Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1615&start_row=1

The seven seals?

1 - 1011 - 2021
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Jason Sent: 9/17/2006 7:02:13 PM

Greetings,
this is my first posting on this forum. After some time of self-study, reasoning and meditating I came, some time ago, to the truth of Haile Selassie I. I now overstand the true meaning of His Imperial Majesty and his divine teachings. As he said " Born to struggle in this world, man gradually realizes the miracles of light and harnasses this knowledge to be his first instrument of defence against the trials of life, never thereafter preferring to travel in darkness". So I draw constantly from his teachings and wise words.

There's a question that I would like to ask and hope that some of you will answer it for me. In revelation 5 it is written that the book was sealed with seven seals and that the Lion of Judah was the only one worthy to "open the book and to loose the seven seal thereof". My question is what is commonly understood as the seven seals? What interpretation is more widespread in in the rasta-movement?

Blessings,

Jason

Messenger: ciriefader Sent: 9/17/2006 8:44:01 PM

greetings Jason

i hope this will help and please reason with me also bout this
my understanding of the seven seals is that there are 7 heavens with earth to be the 7 or 8th heaven (earth as it is in heaven)

my beleife also is that we are inside a computer system and the reason why it never fails is because the system switches between 7 systems so if i breaks the next one takes over...

my beleif is that earth when it becomes heaven will receive the knowledge of 'the system' so that we on earth can start again on new worlds (inside (virtual) reality computer systems)
so the system will expand further from heaven7 to heaven8

my beleife is that to gain the knowledge one must be able to see through all 7 seals and 7 heavens to the first heaven

there is a symbol in the therapy crafts section at www.studentsart.com which might be the sort of thing that one may find under such a seal and when searching thyn own heart ...
when one searches thyne own heart then such drawings are possible and i beleive these drawings are the keys to the knowledge we need to stride forth and create heaven 7 or 8...

maybe niabinghi bass drawings!!

Messenger: White dread Sent: 9/18/2006 12:46:11 AM

This answer might me more widespread among other Rases.
The Seven Seals are seven events that will take place at the end of the world. Read furhter in Revelation and you will know the seals.

Sata Massagana

Messenger: Jason Sent: 9/18/2006 5:07:51 AM

Thank you for your reasonings, I truly appreciate.
The reason I ask this is that in revelation we find that when the Lion, which is the Lamb, opens the seals there are different horses and other happenings, but we are not told what the seals are. We are told that the seals,once the Lion of Judah has loosened them, will open the book because it is with these seven seals that the book(Bible)is sealed. So my guess is that we will find them, the seven seals in the bible itself and that they will all refer to this Lion of Judah, the root of David. Do you think this might be a possibility?

Blessings
Jason

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 9/18/2006 8:02:16 AM

Ises

To my Overstanding, this time is written and foretold from ever since(in it's basic features), like a book. But there are certain events needed for humanity to step into this time. I am convinced that Haile Selassie I was the bridge for the whole world into Revelation time, and there is no way back.
Through Revelation I also feel, that it is sealed and opened step by step. I once posted my detailed overstanding about the seals here.

Selah

Messenger: Jason Sent: 9/18/2006 9:46:49 AM

Yes it is true, Haile Selassie I is the bridge into the revelation time. Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa could you tell me where to look for your overstanding about the seven seals or could you post it again in this subject section.
I truly believe that the seals are the key by which to book is opened so it is important to reason on this subject so that we could achieve a better overstanding.

Blessings

Messenger: White dread Sent: 9/18/2006 11:52:34 AM

The seven seals are:
1:The conquerer (Revelation 6:2)
2:Conflict/war (Revelation 6:3-4)
3:Scarity/famine (Revelation 6:5-6)
4:Death (Revelation 6:7-8)
5:The waiting martyrs (Revelation 6:9-11)
6:Judgement day starts (Revelation 6:12-17)
7:The seven trumpets (Revelation 8:1-5)

1st Trumpet:Air attack/napalm? (Revelation 8:7)
2nd Trumpet:WTC hit? (Revelation 8:8-9)
3rd Trumpet:Chemaical attack/Nucliar attack? (Revelation 8:10-11
4rd Trumpet:? (Revelation 8:12-13)
5th Trumpet:Despair/Suffering (Revelation 9:1-12)
6th Trumpet:Baptism starts for Jah People (Revelation 9:13)
7th Trumpet:JAH kingdom comes.

This is just my humble opion about revelation. Don't accept it but reseacrh for yourself. Read Read Read.

Iman Love to reason bout Iman's and the I's view on revelation
One Love.

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 9/19/2006 8:51:20 AM

Blessed

Well, I do not think it is quite reasonable to show word for word my overstanding, as it is a personal path. But I feel, if you study your bible and world history, it will show you the events which are the seals in connection to His Majesty's life and works.
Some are quite obvious so that many Idren agree, some are more difficult which results in different opinions.
Just for a little help (as I overstand it), take Rev 5 as the Coronation of HIM and as starting point for your research on the seals. Read HIM Autobio, other Bios and all stuff you can get, and follow step by step HIM life. bless

SELASSIE I SELAH AMAN IAM RASTAFARI

IAM THE IAM
SELAH

Messenger: Jason Sent: 9/19/2006 11:51:29 AM

Yes, it's true like his majesty said we should "read and study the bible" and also that "the bible should not be cut in to portions".
This is why I think that all accounts, from the beginning until the words and deeds of his majesty, are of equal importance.
In revelation we find that the seals are opened one by one and that each opening is followed by particular vision. So, to my overstanding, both events, the opening of the seals and the visions, are interconnected but are also separate ocurrances. Henceforth I think that the accounts Yeshua/Jesus could give us a clue as to what happens when prophecy is fulfilled. Like in this time, when Yeshua/Jesus appeared the book was closed for lots of people. Many of the children of Israel were led astray by the corrupt pharisees and saducees, and many, outside the Holy land were worshipping false gods and indulging wickedness. When Yeshua/Jesus began with his works, performing miracles, teaching the people and so on, the thing that gave weight to him and his message was what was foretold by the prophets in the scriptures. There were certain predictions in the bible that when they were fulfilled everyone could see that what happened was part of "God's grand design for all men" and the book, which was closed to many, became open, accessible, to many peoples throughout the whole world. Therefore I think that the seven seals must be seven very important passages in the bible which without a doubt will prove His Majesty Emperor Haile Selassie I came to fulfill. That the book, which now is closed to many because of Babylon's delusions, will be, like it happened with Yeshua/Jesus, opened for all to see.
This is part of my view and overstanding of things. Let me know what it is you think of this and if you know any passage of the bible that might be of significance.

Blessings,
Jason

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 9/20/2006 8:59:13 AM

The seven Seals
Are they the gateways to the senses? two eyes two ears two nosrils one mouth
or do they have more to do with what are called in eastern religions like buddhism "chakras" or the seven energy levels of the human body
Root chakra at the base of the spine
Sacral chakra at the pelvic hip
solar plexus chakra at the mid spine
Heart chakra at the centre of the body
Throat chakra at the throat
Third eye chakra between the eyes
Crown chakra at the top of the head

One Love
Jah Rastafari

1 - 1011 - 2021

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI