Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1481&start_row=1

jes us and not geezus, j jes,us ne,gus

1 - 4
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: I Selahssie i son Sent: 5/25/2006 11:35:06 AM

Most people called the word jes us,gee,zus and the man name begin with a j.The black jes,us christ rastafari and not no white gee,zus drawn by leanardo divinchi.An European can not be an African,they a show white man and he was a black man.king james betrayed our african bible with he translation.there is no j in hebrew or greek for true but they is a j in they english,i talk english so i say jes,us christ haile i selahssie i! if there wasn't a (j)stop say jah then,as a king man u no fe fight against this sayings u know.Jah give to all liberally. jah rastafari!

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 5/25/2006 5:00:22 PM

Yes Bredren, but its just semantics, the end result is that no one will be condemed for pronunciation. Lets foward, we know these things.

Messenger: I'n'I mloyi Sent: 6/1/2006 10:57:03 AM

The word geezus (giza) in kiswahili language is darkness which i heard many preachers use. do they mean it.

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 6/1/2006 3:42:07 PM

That may be true. But what I'm getting at is that Jah isn't condeming souls because of wrong pronunciation. There are some who can't speak period. This stuff is silly and its not uplifting. Yes in the English language its pronounced, "Jes-us" but if you want to be really technical there is no J sound in Hebrew.

Foward Ever Backward never

1 - 4

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I