Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1551&start_row=11

Romans 7

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 32
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 7/20/2006 1:09:57 AM

Gideon, about your comment about the "name thing". The reason I mentioned both of those names was not to accuse you, it was to show people where to look to read the things that you will be saying now, because you have already said them. And if I only mentioned the one name, they would be missing some of what you said.

But if you want to talk about the deception of it, you were in every way deceptive. Nobody on the forum knew that you were the same person, including myself, until I could see by the way you spoke that you were the same and confronted you about it through email. You only stopped being deceptive to I when I confronted you, but you never told anybody on the forum that you were the same person, so you continued to be deceptive with them. If you were honest, you would have introduced yourself as being the same in your first post after changing the name, but you never said that at all. And the time you stopped being deceptive to the people on this forum was after two years of deception, when I mentioned in that last post for people to look at both names to see what you have already said. It has been so long since you changed the name, I thought it must have been mentioned by now, but it wasn't until I did a search of the posts a couple of minutes ago that I saw that this is the first time it was mentioned.

Gideon, you said,

-------------------------
First, it is coming to me that according to what it seems you're saying, you either think that your actions are perfect, or you condemn yourself as lacking pure and complete faith. Which is it, or am I misunderstanding you?

Why ask this question when I have said the answer many times in this forum. I have probably said it several times in our conversations about this topic over the years.

To answer your question, yes, you are misunderstanding I. I don't condemn Iself, I just know how I must trod and I will trod this way and refuse any urge or tempation to trod away from it, until temptation cannot even enter I thought. I am not perfect, I am trodding to RasTafarI and RasTafarI is helping I perfect I ways. As long as I have breath, Selassie I has given I another second to Live by the example of Haile Selassie I.

If I was condemning myself, I would not change anything I do, say and think and I would not trod towards Oneness with God, I would pretend that I was perfect and be condemned by my illusion. But I don't deal with illusion and I don't condemn Iself. RasTafarI condemns all wickedness within and outside of myself. And I burn the wickedness in I thoughts and actions until they are no more.

Gideon, you said,
---------------------
Secondly, I want to point out that Paul said in a straightforward way that he is not the one committing those sins, so that he is not guilty. Are you saying that I am twisting his words, or do you have another interpretation?
---------------------

If you show me what part of I reasoning you are refering to when you ask this question, then I will answer.

Gideon, you said,
-----------------------
Finally, this statement you made is clearly not consistent with the bible, or the dictionary, or common sense:

"Paul speaks about the importance of faith and grace but he also shows that when faith and grace is there, then righteousness is also there. And he shows that those that sin are a slave to sin and are not in the grace of Jah."

grace has more than one meaning. And the grace that Paul speaks of has more than one meaning. One of the definitions of grace is divine inspiration from the Most High. So if a person refuses this grace that the Creator has so graciously given us then they have no grace but are lead by their own foolishness.

Here are some reasonings to explain the second sentence that you quoted.

-----------------------
John 8:34
Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
-----------------------

So as long as you commit a sin, you are a servant of sin, not a servant of the Creator. You can pretend and make the illusion that your sin is not really sin, but you have been warned by the many watchmen that have come since the beginning blowing the trumpet.

Here are some reading from Romans 5 and 6 to keep with this topic

------------------------------
20Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:
21That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.
------------------------------

grace is much more abound because it is more powerful then sin and overcomes sin. Sin only reigns until the death of the sinful thoughts, but grace reigns through righteousness Iternally.

---------------------------------------------
1What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
2God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
---------------------------------------------

Do you not understand what this is saying. If a person is dead to sin, then they will not sin.

--------------------------------------------
7For he that is dead is freed from sin.

When the sinful thought is dead we are free from sin and no longer a slave, or servant to sin.

11Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
12Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
13Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
14For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

To trod with grace and not be under the law, a person must stop their sins. As long as a person sins, they are under the law, but when a person stops their sins, they are no longer under the law, because their is no law against righteousness, there are only laws against sin.

