Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1466&start_row=1

Self-Righteousness

1 - 8
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: zionI Sent: 5/13/2006 3:10:48 PM

I have found that those with the littlest to say speak the most and those with the most to say speak the least.

What is the difference between self-righteousness and righteousness?

Humbly,

Zion

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 5/13/2006 4:55:13 PM

Righteousness is living righteously.

Self-Righteousness is thinking that you live righteously.

Somebody can actually live righteously and be self-righteous. But usually sef-righteousness is used to refer to people that think they live righteously, but they really don't.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 5/13/2006 5:59:06 PM

A righteous person is always righteous
A self righteous person might be righteous to an extent but what is rightousness without humility? A humble person could never be selfrighteous
For the humble rastaman will say Let the words of I mouth and the meditation of i heart be acceptable in thy sight oh Jah.
But the self righteous, by definition, has already assumed that he is accepted.
I Opinion

Haile I Jah Rastafari

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 5/13/2006 6:04:13 PM

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 5/14/2006 7:51:28 AM

Blessed

Zion I this is a very old conclusion. A biblical wisdom.

To me the difference between self-righteous and righteous is if you are humble or arrogant. Self-righteousness is Pharasee biz. But in my view this has nothing todo with the catholic doctrine which says that you can only be righteous through Jesus' grace and not through your own works which is self-righteous. Is not my Body the temple of the Living God and everything I do in HIM?

Selah

Messenger: Irey Iditation Sent: 5/15/2006 10:54:02 AM

greetings to all I's,

i hope eryone is havin a blessed day.

truth bredren, truth. Bein humble.

but the way i seein it is that ydont haffi be announcin it, ini's righteousness that is. if ini righteous in ini's daily livity, deris no reason to announce it i feel. if ybe livin how the Ible states a righteous lifestyle, then live it man! Jah Ras Tafari! give thanks for bein able to see clerity throughout. ave a blessed and peaceful day.

praise and thanks
Jah Ras Tafari, Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 5/15/2006 9:05:49 PM

Righteousness concerns itself with the whole, all that is, all that was and all that could be in the future.
Self-Rightiousness conerns itself only with self or self preservation.

Neither one is good or bad alone.

One can be self-rightious without taking advantage of others by taking care of self and allowing others to do the same. However you must put self-rightiousness together with humility to achieve this, otherwise it turns into greed.
Rightiousness without humility becomes vanity when pride takes over judgment. When one believes they know what is best for others and refuses to accept outside information that does not match one's own ideas. In this way a person can have good intentions and wicked ways.

Messenger: RasEmpressGong Sent: 5/15/2006 11:49:19 PM

Blessed

Give thanks for the words spoken here. One needs a reminder every now and again. :)

Rastafari
EmpressGong

1 - 8

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I