Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1584&start_row=1

What happened to the Foundation?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 22
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 8/8/2006 1:50:04 PM

Ises Iyah

When InI hear Houses and Ancients talking about the Foundation, Foretrodders like Leonard Howell, Teachah Hibbert, Hinds, Dunkley etc, InI hear InI present Elders speaking with highest respect and admiration. For example some time ago at Howell's Birthday, their were Ifficial Statements of the Nyahbinghi House, of Elders, Ancients and so on. Only admiration.

But what happened to the Foundation, and why is there ONLY admiration left?
When people tell the story of Howell they most of the time stop at the final Pinnacle Raid, or the mental asylum. No one seems to be interested in how it went on, that Howell worked as a doctor in Kingston after the mental asylum, and in the 70s he was back again in the Hills near Pinnacle with his community.
Or why don't we hear about that Hibbert was active in the Movement until the 80s and even spoke at the first International Issembly in Kingston early in the eighties.

Somehow I do not get why there is so much big admiration from all the Rasses and Eldren there inna JA, but somehow not enuff to step up the hills in St Catherine to join Howell again in the 70s.

As I am not a native to JA someIs could give some insight on that maybe? When all are calling Howell the First Rasta, the Forerunner, the Foundation, why then noone wanted to have anything todo with him after Pinnacle?

And InI would also highly apprecilove some insight in the beginnings of the HYBF and their attitudes towards those Foundations, and also of those other newly uprising Camps and Groups after/besides pinnacle. Maybe InI find some insight for the attitude towards Howell in the later years in there.

Ispectful Ightes Iyah
Give Thanks
Selah

Messenger: FarI-Sight Sent: 8/9/2006 2:10:38 AM

There is ONLY One Foundation and that is Jes-us the Black Christ, the Solid Rock upon which we stand. Melchesedek the King of Salem, without begining without end. The first annointed teacher. The FIRST Elder. Bongo Wato aka Ras Boanerges, an ancient elder told all rastaman that the only way to Redemption is through the way of the Rt Honourable King Emmanuel Charles Edwards, for He is Emperor Haile Selassie I's only Authorised Ambassador in the West.
King Emmanuel is the First Elder. the First Culturer of Black Philosophy and Black Culture. Bongo Wato, Ras Pidow, Bob Marley, Peter Tosh, JahLlyod, Planno, all of them are STUDENTS of the Rt Hon King Emmanuel.
The Stone that the builders refused shall be the Head cornerstone.
His Majesty paid a private visit to the Black Christ His only annointed Son in 1970...Ask the Nyabinghi elders, in JAMAICA.
King Emmanuel is Emperor Haile Selassie I is Prophet Marcus Garvey I Queen Omega, all in one. The God of Daniel, the Almighty God
HOLY EMMANUEL I SELASSIE I JAH RASTAFARI
ONE GOD ONE AIM ONE DESTINY, ETHIOPIA LET US SEE GOD IN OUR SELF AND THROUGH THE SPECTACLES OF ETHIOPIA

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 8/9/2006 7:13:03 AM

Give Thanks my Lord

Of course the I sound is truth, the foundation is in the hola mountains Iyah. But I think I made clear that Iman was refering to the early days inna JA.

Is the I Ifficially speaking for the EABICCODS? Is the EABIC Ifficially not acknowledging any Elder before Ras Elder Bongo Wato Watson?

Also I found it hard to get some insight into the Activities of the HYBF and Wato's activities after the 50s. I heard that the HYBF was functioning forward then called as Coptics, Coptic Church etc. But I did not get any proof of Wato's participation in those later days.

Further it is hard to get some objective insight in the Beginnings of the EABIC. I just heard that Bongo Eddie was very influencial in the late 50s up to the '58 Grounation. But the I makes it sound as if Ras Eddie was involved with the YBF and Wato before? I just know that the Congress was situated at Ackee Walk until 1968, nothing about what was before.

Please insight from Nyahbinghi Authorized would be highly Ipreciated. Maybe Ark I the I could get some insight, as Iman is right now away from Nyahbingh Ises and Eldren.

Selah

Messenger: I'n'I mloyi Sent: 8/9/2006 7:59:21 AM

Good topic. I am always trying to find what did happened to Elders like Douglas Mark, Hinds, Archbald Dunkley and others of that criteria. All I know they were not on the flock of Leonard Percival Howell"Uncle Percy" but less or nothing is said about them. What were their views? How did they helped in shaping Rastafari? I really need to know these things. I heard of Douglas Mark did wrote a book , can anyone pass a copy to me,please.

Bongo wato, Ras Boanerges also less is spoken of him, last time i Heard of him was in his address to Word,Sound and Power conference in Amerika in Early 90's where he revealed the sufferings they had faced and endured by being Rastamen. Is this elder still surviving in this loveless world? Are the sons of thunder still giving Inyahbinghi drummings and their revelations.
Our elders have to be praised for their works in the movement
Ras Tafari.
Mloyi.

