Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1507&start_row=1

Lillith

1 - 6
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: White dread Sent: 6/10/2006 9:59:22 PM

Did any one ever heard of lillith, some people claim it was the first wife of adam.

http://www.pantheon.org/articles/l/lilith.html

One Love

Messenger: Dread Lion Sent: 6/11/2006 3:35:58 PM

Yes I
She originated in Jewish tradition (esp. The Zohar). Drawn from the lili, female demons from Mesopotamian demonology, rabbis read Lilith into scripture as Adam's 1st wife, temptress-demon and mother of Cain.

Messenger: rootz Sent: 4/4/2009 7:25:23 AM

bless,

i thought i should bring this topic back as, coincidentially, i recently started doing research on her when i just now stumbled upon this thread. there are two times actually where Jah talks bout irating mankind. in chapter one, i think(i don't've my bible right now) Jah said 'now lets make man in our image, male and female..' and that's where most people say that's where adam and lilith were irated. she was supposedly irated to willingly 'submit' to the man but she was sort of rebelious and.. i can't remember where she was taken, apparently.. sorry i'll try remember..

apparently those texts were removed from the bible but that little clue, i mentioned above, still remains.

in chapter two that's when eve, the second wife of adam, was irated from his rib and in that way, i guess, she had no choice, sort of, but to submit to adam as she came from him! input please?!?

RootsTafari

Messenger: rootz Sent: 4/4/2009 7:28:54 AM

i just now finished reading the website dat dread lion pasted and, yeah, what i have so far is almost the same thing as that which is talked bout here..

RootsTafari

Messenger: rootz Sent: 4/4/2009 7:50:00 AM

oh yeah, i remember. apparently she left adam, yes as the site says, and Jah said something about having to give up like a thousand of her children if she wanted to cut ties with adam. again that's..

RootsTafari

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 4/5/2009 6:42:22 PM

1 - 6

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I