Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1557&start_row=1

1 - 5
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: penny Sent: 7/17/2006 9:15:57 AM

do the rastas believe in the 'holy trinity'? ex. father son holy ghost

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 7/17/2006 9:38:06 AM

The Father The Son The Lamb Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 7/17/2006 9:55:55 AM

THREE IN ONE AND ONE IN THREE HAILE SELASSIE

Selah

Messenger: Dread Lion Sent: 7/17/2006 1:11:35 PM

The answer to the I's question depends entirely on the I's definition of the word "believe".

It is undeniable that the Bible in no way annunciates the tradition of the Trinity and that there is one particular verse which was intentionally interjected to give biblical credence to the idea. Jesus, the Bible and everyone else who lived before the second century have NOTHING to say about this idea.

However, it is a real idea and it does exist. It has value as an idea. The concept of the Trinity may even be helpful for many wether it is objectively true or not.

So, what do you mean "believe"?

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 7/17/2006 10:03:38 PM

Glory Be!

InI sight that many things in this world, Jah included, manifest themselves in a three fold. Like The prophet, preist and king. You could see this as Marcus Emmanuel and Selassie, but in reality His Majesty did also fullfill these three roles Himself.

Then you have other Icpets such as length, highth, and width. Air fire and water, Mother Father Child....

Not really biblically based, but still cant see a problem in the theory. But if you mean believe as in do I praise that idea or concept then no.

Haile Selassie I First

1 - 5

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I