15What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
16Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

So who are you a servant of, the devil which promotes sin, or the Creator that promotes righteousness. Whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness

17But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
18Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

A servant of righteousness doesn't sin, but a servant of sin does sin. And those that trod to be servants of righteousness and remove sin and have faith that the Most High will remove their sin, they will remove sin and become servants of righteousness.

19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.
20For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.

-------------------------------------------
21What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.
22But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.
23For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Do you see who are the servants of God, it is those who are free from sin. Those that yield their members servants to righteousness unto holiness, not those that have yielded their members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 7/20/2006 1:44:22 AM

Gideon, you said
---------------------------------
Ark, shut up til you directly answer the questions in that last post. That goes for others who have ridiculed me over two and a half years for saying these things.
---------------------------------

I hardly hear these words "shut up" spoken without aggressiveness, the only other time is when a person is joking around, and I know you weren't joking. So now that I have shut up and answered your questions in the previous post, I will respond to some of your other statements. And take notice, that was the one and only time that I will comply with your orders and shut up until I answer questions that you order I to answer. I will answer what I want when I want and I will not waste my time with you because I have already wasted too much time with your circles of repetitiveness. I will only respond to you when I feel it is not a waste of my time, not because of your orders.

Gideon, you said,
But the Pope and false thinking since long time pushing a different view, which is all about condmning people and forcing them into a line. It is the way of the blind mob, and it's easy to get caught up in it. But these words can be a net to pull people out from that sea of lies, cuz we show the order of reality. It's just love.

The Pope never forced people to do righteousness. The Pope speaks the same illusion as you, the only thing that is different is that they don't just tell people that their belief in Jesus Christ will save them, they also tell them that their membership in the Pope's church will save them. They teach people to live in illusion and come to church every sunday to ask for forgiveness. They call it repenting but it is not repenting because repenting means to turn away from evil, but they say that asking for forgiveness is repenting.

Gideon, if what you think is truth to you, then believe it. It looks more like illusion to me so I speak what I speak. You say you talk about "the beauty of the life of Christ, and his ministry." If you love Christ so much, then why don't you speak of the teachings of Christ and how he said that it wasn't enough to just resist evil actions, but we must also resist evil thoughts, so that sin and temptation has no more effect. And why don't you speak about how Christ said:

John 8
43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.
46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?
47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

John 14
12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

John 14
21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

Matthew 7
24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

The Pope also speaks of the beauty of Christ, convincing his followers to just admire Christ and not Live the way Christ Lives.

I say it is better to Live by the example of Christ and be Perfect as the Creator is Perfect.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: gideon Sent: 7/20/2006 8:23:41 PM

If you're not perfect then you make mistakes. Sin means mistake. Mistake means sin. That's the meaning of the word. Of course you can claim that there is another meaning for sin, too. Then fit it together so your statements work. But the inventions have to stop sometime.
Grace does not mean divine inspiration. You probably read someone saying that by grace God gives us divine inspiration. All that means is that God is doing a gracious thing when he gives us insipiration. Grace simply means that a thing is undeserved, unmerited, unearned. Of course you have to make up a new definition of grace to avoid the whole message of the new testament (and the old too, by the way.

The bible is about the story of redemption, which is based on sin and grace. So if you change the meanings of those two words you can make it mean whatever you want. But of course there will be holes where you will have to make blatantly wrong claims.

I showed one hole in your thinking wrt the bible in John where Jesus defined sin as "not believing in me". You have a strange interpretation of those words that goes against the common sense meaning. You are forced to invent this to make the text sound the way you want it to.
A second hole came up with Romans 7, the verse I quoted earlier. Paul says clearly that a believer that sins is not guilty, responsible, accountable, or condemned for his actions, because they are not really his. I was referring to your entire theory when I asked about that quote. It breaks down your whole thinking, so you have to accept your error, or say the bible was tampered with, or switch up the meaning of words again and say they mean something other than what they say. My interpretation, if you would call it that, is exactly what anyone who can read at an eighth grade level would tell you it means. Same for when Jesus said sinning is not believing in him. But your interpretations are counterintuitive, for a reason. Cuz you made it up to support your preconceived convictions.

