Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1642&start_row=51

Question for white skinned people who want to live in Africa.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 158
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Sahle Maryam II Sent: 11/10/2006 12:52:30 AM

;)

Messenger: LaFaFa Sedek Sent: 11/10/2006 1:04:29 AM

Rasta

cro-magnans? Give clearance

Iyah natty congo Iyah man, Iyah natty congo man

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 11/10/2006 8:32:40 AM

At what point does it matter that the subject of the "debate" is my mother? What ever happened to respecting another beings MOTHER, and based on the fact that you obviously have no point of reference (and therefore proof) it might be far less disrespectful for you to leave it alone.
Yes my mother is a priest, yes she had an initiation ceremony, no I wasn't there and neither were you.
As for space ships, she may have come here on one, but I have never needed one. In fact, if you like to be specific, she was born June 27th 1947. Check your history and see if you can discover what momentus event happened in America that week. If you knew my mother, you wouldn't have the mental capacity to challange any of her credentials. But as you don't, I can understand your blatant ignorance of her majesty. In fact it's actually quite funny, based on the fact that I do know her and I know that she would laugh at you (in your face and point her little finger at you) because you don't think it's possible for her to be who she is. That's actually really, really funny, I'm laughing now.
Thank you for that, everybody can use a good laugh early in the morning.

Messenger: gideon Sent: 11/26/2006 7:39:14 AM

Lawful - protected by rule of law.
How can someone take what doesn't belong rightfully to them? It's a contradiction, and amounts to a denial of God's sovereignty in the earth to claim that this could be the case.

I can see that labels are getting in the way. Now, labels and categories are things we use to get a handle on our world, so that we can understand our environment in terms of who we are, and vice versa. But a label or category that hasn't been verified to be applied universally should be used with caution. This is because to misapply a specific category or label in a context where it is not properly defined is a falsehood.

One easy way to test a statement, to see whether the categories used are in the correct context, is that if you say something that exists is unlawful, you are in error. The fact is that creation is upheld according to several universal principles, and one of them is law.

You say, "So and so steals and robs and rapes", or, "So and so belongs to this group, which has been displaced". But how can this be, when we live in an ordered universe? It cannot be so.
The fact is that you must be referring to other "laws", not universal, divine law.

Here is an example that shows error in this area (please note I do not mean to target any person, but a way of thinking. The person is lawful):
Empress Nzingha claims that her mother is a priest according to the way of Melchesidek. No validation of this claim is offered, but the reader is encouraged to accept its validity. This is not protected by law. Furthermore, in a time when people are seeking their identity, and feel lost and downpressed, it is likely to be offensive to speak this way about oneself in a public forum, where one does not know who could be listening. So for that attempt at validation to succeed would have been unlawful and illegal.

You know, whenever you try to create a division, this is going to happen. Our reasonings must be rooted in the knowledge of unity, or INI. Our thinking must be founded in this concept, and this faith. We must develop our ideas and statements according to this tradition, and we must assist each other in doing so. As soon as we let go of INI, and focus instead upon a certain specifict subgroup, which is not universal, and which has not been explicitly or implicitly connected to the universal concept of INI, we go beyond the protection of the law, and become unknowledgeable.

Messenger: gideon Sent: 11/26/2006 7:56:41 AM

No matter what one's reputation, whether one's accomplishment is great or humble, tiresome or fruitless, in the journey of life, the mystery of Bethlehem dominates our spirit.With the birth of the Son of God, an unprecedented, an unrepeatable, and a long-anticipated phenomenon occurred.

He was born in a stable instead of a palace, in a manger instead of a crib. The hearts of the Wise men were struck by fear and wonder due to His Majestic Humbleness. The kings prostrated themselves before Him and worshipped Him. 'Peace be to those who have good will. This became the first message.

When He sacrificed himself at Golgotha for the atonement of our sin, He prayed with His last breath for the forgiveness of those who had tortured Him saying, 'Father, forgive them for they know not what they do'. Shame on those of us who are Christians and do not follow the way of the Savior of the World, whose life was filled with kindness, humility, and martyrdom! If we lived by the laws he gave us and were worthy of being called Christian, peace would have reigned on this earth.

Men were supposed to be the equals of the living angels who unceasingly sang praises before the eternal God. Had this been so, peoples of the world would not have been divided along lines of enmity.

In truth there is no legitimate reason or good cause which justifies war. Was it not this fundamental spirit which dwelt in American statesmen and their brothers in other parts of the world that enabled them to write the new international principles according to the laws of Our Savior. The principles were intended to avoid the calamities of war and to bring together the big and small nations of the world as one family and settle disputes that might arise between them through appropriate law and justice.

Well, there is not much to do about that! Although the toils of wise people may earn them respect, it is a fact of life that the spirit of the wicked continues to cast its shadow on this world. The arrogant are seen visibly leading their people into crime and destruction. The laws of the League of Nations are constantly violated and wars and acts of aggression repeatedly take place, and in regard to this, your honorable president told you recently that the principles of [the Covenent of the League of Nations], which were meant to assure the peace and safety of all peoples, were trampled on, and the forum of peace was consequently disrupted. The respectable idea on which [the league] was founded was made an object of mockery. The two-thousand-year-old Christian Civilization was threatened with destruction. If this happens, there will be a return to the days of barbarism, when the mighty could realize their aspirations at will. So that the spirit of the cursed will not gain predominance over the human race whom Christ redeemed with his blood, all peace loving people should cooperate to stand firm in order to preserve and promote lawfulness and peace.

War is not the only means to stop war. Men of goodwill, who fully recognize their duties, should be able, with the assistance of all free men, to prevent war and help rehabilitate all those who were debilitated and damaged by war, in order to protect this precious diamond, 'Peace'.

Messenger: gideon Sent: 11/26/2006 8:05:27 AM

Please, don't get me wrong.
I am not disagreeing with what anyone is saying, and I respect their views.
I am simply suggesting that the best path is based closer toward the principle of common ground and unity, rather than on distinctions. I am suggesting that by focusing on these principles we can further empower ourselves to achieve our common goal, which is peace and justice.
I am not trying to marginalize any other goals, either. I realize the importance of each an every idea brought forward in this thread. The point I am making is that we must begin at the beginning.
A little note about the beginning, so that we can identify where this place is that we should start:
For everyone in a room to have enough room to stand, the ceiling must be higher than the head of the tallest person. If a fence is to be built low enough for everyone to be able to see over it, then it must be built so that the shortest person can see over it. Likewise, for us to find common ground and understanding, we must cater to the slowest, the lowest, and the least. Start at the beginning, and don't skip steps so that some are left behind. That is not progress.
Thank you for listening.

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 11/26/2006 3:16:50 PM

I have never at any point asked anyone to believe anything (review my posts if you need validity on that).
I state fact, I couldn't care less who believes what, when. I do however expect to be respected enough to not have my mother's name/reputation made light/fun of. I am quite upset at the onslaught of male dominance/arrogance that immediatly decided it was apropriate to attack my statement without any proof that I had made a false statment. I don't need to be believed to know or speak truth. You can direct a man to an oasis but you can't make him believe it exists.

"Men were supposed to be the equals of the living angels who unceasingly sang praises before the eternal God."

This can't possibly be truth for two reasons.

1. God does not make mistakes, if this were the truth, then it would be the truth still.
(side note: Men are Angels, Son of Man is Atum, Eve is womb of Man together they create Hue-mans who bring light to Mankind, those who are made in Man's image.) God does not have 'supposed to be's. The word angel referes to a office, not a species. Any good theologian can tell you that Angels are created and humans are born. One refers to a physical being while another refers to a job description. They are therefore not really comparable, any being can also be an Angel.

2. Why would you make an equal to something you have already made. That's like saying batteries were supposed to be equal to electricity. Or domestic pigs were supposed to be equals to wild boars.

Only human beings make things in the image or likeness of other things. That theory is illogical, it is human in nature, not divine. It is the concept that makes a statment like "man's best friend" when refering to a dog. Man's best friend is Womb-man, because she gives him the ability to create life. A dog is what a man gets to replace a family or to stand in for him, when he is away. God makes new things, each for a specific purpose, not as a companion to another, previous creation, but as individual thing that matters on its own. Each being is responsible for itself, there is no such thing as a free life; a life that doesn't ever have to be paid for by the recipient.

