Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1580&start_row=1

The Barrel Project

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 25
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Sis Irijah Sent: 8/5/2006 12:52:40 PM

GREETINGS ALL ROYAL SONS AND DAWTAS OF THE MOST HIGH GOD
H.I.M. EMPEROR HAILE SELASSie I

THE TIME HAS COME TO PUT POWER BEHIND INI WORDSOUND.
THE TIME HAS COME TO COLLECTIVELY MANIFEST WORKS AS INI DO KNOW THAT FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEADED.
The time has come to aid the elders both here in the united snakes and abroad, and nourish the shashamane school on the land.
InI and ini sistren, and elder mother loi, have come together and developed a project that will not only ensure that InI elder’s needs are taken care of, but that some of that strength be used to empower shashamane school as well.
Ini are calling this endeavor...
“the barrel project”
ini hope to send the strength of a half barrel, filled with things that InI elders can use in their everyday livity at least every two months.
Things that can be forwarded to the sistrens mentioned at the end of this post are:
truly anything the I’s feel an elder can use...some suggestions are below, but not limited to them. All ini ask is that thought and care be taken when choosing items to forward for the project.
Seeds (vegetable, flowers, herbs), small hand held garden tools, natural body products, squirt bottles to dilute dr. bronners, lengths of material to make clothes, sheets, pillowcases, material for wrapping locks, thread, needles, hammers, nails, packets of dried herbs and teas, soaps, towels, washclothes, socks, batteries, boxer shorts and undies in various sizes, flip flops in various sizes, lengths of clothesline, clothespins, yarn, crochet hooks, bibles, literature of the livity, hard candy, vitamins (wholefood vitamins), water bottles, pens, pencils, writing tablets, t shirts of various sizes and colors, crowns, etc.
InI will put out the call to the sistren that can crochet...InI would like one to two crocheted blankets to be included in each barrel for the elders, and instead of using paper waste to pack barrels firm, InI will include one to two pillows per barrel as well....making sure that InI elders sleep is comfortable.
anything should again, be chosen with care and thoughtfulness.
For the barrel for the shashamane school some suggestions are:
pencils, crayons, art paper, fat pencils for ones just learning to write, primary writing tablets (the ones with the big lines with dotted ones between), notebook paper, nap mats, lightweight educational books, chalk, folders, things for the teachers to make bulletin boards with, things to decorate the classrooms with, sandals of all youth’s sizes, khaki shirts, pants, long skirts of different sizes, wraps and crowns for youths, literature of the livity, etc.
This is a large endeavor idren and sistren....very large.
There is a contingent in place to take care of the barrels for the united states elders and the barrel for the shashamane school.
Ini need a rasponsible idren or sistren to take on the rasponsibitlity for the barrels that will go to the elders in jamaica and also the same for the barrels that will go to shashamane elders.
This will entail nothing but being able to receive the items ones send to fill the barrels with, and when full, send them or ship them to proper elder. The funds to raise the money to send or ship the barrels will be that particular idren’s or sistren’s rasponsibility along with ones local communities. This can be easily done by having a few bake or yard sales.
please meditate on this vibe and come to the table ready to forward these works that will make InI elders and youths livity just a tad bit easier.
Please feel free to contact Sis Irijah at Irijah2001@yahoo.com, or Sis Jahiseek at jahiseek@earthlink.net for mailing addresses to send barrel items too. Please feel free to I-mail Ini and ini sistren if interested in taking rasponsibility for the barrels for jamaica and shashamane.
Also, if ones know of an elder that a barrel should go to, please forward that info as well, so that elder can be added to the master list.
May HIM bless the i’s coming in and going out in this time.
May Ini itinually give thanks to him for breath as it is him that create ini and not ini self.
Selassie I
sis irijah, sis jahiseek, and mama loi

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/5/2006 11:21:28 PM

Blessed Love,

That is a great Movement Sistren. Is this an ongoing work or is it for a set time period? The reason I ask is because I am not in a position where I can help right now, I think by next summer I would be able to contribute, so I was hoping that it is ongoing so I will be able to do I part later on.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 8/6/2006 6:03:34 AM

Blessed Love and Strength for this Project

First, is this School Project in Shashamane the one of Sista Wolette Selassie?