Ark, I notice that other people are finally beginning to say the things that I have been saying for a while. They are saying things like, "there is no right and wrong", which you cannot take. So you pick on me in the typical divide and conquer routine. Why don't you directly address those issues. They are the root concern here.

Wait, so if I was deceptive, you were my co-conspirator? Was that a sin when you did that? You're funny, man.
Look, it's just a name. It's obvious that you are caught up in the ego way of thinking, that values people according to what they do and say. You have made no apologies for that. It's the way you think. That's why you think it's such a big deal when I change my name. You are a real tight-ass. Rasta is about freeing up bro, not getting more tight. The important thing about my posts is the message, not the person. I don't care for praise and condemnation doesn't mean anything to me either, except insofar as it shows the state of mankind. Personally it doesn't affect me either way so I change my name and don't care.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 7/21/2006 12:57:58 AM

I didn't make up that definition of grace. It is not a new definition, it is only one that is not spoken of much any more, if you look around you will find it. It was obvious to I that, that was the definition of grace, I only needed to read the scriptures to know that. After I saw it in the scriptures, I researched the definitions of grace and that is one of them.

Yes it's true, more and more people say there is no right and wrong. People are trying to forget what Christ taught them. In old times, Christ removed the cloak of their sin, so they couldn't pretend their sin wasn't there, so they were found guilty, they couldn't say they didn't know because Christ showed them the truth, and they hated Him for that. They enjoyed their cloak that hid the sin, it made it much easier to sin.

---------------------
John 15

22If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloak for their sin.
23He that hateth me hateth my Father also.
24If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.
25But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.
---------------------

It didn't take much time after Christ left them that they found another cloak, it is nothing new. The cloak is just getting thicker and thicker.

When He sacrificed himself at Golgotha for the atonement of our sin, He prayed with His last breath for the forgiveness of those who had tortured Him saying, 'Father, forgive them for they know not what they do'. Shame on those of us who are Christians and do not follow the way of the Savior of the World, whose life was filled with kindness, humility, and martyrdom! If we lived by the laws he gave us and were worthy of being called Christian, peace would have reigned on this earth.

Men were supposed to be the equals of the living angels who unceasingly sang praises before the eternal God. Had this been so, peoples of the world would not have been divided along lines of enmity.

Words of the Most High RasTafarI Haile Selassie I

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 7/21/2006 5:46:17 AM

How about a little less Paul, and a lot more James.

What about Africa now? Enough scripture debate. Where is His Majesty in this? How does this foward the progress of African people?

Ethiopia is calling....

Haile Selassie I First

Messenger: White dread Sent: 7/21/2006 10:13:30 AM

Ethiopia is calling?

Dem just went fi war with somalië

Freedom mi ah call

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 7/21/2006 10:35:13 AM

Actually Ethiopia is defending Somalia against invading forces.

At some point humans will have to accept the truth of the matter.
At some point comparing history books will be a stimulating past time.
At some point intellects will rule the world.

Everything is the same thing, there is only one thing.

What works is the right thing
What does not work is the wrong thing
period

There is no country to save
There is no counrty to damn
There are only two races, humans and mankind
We are all ethnically mixed

We all have the same history, all of our ancestors were there
If you want to worry about time choose tomorow
worrying about yesterday is a waste of time
It's already TODAY

Winners write history
Losers are absorbed or destroyed
Every revolution changes the ruling class
When the strong survive, the weak suffer
When the weak survive, the strong suffer
Find a happy medium.

Messenger: Dread Lion Sent: 7/21/2006 12:41:37 PM

RASPECT

Ark I and gideon, do each of you accept the Bible as the inerrant Word of God? Infallible, perfect and complete?

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 7/21/2006 2:10:27 PM

Why are non Jamaicans speaking patio's? If Rastafari started in England would ones be speaking in an English accent?

AFRICA AFRICA AFRICA NOW!

Messenger: Dread Lion Sent: 7/21/2006 2:30:04 PM

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 32

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I