Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1536&start_row=1

Why is Babylon against the DA VINCI CODE

1 - 9
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Eshmealpablo Sent: 7/3/2006 1:09:13 PM

Messenger: zionI Sent: 7/3/2006 1:34:03 PM

Babylon is corruption of mind, soul and body. I should think it loves Davinci's Code.

Ras Tafari is Livication to the Teachings of the Black Christ.

InI respect all righteous thought and downstroy all weak-heart concepts- including secret fraternities and the like designed to "take Jah children for a ride".

The mysteries of Jah are hidden from all men. Follow HIM's teachings.

Give Thanks

Messenger: Dread Lion Sent: 7/3/2006 3:52:33 PM

In Iman opinion the most important thing about "The DaVinci Code" is that it makes clear that the "official" story and interpretation of Jesus that we have today is just one of the many different Christianities that emerged between the crucifixion and the ratification of the Roman Emperor Constantine's Nicean Creed, which defined Christianity as we know it today.

Jesus and Mary Magdelene having a baby is highly improbable, BUT so is virgin birth, the Trinity and eternal damnation for non-Christians.

A long time ago I decided that I could and would be a spiritual man and live an upright life with clean hands and a pure heart WITHOUT saying I believe things that I do not, WITHOUT ignoring the contrdictions, inconsistencies, unsubstantiated claims and hypocracies of mainstream theologies.

Cultures outside of the three Abrahamic traditions have not confused their history with their mythology and consequently they have not been so eager to kill and condemn in the name of their gods.

As long as people have proclaimed the existence of YHWH, the God of Israel, as the One True God people have been stealing, torturing and killing in His Name. Rather than adhering blindly to doctrines which teach that there is a jealous God, who must be feared and who plays favorites and allows an evil enemy to hold sway over His creation, who requires blood sacrifice to atone for the sins of His favored people, who will condemn a large proportion of humanity to eternal damnation, who requires that His followers make war, who reveals Himself through various books which we need church authorities to identify and interpret for us, Iman choose to wake up and live, to read Truth from the Book of Life and embrace Inity over division.

What does it profit InI to focus on all of the shortcomings of everyone around us, if ones can't abide peacefully on this forum amongst Rastas without all the Fyah and Yudgement, how do they get on living day by day in Babylon? One could avoid looking at ones own faults and shortcomings forever by deluding oneself into believing it is ones responsibility burn fyah pon every iniquity (usually without doing anything to actually correct the wrong).

For I, JAH is Iniversal Love, the One Desiny of All Imanity, the Door to One Perfect Love, INITY.

In I opinion, all dem Rasses who live Fyah dis and Fyah 'pon dat, judgement and condemnation, should remove the plank from dem own eye before presuming to do Jah's housecleaning. True the wicked must be called to account, but that is for JAH to do. Let InI feed the hungry, clothe the naked, nourish the sick, protect InI elders and care for InI youth. Let Babylon know InI are Rasta by InI LOVE.

What do the I's think?:
Can one be a true Child of the Almighty without buying into the questionable authoritarian dictates of a specific theology? Is Rastafari a Livity or a Doctrine?

ONE PERFECT LOVE SHALL OPEN JAH DOOR

Messenger: Rasta Rob Sent: 7/3/2006 4:18:50 PM

A livity for sure and i agree with the I completly but still with the guidence of HIS Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie to remind I of what universal Love truly is... or the I could just follow the loving spirit within I and I. (but most are not aware of this spirit, so one follows ones own human instinct to cause sin) Seen? It made sense in I mind...

"In I opinion, all dem Rasses who live Fyah dis and Fyah 'pon dat, judgement and condemnation, should remove the plank from dem own eye before presuming to do Jah's housecleaning. True the wicked must be called to account, but that is for JAH to do. Let InI feed the hungry, clothe the naked, nourish the sick, protect InI elders and care for InI youth. Let Babylon know InI are Rasta by InI LOVE."

Very true and Wise words

JAH BLESS ALL WITH LOVE

Messenger: zionI Sent: 7/3/2006 6:19:52 PM

"In I opinion, all dem Rasses who live Fyah dis and Fyah 'pon dat, judgement and condemnation, should remove the plank from dem own eye before presuming to do Jah's housecleaning. True the wicked must be called to account, but that is for JAH to do. Let InI feed the hungry, clothe the naked, nourish the sick, protect InI elders and care for InI youth. Let Babylon know InI are Rasta by InI LOVE."

Seen. Truth spoken bredrin.

But InI live in times of many lies and confusions. This topic has been reasoned before, but in I mind, "discernment" as opposed to "judgment" is necessary. If InI are sitting in InI Father's house and see some man or woman come in spreading and perpetuating lies and deceipt in InI midst; what are InI to do? Love them and hope Jah will take care of them? Jah works through His children. If you see it, don't you have the responsibility to at least "say something?"

The world is on fire, whether InI burn fire on injustice and lies or not. Word, sound power...; speak up, let Babywrong know its wrong....EVERY TIME

"Throughout history it has been the inaction of those who could have acted, the indifference of those who should have known better, the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most, that has made it possible for evil to triumph." His Imperial Majesty

Jah Ras Tafari

Messenger: Dread Lion Sent: 7/3/2006 7:08:24 PM

**what are InI to do? Love them and hope Jah will take care of them? Jah works through His children. If you see it, don't you have the responsibility to at least "say something?"**

"Let him who is without sin cast the first stone"

Just my opinion of course;

The I's insight concerning Discernment as opposed to Judgement is beautiful wisemind

Yes, love them (remember Jesus' lesson on the subject)

Jah WILL take care of them, done.

Yes InI do have a responsibility to do right, and if saying something is the right thing to do then do it, as would His Majesty or the Christ.

I was refering to intolerence; ones whose primary focus seems to be acting as Jah Righteous Judge on Earth, burnin down everyone and everything that one disagrees with. It is easy to find those who are quick to verbally lash out at even fellow Rastas who have a slightly different overstanding and slow to show loving-kindness as exemplified by Jesus and InI Own Ivine Majesty.

Never back down when confronting wickedness, neither forget what it is you are doing and why. Just don't lose sight of the fact that the aim is to increase the peace not punish, seen? Jesus made it clear when and whom should cast the first stone.

Hating the hater just makes more hatred, is this InI purpose? NO

May the words of I mouth and the Iditations of I heart be acceptable unto JAH

Messenger: zionI Sent: 7/3/2006 10:07:44 PM

Rastaful Bredrin I,

Sight.

One Love

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 7/4/2006 1:52:33 AM

Dan Brown admitted that this book was fiction when he first wrote the book. For some odd reason people seem to think that this book is pure facts.

And Babylon doesn't fight the Da Vinci code, they just made a movie with it and the book is making a fortune and I bet theres going to be a TV series next to boot. This story is brainwashing people.

Straight up, this book doesn't hold true to what His Majesty I says.

Messenger: penny Sent: 7/10/2006 1:51:32 PM

first of all dan brown said that the plot in his book was fiction however, the art work was based on historical facts. i dont understand why it would be so wrong to some if he jesus/yeshua was married. who would it hurt? The christians base their whole belief system in a characterer(jesus)that someone made up. Jesus was a victim of mistaken identity. the miricles the magic, all made up to promote someone elses power. shame on man! Yeshua was a spiritual man/leader but thats it. Oh and mary magdelene was not a prostitute.. that misconception was corrected by the church.

1 - 9

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I