Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1590&start_row=1

mis- interpretation of the bible

1 - 9
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: penny Sent: 8/16/2006 12:40:05 PM

i heard a preacher say over the radio that the bible says from the line of solomon a king would be crowned focusing on the blood line of king david. then he said that Jesus forfilled that prophesy. how is that when jesus was never crowned king?Why are they hiding the truth. Is this to promote their own power and wealth?

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 8/16/2006 1:30:54 PM

Christ wore a crown of thorns.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/16/2006 1:51:30 PM

my question is, if you follow Iyesus lineage from the days of King Solomon it comes down to Joseph and not Mary. But then they say it was a virgin birth so Joseph is not his father so then how is Iyasus of the bloodline of King David?
sounds like lie pon top of lie pon top of another lie
And about the crown of thorns thing, thats not the point ,for the prophecy is not about wearin sumthin on your head, its about the One who will come to sit on King Davids Throne, to rule with the govt. upon his shoulders.

Messenger: penny Sent: 8/16/2006 2:53:02 PM

true my brotheren true soooo true

Messenger: penny Sent: 8/16/2006 2:55:18 PM

a crown of thorns was to mock him not to honor him. Further more, Jesus did not rule anybody or have goverments upon his shoulder like H.I.M.

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 8/16/2006 3:35:48 PM

Yeshua ruled the humble and the meek. The faithful. H.I.M was a strict adherent to the Ethiopian Orthodox Church and he worships Christ.

I am not arguing against H.I.M's Divinity or the prophecy in Revelation. Only trying to illustrate the magnitude of Yeshua's spiritual rule.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/16/2006 4:02:58 PM

Worship??
Are you sure thats the word you want to use?

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 8/16/2006 4:31:14 PM

Christians worship Christ and the EOC is no different. Selassie I continually referred to HIMself as a Christian and encouraged others to do so. I don't know how else to interpret that.

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 8/16/2006 4:32:39 PM

It has been a prophecy since the old test. that the messiah would be from "the fruit and loins of King David", and that he would sit upon his throne as the King of kings and Lord of lords. I find it interesting that a Christian stated that this was Jesus. It is agreed amongst Christian churches and scolars that this is a 'second coming' event as well as other messianic passages from the OT.

Now whats interesting is I heard someone mention the lines of Jospeh and Mary. Well this goes deep...

It has been held in Christian tradition that the geneology in Matthew is Josephs, and in lukes geneology its supposed to be marys. Now we have an incredible bundle of confusion. First off, there is no where in the entire bible, that tells us that Luke is showing marys lineage. Second, in the same book of luke, luke states that Mary, Jesus mother, was a relative of Elizabeth, another new testament chracter. So whats the problem? Elizabeth IS RELATED TO THE HIGH PRIEST AARON, WHICH MEANS SHE IS A LEVITE, NOT FROM THE TRIBE OF JUDAH! Third, when Jacobs twelve offspring, the twleve tribes, he records their lineage, and each child represents a lineage. ALL OF THESE CHILDREN OF JACOB WERE MEN! Numbers 18 is very clear that the lineage is recorded from the man, being the carriers of seed.

The Messiah must be born of the Flesh. Joeseph is the one who fits the dadivic role. But in an unfortunate twist of events Joeseph's geneology is also messed up. In matthew 1:13 Josephs father is Jacob. In Luke 3:33 Josephs father is Heli. He can't possibly have two fathers.

I dont even need to go into the virgin birth thing, which with the simple knowledge that Mary is a Levite, all the need to explain this away goes with it.

Also what is worshipping Jesus Christ? Because in order to answer this question, what is Jesus Christ that we should offer this worship? When people say, "I worship Jesus Christ." What are you worshipping? The physical image of Christ? A conjured up image or portrait? Of coarse not. Obviously if the same flesh of the earthly Jesus taught evil and wickedness, then we would have no reason to worship. So if the worship of Christ isn't the physical, then that means hes being worshipped IN THE SPIRIT. What spirit? Christ said that wherever you are gathered in my name, there I am. So Rastamen listen! Where ever we see Unconditional love, truth, rights, justice, freedom for the oppressed, undying compassion, Ivine education... any where we sight these things you sight Christ Haile Selassie. Because those very things, which are manifested through the spirit in us, IS CHRIST! JESUS CHRIST HAILE SELASSIE, IS THE EMBODYMENT OF TRUTH AND RIGHTOUSNESS.

WHEN YOU "WORSHIP JESUS CHRIST" ITS HIS SPIRIT MANIFESTING TRUTH AND RIGHTOUSNESS THAT IS WORSHIPPED AND PRAISED, IT IS A SPIRIT IN FLESH!

Peace
Peace

1 - 9

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I