Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=168&start_row=21

crucifiction

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Qe~ne Sent: 2/19/2004 11:14:43 AM

WHEN I MAKE THE SIGN OF THE CROSS, I KNOW IT TO MEAN CHRIST DESCENDED FROM HEAVEN AND TRANFRERRED US FROM UNRIGHTEOUSNESS TO RIGHTEOUSNESS.

HE DIED SO THAT A MAN CAN DIE TO HIMSELF WHICH IS THE ILLUSION OF SEPARATION FROM GOD.

HE BY HIMSELF PURGED OUR SINS AND SAT ON THE RIGHT HAND OF HIS MAGESTY ON HIGH.THERE IS NO REMISSION OF SIN EXCEPT BY THE SHEDDING OF BLOOD.ALSO AS THE OLD COVENANT WAS SEALED BY BLOOD THE NEW COVENANT IS ALSO. JESUS CHRIST KNEW WHAT HE HAD TO DO

Messenger: Bro Jahphet Anbesa I Sent: 2/19/2004 12:23:17 PM

Greetings I

And now check out whos blood is running in Selassie I body! Now you see the salvation!

Bro Gad I

Messenger: mdjonas Sent: 2/19/2004 12:30:10 PM

I accept what Ark I say, but I ask myslef if there might be more than that. HIM said that it is the blood that redeems us. That is different from saying that Jesus message redeem us, and then he died to bring the message. It has to be something about the actual act of dying that brings the redemption. That death has to be part of the message somehow.
Am I missing something in what the I Ark I is saying?
Qene, can the I help out? What is it about the death itself that brings the redemption, that Jesus life did not bring.

I am thinking that Jesus proved to the world that a man can conquer his flesh fully, since there is nothing more fearsome than death to ones who have fear. So to die for his message proves that his message of self-conquering was real. Does this make sense, and is that what Ark I is saying?
I am just trying to piece this together. I think I am missing something very simple. Love.

Messenger: Qe~ne Sent: 2/19/2004 1:09:38 PM

he died so that he could conquer death
for us all

Messenger: Za-Za Sent: 2/19/2004 1:25:03 PM

He didn't die dread!!!!
Nicodemus is the resurrector of Christ John19:39- he brought medicine Aloe & Myrrh
Actually John19:31-39 explains everything
It was the sabbath so Christ was up on the cross for a short time not all day.
He was put into the tomb so he couldn't escape and to be crucify the next day.
When the solider pierce his side "blood and water gushed out" that doesn't happen to a deadman.
Simon and Mary saw that he still wrap the head cloth apart from the linen.
Christ told Mary she could not touch him for his wounds weren't completly healed and was still healing himself with the help of Nicodemus medicine and his own powers,and has not asend to the Father and saw two angels (two thieves Christ was hung with).
She never saw him disappear in thin air or nothing like that it was just she run away. SO again blessed to Nicodemus the Savior!
But when he asended that was some ET ish! wink wink

Crucifiction is not death.....example..

50 cent the rapper got shot 9 times; Just because he got shot(crucified) does that means he is dead?

J A H N O D E A D !!
I man nah worship a GOD who spoke of and praised another GOD who died!!

One
ZA-ZA

Messenger: mdjonas Sent: 2/19/2004 5:28:03 PM

Qene, if the I is saying that Jesus died to conquer death for us all, please explain how it is that by dying he could do so, and how it is personally for a man that he can experience the conquering of death and how it is Jesus death that caused a man to be able to conquer death like this.
And for Za-za, this is the first time I have heard anything like this. According to what the Bible says, which of course I am not quoting as any authority, but it says that Jesus gave up the ghost, which is taken to mean that his spirit left his flesh. Also according to the Bible Jesus prophesied that one grain of corn has to die so that other plants can come from it, and many other similar statements that point to his death. Also, according to the words that Selassie spoke in the christmas broadcast (I wasn't there, but I heard that he spoke those words) he said that Jesus died to redeem the human race. Is there some way that what the I is saying is not contradicting what the Bible say and what Selassie is said to have said, or what is it?
Thanks for the responses by the way, but I am still looking for plenty clarification.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/20/2004 1:06:28 AM

Greetings,

Jonas, here is some of the things Selassie I said in the Christmas Broadcast.

The respectable idea on which [the league] was founded was made an object of mockery. The two-thousand-year-old Christian Civilization was threatened with destruction. If this happens, there will be a return to the days of barbarism, when the mighty could realize their aspirations at will. So that the spirit of the cursed will not gain predominance over the human race whom Christ redeemed with his blood, all peace loving people should cooperate to stand firm in order to preserve and promote lawfulness and peace.

When He sacrificed himself at Golgotha for the atonement of our sin, He prayed with His last breath for the forgiveness of those who had tortured Him saying, 'Father, forgive them for they know not what they do'. Shame on those of us who are Christians and do not follow the way of the Savior of the World, whose life was filled with kindness, humility, and martyrdom! If we lived by the laws he gave us and were worthy of being called Christian, peace would have reigned on this earth.

Men were supposed to be the equals of the living angels who unceasingly sang praises before the eternal God. Had this been so, peoples of the world would not have been divided along lines of enmity.

What I am saying is that Christ saves I and I with his blood, because his blood was the price he had to pay to teach I and I the way to live. This is his sacrifice, he spoke and was tortured for it, instead of keeping quiet and not teaching I and I God's way.

Look at how Selassie I say that his life was filled with kindness, humility and martyrdom. A martyr is someone who stands up for his people and is killed by the enemy for doing this. So I see Christ as fighting for I and I salvation by saying the things that I and I needed to hear. And the reason it was a fight, is because Christ knew that he would be killed for saying those things.

Matthew 16
21 From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.

And here is the reason why the wicked laid their hand on Christ.

John 15
20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.
21 But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.
22 If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloak for their sin.
23 He that hateth me hateth my Father also.
24 If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.
25 But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Za-Za Sent: 2/20/2004 9:53:59 AM

But tell me this why would Nicodemus bring 100 pounds of Aloe and Myrrh????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

To a DEAD MAN???????????????????????????????????????????????????? gave up the ghost and I don't have that passage in my Dictionary KJV Bible.

Burning Spear said it the best "Jah no Dead!"

One
ZA-ZA

Messenger: the rock Sent: 2/20/2004 10:19:08 AM

seen

Messenger: Bro Jahphet Anbesa I Sent: 2/20/2004 10:21:39 AM

Greetings I

Yes.... JAH NO DEAD!
But do Jah need a body?
Do you know what the goal for the early christians was? To show the people that he CONQUERED DEATH!
Read your bible, it says he was dead and lived again! That is what it say!
You cannot kill Jah, man! Only when he want this to fulfilll prophecy, then men can do so.

Bro Gad I

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I