Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1563&start_row=81

JAH or YAH

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 87
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: burningbush Sent: 1/9/2013 11:09:35 AM

Igziabeher=God in flesh. I am not afraid of the word "Jah" and still chant it. But there will come a time when Rastas have to come out of the Ghetto and speak like everybody else. Assimilation is enslavement in this time, and the time before this time.

Messenger: jah-spear Sent: 1/9/2013 4:21:18 PM

The Most High knows we are speaking to H.I.M, no matter which name IandI use. Its all about intention.

Messenger: Mikhael Halevi Sent: 6/15/2014 6:59:29 AM

Tenayistilgn Brethren.

We know Amlak (God) have many names. In the question "Jah or Yah", the answer is simple. The Hebrew word is Yah, but the latinized form is Jah. The Name is the shortened form of the divine name YHWH - Yahweh - but there's the latinized form again, JHVH - Jahovah. The word used to replace the Name of God in the Orthodox Jewish Bible (OJB) is 'HaShem', which means 'the Name'.
In the name Jesus Christ, the same thing happen; the name derives from the Greek 'Iesus Kristus'. But if we search, we find that the prefix 'sus or 'zus means 'Zeus', for it was written in Greek. The real name must be Yahushua - 'Yah is salvation' - or Jahushua - 'Jah is salvation'. The 'J' is the latinized form of the 'Y'. Kristus is the Greek word for Messiah, so it must be: Yahushua, the Messiah - or Yahushua HaMoshiach. In the OJB the name used for Yahushua is 'Rebbe Melech HaMoshiach' - 'Rebbe' means 'master, teacher, or mentor', 'Melech' means 'king', and 'HaMoshiach' means 'the Messiah, the anointed one'.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/15/2014 7:13:30 AM

Neither, its Haile Selassie I the 1st

Burningbush

If your still here, what on earth did you mean by this statement:

'there will come a time when Rastas have to come out of the Ghetto and speak like everybody else'

??

Messenger: burningbush Sent: 8/23/2014 4:19:54 AM

honestly breda I do not know. I was at a different place in my life at the time and made many foolish statements including this one on here, I do not consider myself Rasta no more but have great respect for the livity. I no longer agree with this disrespectful quote... bless up the RastafarI movement at home & abroad, Selassie I Menen I

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 8/23/2014 6:04:06 AM

Give thanks for the reflection. Live UP

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 8/23/2014 7:26:17 PM

JAH or YAH, orr RAA!!!

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 87

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I