"So that the spirit of the cursed will not gain predominance over the human race whom Christ redeemed with his blood, all peace loving people should cooperate to stand firm in order to preserve and promote lawfulness and peace."

Christ served as witness, as did all other prophets, so that a life lived could be judged in context. It is pure folly to live a life that is governed by the concept that someone (no matter how divine) could possibly erase sins that have not yet occured. If Jesus the Christ could have died for all sins then sin would have ceased to exist upon the death of his physical being. To think that Christ died for you (whomever you may be) is pure human arrogance. Jesus the Christ is an example, a role model for humanity. A level to be aquired, if you will. Jesus attempted to explain to humanity that physicallity was only one small part of existance. Christ attempted to show humanity how one could exist before birth and after death, how death (no matter how brutal) was a small thing.
Judas was sent to bring the soldiers of Roman Catholic decent to slay a Son of God (aka Man) who was an Angel and a prophet. To Romans it was proof of divinity for the Roman throne, 'Yes, our Emporor is great. He has slain the massiah who was sent by the God of the Jews who is said to be all powerfull' and this act created the Pope (who does not answer to God, but directs God and the people). And in this time we will see this officer fall as the people rise up.
These soliers then carried Christ through the streets where the Jews spit on him and threw stones. As he walked the believers saw a lamb carried to slaughter. The Jews affirmed that this man was not the messiah, for what kind of chosen one would allow this degredation of his being. And in this time we will see violence become the downfall of non-believers.
Those who believed in Christ watched their prophet brutalized. They did nothing to save him, they did not speak out, they did not identify themselves as followers of Christ. They hid, they wept and they mourned. This acceptance of defeat caused them to become the "meek". In this time we will see them reap what they have sown.

There were those who were disciples. They are still moving in divine meditation. They have the message. Jesus the Christ gathered together those who would know and comprehend. Through them the Word still speaks.

And then there are the forgotten and left behind. The mother of Christ who had her child ripped away and killed for the sake of God's message. She who never failed to believe. She who was brutilized and spit on, forgotten and marginalized, left for dead. Deified and sanctified only for the time it took to carry a child in her womb, then promptly disregaurded because her gender was concidered unholy.
Those who remember Mary still forget Joseph. Joseph who married a pregnant woman, who's baby was not his. Who kept her secret, who raised her child, who was silent.

Jesus the Christ was a scholar and a world traveler. Jesus did not die for "our sins", Christ lived for our benefit.
Whatever really happened was enough to start time over again. For thousands of years time passed fairly uninturupted. Then one day, sometime after the death of a Man written about in nearly every Holy book, someone said ok, time starts now. And for the most part the whole rest of the world agreed.
How many years are there between B.C. and A.D.? does anyone have the answer to that? And what happened to make time restart because of it.
And most importantly what does that have to do with the times we are living in?
That's what I want to know.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 11/26/2006 5:17:01 PM

Blessed I Greetings in Love

This from what the Empress has said
"It is pure folly to live a life that is governed by the concept that someone (no matter how divine) could possibly erase sins that have not yet occured."

I have so much problems with this sentence since, i think, if i could find a most basic character of christian and ofcourse Rastafarian life, since InI Father HIM stood for it, is the belief that Christ came as a lamb to the slaughter to save man by his blood. But this might be just i belief so let me focus on one thing i find troubling.
Refering to the word in brackets the Empress said , "no matter how divine"
To my mind, this brings up the question, Are there different degrees to divinity?, is one more or less divine than another?
And even more important is that this small sentence seems to imply that there are and have been many divine ones
Is it just i who thinks that there is and was and will be only One Divine One? Do InI stand for the One God of Creation or what?
Whats strange is that just the otherday i was burning fire on the fact that the largest christian cathedral in the world standing in NewYork is named as Saint John the Divine, not to mention it is said that inside on the alter is a Female Christ hanging from a cross. John is not divine, nor was Mary, not Moses,Abraham nor Israel. They all spoke of the Coming of the Divine One, doesnt make them divine.

