. I think i will make a song now as it is the best way i know to give thanks...

btw - Not sure if everyone else knows of this site as I have just recently came across and am quiet pleased with

Versionist Riddim Community-

http://www.versionist.com/local_links_search.php?action=show&sort=d&literal=1&desc=1&keys=1&beforeafter=1&filetype=mp3&pp=15

1 - 7

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I