Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1461&start_row=21

prince emanuel edwards is not the christ

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 35
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: gideon Sent: 5/12/2006 3:07:05 PM

Nice words, Ark.
Only thing I can add is, you cannot work towards changing your faith and choices. Work gets you nowhere. Faith is the source that brings works, not work. Work is not a real thing, it is illusion.
Only Jah can give faith. What I and I require is not to work, but to receive more guidance. There is nothing we can do to help ourselves in this matter. Only Jah can guide I and I.
Do not rely on work in any way. BE STILL, and know that I am Lord.
Seen?
I couldn't tell from what you said if you know this or not, so I am stating it clearly, to make the words more complete. And if it is needful to reason more we can do so.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 5/12/2006 4:46:06 PM

Maybe work was the wrong word to use. To explain what I meant by example. I Faith has always been increasing, but when I made a conscious choice to resist doubt and increase I Faith and put I effort and concentration towards this, it increased more rapidly and I Faith became much stronger and I choices became much better.

I called this work, but whatever you want to call it. What I describe in the previous paragraph is what I did and I saw the fruits of I actions.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: zionI Sent: 5/13/2006 5:52:43 PM

These are some thougts from a bredrin/sistrin Iman sighted on this Babylonnet:

"I-n-I, Ras Tafari, have accepted the division of I-n-I into separate houses/mansions, as the natural order of I-n-I nature to interpret and express Iselves as individual sons and dawtas of the Most High, however, I-n-I can no longer deny the need to put away the foolish dogma and doctrines that plague our 'special' houses and serve to perpetuate the will of the pope, by dividing I-n-I no different than all the religions of the world have separated God's children. I-n-I disputes have been fostered and nurtured by little devils that I-n-I have permitted entrance into to our assemblies. Over zealous fanatics, blazing fiyah on all differences yet building no foundations for I-n-I youth to seek shelter. I-n-I are living in horrific times, while the world is crumbling at our feet, yet instead of trampling the pagans in their mire, I-n-I keep up the feuds that have deterred I-n-I progress from time immorial. Fiyah bun dat! For that reason Info-Ghana.com has opted to do away with featuring individual houses of Ras Tafari. Instead we feature Rases that have come together from the various houses, in spite their differences, accepting the challenge to purge the folly that has become doctrine and common place in the various houses. Most importantly, accepting the work assigned to I-n-I, Ras Tafari, in this time. Laying the foundations for the coming Kingdom. Ras Tafari.

Stayed tuned, links will be made available to various Rases in the land who chant Ras Tafari and whose works are evident."

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 5/13/2006 11:42:21 PM

Gideon,

Could you please explain. Are you suggesting that A person cannot gain faith by self-effort and understanding and simple acceptance?

However you do believe in good deeds, if i understand correctly, since you wrote that faith creates works?

Do you have any thoughts on choices? We make choices good or bad etc.

I always like reasoning with the I, as well of course as with anyone on this beautiful sight. Much love and respect.

Blessings
Bergy

Messenger: moksi jerry Sent: 5/14/2006 9:08:09 AM

to dreadnut i dont need to call the congres and i will not shut up because jou say so.jou did not have to reply to my last message but still jou did.jou are fighting me because i dont share jour beliefs.i am not against bobo i am against someone calling himself christ only Haille Selassie to me is the black christ in flesh.this is my personal belief and its my right.cant jou get it?jour so quicly offended just like a moslem fanatic.as i stated before belief what jou want and i will do the same.we can take it as far as jou want,it was not me who started to use bad language .if jou want to fight with me on this site bring it on!no peace in babylon!!

Messenger: gideon Sent: 5/14/2006 10:14:31 AM

A man cannot save himself by his own power. That is basic, and logically clear. If he had the power to save himself then he would not need saving. If he is not perfect, or wholly developed and realized, then he can be saved only from the power of Jah. Jah acts within that person, but the power does not belong to that person. The power of salvation does not come from within that person.

So, understanding that principle, we can look at the efforts of people to get closer to Jah.

Jah does things without effort. And it is only when we relax and let Jah do something that it can get done. If you are relying on anything else, like yourself, to get something done, then you cannot be relying on Jah. And it will not work out for you. We can ask Jah, and by faith we can declare a thing, but that is not the same as doing something.
If you are expending effort, then it is clear that you are not fully within Jah guidance, because he does not expend any effort. The effort is not power, but it is the way an imperfect person feels when he witnesses God's power in action.

It is easy to misinterpret what is taking place if you have knowledge. Most of us learn to imagine that the correlation of effort with progress indicates a causative relationship, but it is not so.

Messenger: gideon Sent: 5/14/2006 2:47:01 PM

I was just rereading Bergy comments, and I didn't really address it fully before, in a way.
"Are you suggesting that A person cannot gain faith by self-effort and understanding and simple acceptance?"
I am saying that faith, understanding and acceptance are not in any way the result of effort, nor are good works. Only I am the creator, not flesh or ego. Do you know the meaning of the word "pope" in patois? It refers to the ego-based teaching that I am refuting here. It refers to a spiritual state of reliance and belief in the experience of ego as the source of life.
Pope means gatecrasher, like at a party, so that should explain the metaphor.

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 5/14/2006 10:25:19 PM

Gideon,

when i am using the word self-effort, i do not necessarily mean physical effort. when the light awakens in us and we step out of the darkness then we have faith, no? this is how i see it. however, i do believe that we are making choices every day, they originate in our heads of course and there we will make our choice in the light of jah. it is hard to see with that background how anyone in the light of jah can make any other choice then the obvious right one, but then there isnt really the other choice, we just created it by not going with what we already know to be true

Blessings to all
Bergy

Messenger: gideon Sent: 5/15/2006 10:21:29 AM

"when i am using the word self-effort, i do not necessarily mean physical effort. when the light awakens in us and we step out of the darkness then we have faith"

If you mean that progress can only come about through that person, you are right. If you think that it comes from that person, you are mistaken. We have partial power, so our duty is to do our part, but we cannot rely on what we do, because we only have partial power. Only a wholly developed soul has complete power. When we realize our completeness, we will have all power, and so it will be all about what we do, with no other assistance.
Choices are about what we will support, not about doing something. We do not have the power to do anything. Even Selassie said that by the way, when he said that a person can start a project but not complete without God. What is the start of a project? It is when you decide (choose) that this is the way you want to support. It is all a process of reasoning with, communion with, learning about God, for the purpose of education and glory. That's what life is about.
I am not saying this by way of disagreeing with anything anyone has said, or correcting anyone. I just want it to be stated clearly so that it will have beed stated clearly - not because I think you don't know. But if anyone doesn't know, then that's another good side of saying it.

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 5/15/2006 9:29:26 PM

thanks Gideon,

I think I am on the same page now. I am aware about what HIM said with regard to starting a task and not being able to finish alone, I believe this to be true.

Bergy

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 35

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I