This is not an attack on the Empress so dont take it as such. Its only that i feel that in recent years i see things and concepts come into Rastafari that were not there before, and i only humbly ask what are we heading to?

Jah Live

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 11/26/2006 7:14:53 PM

Ras KebreAB

Find me a quote where Jesus the Christ calls himself the one and only anything.

Wikipedia says:
[Divinity and divine (sometimes 'the Divinity' or 'the Divine'), are broadly applied but loosely defined terms, used variously within different faiths and belief systems — and even by different individuals within a given faith — to refer to some transcendent or transcendental power, or its attributes or manifestations in the world. The root of the words is literally 'Godlike' (from the Latin 'Deus,' closely related to Greek 'Zeus'), but the use varies significantly depending on the underlying conception of God that is being invoked.

There are three distinct usages of divinity and divine in religious discourse:
To refer to a deity or godlike being or entity
To refer to powers or forces that are universal, or transcend human capacities
To refer to qualities of individuals who are considered to have some special access or relationship to the divine]

I was refering to the Christian concept of Divinity as opposed to the Rastafari concept of a living God.

In answer to your question, divinity is not singular.
As for degrees, I would say it depends on how in touch one is with the God within there own being. For instance I would say that an Elephant is more divine than a/the Pope. But of course that is my own opinion.
I would also like to question your abhorition to Christ being depicted as a woman? And further, your statment " John is not divine, nor was Mary, not Moses,Abraham nor Israel." How can you say that Mary was not divine, even if you believe Jesus the Christ was the one and only maifestation of God, how can you say that the one woman whom he came through was not divine. Especially if you believe the virgin birth story. Do you believe that Jesus would say that his mother was/is not divine?
How much closer to God could you get than having him grow in your womb for 9 months in order to emerge from your birth canal into the physical world?

"if i could find a most basic character of christian and ofcourse Rastafarian life, since InI Father HIM stood for it, is the belief that Christ came as a lamb to the slaughter to save man by his blood."

The most basic belief of Christianity is that Jesus, the only son of God, died on the cross and was resurrected. Through praise of Jesus alone can the human race be saved from original sin.

The most basic belief of Rastafari is repartriation to the land of a Black King and the praise of a Black God. To always search for Truth and reject babylon's lies.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 11/26/2006 11:20:28 PM

" The most basic belief of Christianity is that Jesus, the only son of God, died on the cross and was resurrected. Through praise of Jesus alone can the human race be saved from original sin.

The most basic belief of Rastafari is repartriation to the land of a Black King and the praise of a Black God. To always search for Truth and reject babylon's lies."

when i was thinking that

The most basic belief of Rastafari is that the Black Christos,the only begotten Son of Jah, Jah in Flesh part of the Trinity Godhead,which came as the lamb to the slaughter ,to die and to conquer death ,and came to sit on King Davids throne as King of Kings Lord of Lord Rightful Ruler of the earth, not to be slaughtered but as a Lion Conquering and to conquer.

"" How can you say that Mary was not divine, even if you believe Jesus the Christ was the one and only maifestation of God, how can you say that the one woman whom he came through was not divine. Especially if you believe the virgin birth story. Do you believe that Jesus would say that his mother was/is not divine?
How much closer to God could you get than having him grow in your womb for 9 months in order to emerge from your birth canal into the physical world?"

If the wine is good to drink does that mean the vessel is too?
i dont mean to be disrespectful. Mary desrves all our love and respect as all mothers do, but she is not divine. She lived, did good, sinned, and died just as anyone else.
Sistren i advice not to cloud your mind with all this different opinions of what "divine" is. It means one thing and that is "deserving of worship". And i dont bow before no one exept I Father. I dont pray to Mary or st.John or Moses or whoever. No one can come between I and Jah for He is creater of All.

"Find me a quote where Jesus the Christ calls himself the one and only anything."
Well i cant find a quote of HIM King Selassie calling himself the Almighty so should we all pack up and go home?

"I would also like to question your abhorition to Christ being depicted as a woman?"

I just thought it was strange, you know, it being a "Christ"ian place of worship, you know "Christ" as in Jesus Christ, a living MAN in flesh?
Is this a Rasta forum or New Age one because i dont know what we talking about anymore

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 158

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I