Messenger: prophecy Sent: 8/9/2006 9:22:11 AM

give thanx for the I-story, cause that is how it was told to I about Howell. Whatever I read about him is so negative, I feel it is to indirectly manipulate the reader in thinking that Howell was just a fraud and crazy man.
I would like to learn more about him, I know who he is, but would like to know the tru story, not his story. Is there a good book on his path of Rastafari? Give thanx

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 8/9/2006 9:59:05 AM

Ises

Better, there is a book written by himself, the Promise Key. Nowadays available all around the internet.

I've read Douglas Mack's book, and though he was geographically just at the other side of Kingston, those Idren in the east were forewarding different trods from those on Mountain View and theh in the east were combsome and so on. Ras Doug in his book does further not even mention the HYBF, as far as I can remember. After Howell he just goes on and tells about smaller camps, mainly in eastern Kingston. YBF was situated Ninth Street Trenchtown, the Dread Warriors came from west kingston and developed a different trod. It is not easy to get an accurate insight after so many years.

About Hinds, Dunkley, Howell, Hibbert man read different things. They were in a whole different livity, them raise and eat animals and all them things. As far as I got informed them lived more like Revivals with sighting HIM's divinity. The YBF were the first to sight a divine livity, as far it is recorded. Also that them broke with all revivalist/obeah bizness. History makes it seem as if them were the first around 1950 to start what InI know today as RastafarI Trod.

Insight is much needed. RASTAFARI
Give Thanks
Selah

Messenger: FarI-Sight Sent: 8/10/2006 5:39:33 PM

Blessed Love

From 1915, the R Hon Prince Emmanuel Charles Edwards, known also as Jah Bongo Eddie, has been leading the Rastaman and culturing them. Howell was before him time, but every Rastaman who trod around the time His Majesty was crowned could a tell you say that Rasta was One and that King Emmanuel was a Great Teacher among them, and one of the greatest elders. HIM was befre Wato, Before Hinds and Dunky and all of them.
Ones and Ones should come to the full understanding that to understand Rastafari roots and history One must reason to Living Archives, who is Incient Rastaman. There are many books written about Rasta but it dont document the culture within the fullness. That is because I and I dont feel it necessary to do so and it would have to print many volumes of books. Rastafari is a divine livity, this heights of consciousness where one reach one have to live it to know it, live it the true original creational way, pure as water. EWF Inc is not Pure, Revivalists, RCO, Twelve Tribe, YBF and all of these people are Kristian and ting deh. Them is not dealing with Original Roots and Culture of Rastafari Livity and Heights Principles.
Ask the elders about before all this division, where there was only ONE way to Turn Up the Red Gold and Green, when all Rastaman burnt Jeezus and didnt deal with the Corporations of the Queen and the Pope.

King Emmanuel is the Only Rastaman who had the power to gather more than 3000 Rastaman and Woman, from JA and from abroad, for the objective of Freedom Redemption and International Repatriation in March 1958.
21 solid nights of Nyabinghi NONSTOP BURNING BABYLON FOR THE BLACK MAN EQUAL RIGHTS AND JUSTICE, ONE TWO ORDER TO ROCK THE WALLS OF BABYLON.never done before
From them time there many rasta break away from the Leader Emp Haile Selassie I send to them and form them own group.
THE STONE THE BUILDERS REFUSED SHALL BECOME THE HEAD CORNERSTONE
BEHOLD ISRAEL THIS IS MY BELOVED SON
HOLY EMMANUEL I SELASSIE I JAH RASTAFARI
HAILE I SELASSIE I JAH RASTAFARI
JOHN MARCUS I SELASSIE I JAH RASTAFARI

R Hon Prophet Pascal
Royal Ambassador to the EABIC
Lord Servant of the Rt Hon King Emmanuel CHarles Edwards

Messenger: Dread Lion Sent: 8/10/2006 7:27:13 PM

**when all Rastaman burnt Jeezus **

...what??

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 8/11/2006 2:30:08 PM

Ises My Lord
Give Thanks

Just a short question. First you bigup Elder Wato, and now you burn HYBF and put it onna same step as TTI. That I don't get.

Please tell more about Immanuel's activities before the 1958 Groundation.

And also please more Info about the meeting of HIM with Immanuel in 1970 that you mentioned. As far I know from Chevannes, in the early seventies all JA Rasta where somehow awaiting a near visit from HIM. And he tells, when he was in the Bobo Camp in 1975 and their was a government commonwealth conference to be held, Immanuel asked Chevannes, because he had govt connections, if HIM would really attend this conference. Of course HIM did not.
This is all I've heard in that direction.

Also I know that there are controversial runnings in the EWF since decades, man cannot say it was not pure from beginning, when this is the only mentioned organisation established by HIM personally. And that by proof! But of course not speaking about nowadays.

Maybe some objective Iformation available? I have to go through some of Wato's words. forward

Selah

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 8/11/2006 5:38:11 PM

Far I Sight,

I overstand why the I fly his flag the way he does, but there is a question I have to ask the I. I have a picture of His Majesty I saluting the Ethiopian Flag, green on top! Why would His Majesty do this if it was wrong?

About the 1970 visit. I really doubt that this happened. Maybe I am missing certain information.

Peace

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 22

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I