Second, if the I them plan any projects for the Elders inna JA the I them should contact Empress Menen Foundation.

Selah

Messenger: Sis Irijah Sent: 8/6/2006 9:55:56 AM

Haile I
Selassie I

to ark I...this is an ongoing project idren. and ones do not have to have a lot of money to send one or two things to the project. that is the beauty of it. a trip to the dollar store and postage to mail is well sufficient. and the youth can be involved too...they can develop a likkle something like a yard sale of their old toys or a talent show....taking the proceeds to the store and forwarding the vibes seen. bake sales and yard sales can be given to raise money to buy provisions for the barrel. seen? many opportunities that do not take ready cash. the sistren can start crocheting and so seen?many cannot afford to contribute to the larger projects and this enables ones to forward something. something is always larger than nothing seen?

InI see it like this...prayer is asking for rain, faith is carrying the umbrella....seen? so InI must, as Rastafar I, pray that one and ones hearts open up and InI faith is that when hearts do open and realize that without the elders there would be no InI....without the means to school InI youth, there will be no future for InI in these times.....and with open hearts filled with love, ones will begin to itribute to this project as it is based on HIM, the Rastafar I creed, and the love InI have for InI elders, youth, and idren and sistren.

and to the other Idren......this project is separate from the Empress Menen Foundation.....independent of. InI are focusing on material vibrations to help fill many of the needs of the school and elders and some of the wants of said same....seen? ones do not have to go thru certain vibes in order to do works seen. no money is being passed here.....just material needs. that also is the joy of this vibe as some are suspicious of formal vibrations seen? InI want every I to feel like they can itribute to this most bless-ed venture. this call for ones to help strengthen the elders and the school is posted all over...and in rasta ites news zine as well.

barrels will be sent bi monthly to elders:
in the United Snakes
in the carrybeyond
and in afrika
the barrels will be sent in a rotation to try and provide needs in these areas at least four times a year. if enough provisions are not collected during a two month period, then boxes will be filled and sent. remember, this is an ongoing vibe so everytime ones pick up something for the I's selves, try to pick up a vibe for the barrel. a towel here, a washcloth there, some bronners one month, some herbs and teas the next, seen? so easy and stress free.....and it makes all feel good inside because as this sis said, many cannot itribute money in large amounts.

InI have sistren in the ny area and the atlanta area and in the nc areas ready to start collecting items so let InI begin a forward on these works.

at the end of the above post are two i-mail addies....if ones would like to send provisions for the barrel project, please I-mail InI and InI sistren for mailing addresses.

give thanks to HIM for health and strength and breath and life
everytime

Haile I
Selassie I
Sis Irijah

Messenger: prophecy Sent: 8/6/2006 12:46:32 PM

sis, I will be collecting some things this week, but not much. Two weeks from now, I will be able to get more. Should I wait til then to ship the items or send them this week?

Give thanx

Messenger: Sis Irijah Sent: 8/6/2006 1:23:08 PM

greetings

the I can forward the provisions whenever the I is able.....remember to contact an i-mail above to get mailing addresses sis.

Haile I
Selassie I
Sis Irijah

Messenger: prophecy Sent: 8/6/2006 4:56:01 PM

yes empress, I have the email from the sis jahiseek, give thanx..

Messenger: prophecy Sent: 8/6/2006 11:49:39 PM

sis, I just want the I to know that Walgreens by I have a big back to school sale. I bought pens and paper for now, but in the next lights I will buy more. I will get folders, erasers, pens. pencils, crayans, rulers so forth. Its a start. Oh I got paper too. Good price cause I broke this week..lol..all the stuff is $.10 - $.75. I will let the I know as I get just in case it not needed..

blessed

Messenger: Sis Irijah Sent: 8/7/2006 9:18:06 AM

give many thanks sis

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/7/2006 7:05:25 PM

Sis Irijah,

I will send the I an email to get the mailing addresses. This is a very smart works the I them is forwarding with.

I will send what I can for now, and when I am able to send more, I will do so.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 25

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I