Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1458&start_row=61

Man of Right is God in Flesh

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 88
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 5/15/2006 10:31:09 PM

Black it up Empress! Let them have it! Teach them teach them!

BLACKNESS!!

Messenger: gideon Sent: 5/15/2006 10:37:46 PM

Assimilation is a totally different concept from what I am talking about. I do value heritage and history, and I fully respect the fact that every person has a unique ancestry and culture.
It's like telling the same story in millions of different ways. Each twist and turn is special, and should never be forgotten. No part of any person's struggle and heritage is unimportant.
Your past is a part of who you are, but to make it an excuse for divisive thinking is a mistake. Your parents and all your forefathers, and all the people they knew and loved, are a part of your experience. It is the same for every one of us. But you have to understand this relationship from the beginning. If you start in the middle, you start at a place where we are divided and the single root is not seen. Always start at the beginning. Like the bible.
In the beginning was the word. One.
Black, White and so on are fine, so long as you never imagine that the differences start from the root. They do not.
It's an easy mistake to make, and we make the same mistake all the time, in so many different ways.

To assimilate would be to forget the differences. That would be destructive and hateful. We need to celebrate life from the root. Then the differences no longer divide us, but they affirm our sameness on a deeper level.

Nzingha took the discussion out of context. Remember that we were talking about who are God's people. Somebody thinks that skin colour is a sign of favour with God, on the level of who is God's people and who is not. That's what I was responding to when I said that differences are superficial. Obviously the differences are not superficial on other levels, but all I am saying is that there is no reason to think that God loves different colour skin people differently. Also, there is every reason to think that God loves us all the same, and that we are all his children.
Somebody saw real differences in culture and so on, and assumed wrongly that those differences indicated a difference on the level of the soul. So I said that from the perspective of the soul, physical and cultural differences are superficial. That's all. Who doesn't know that?

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 5/15/2006 10:49:20 PM

"i would never try to argue that someone shoudlnt be proud of their (which is ultimately our) heritage, roots etc, if you go back to the beginning then there is only us without division."

In the begining we were all Black (not brown, not a mixture of colors, but actually black). You can't take away something from somebody, make it public domain and call it even. That is not justice. You have to give it back. You can't decide that everyone should have it if it is not yours to give away.

For instance:
A man and his son go out fishing. They come back, clean the fish and carry it home. While they are asleep, his neighbor comes and takes the fish. The next day, finding the fish gone the father send his son to the market to buy fish to replace the ones that are missing. He buys what he can afford and takes it to his father. When he gets the fish home his father realizes that this is the fish he caught the day before and asks his son where he bought them. Later that day the neighbor comes home and the man ask him to return the fish but they have already been sold. The father asks for the money. The neighbors tells the man that the sea is full of fish but if he gives him the money then his children will starve. So the father, wanting fish rather than money anyway, goes home eats the fish and goes to bed.
The next morning there is a line outside his neighbors door. Everybody who ate the fish loved it so much they couldn't wait for the market to open up. Having no fish to sell and no way to get any, the neighbor tells the crowd to follow the man and his son whenever they go fishing.
Now everytime the man and his son go fishing they have to fight for a spot in the crowd, they can't catch more than a few fish because of the noise and the waters run dirty from the waste the people leave behind. What fish they do catch people fight over or steal and nobody remembers why. Eventually the man stops trying to fish and moves away from the town. His son opens a store selling his catch to the highest bidder. The two rarely visit and have little to say when they do. Eventually the son has a child of his own. He teaches him how to run the shop, how to bargin with people, how to count money and give change but he never teaches him how to fish.

The moral of the story? If everybody knows what the inventor knows, nobody would ever pay the inventor and eventually there would be no more inventors and eventually we would forget what an inventor even is.

Messenger: RasEmpressGong Sent: 5/15/2006 11:06:05 PM

Blessed

I dont really want to get into this reasoning because it really has spun off course to a debate that will never reach equal terms between the white and black people here or anywhere. Black people will never bow to anybody's pressure to think differently to how we currently do. We are the backbone of Rastafari because We Are Rastafari..so we have no apologies to make to anyone for their inability to get over what they think they know. You never really could know or feel what we do. but that does not make you any less than us, you do that all on your own.

I really came to reply to this statement:

"As Rastafari sons and daughters we overstand Yeshua to be JAH Son and Selassie I to be his Heir in terms of His spiritual Identity."

Jes-us Christ is the Son of Man...He is of Adam and the House of David only because of the Flesh.(that virgin birth crap has no merit). He is the Son of the convenant. Selassie I returned to fulfil prophecy and sit on HIS Throne. EH is the I AM in flesh and is of the same House because He is the House. But he is not an Heir to Jes-us. HE IS the Elect of HIMself. They are of the same. They are One. But Selassie I is heir to no one.

Thats all I gotta say.
EmpressGong

Messenger: gideon Sent: 5/16/2006 12:01:07 AM

How can you know what someone else feels like?
How can you know that you are the inventor and someone else isn't?

If you're dancing to a beat and feeling the music, how can you tell that someone else can't feel the music like you can, just from watching the way they dance?

You don't have a clue the things that white people have gone through in the past. You only see the slavery perpetrated on blacks by whites, but you forget that slavery was already a part of the european system before that.
If white people seem strange it's because they are different, but you're making them into something between a human and an animal. These are real, beautiful people who have a lot to contribute if you'll only give them and yourself a chance. I know they seem stiff, fake, and so on. I honestly believe you'd be the same way if it was you. There is so much brainwashing and selfhatred in the white culture, they should be praised for even surviving.
All you people are doing is despising people who are poorer than you. And I have to say, black culture is beautiful, and black people are strong and great compared to other races. I know this well. All that is not the point. Your wonderful personal experience of being black is not the point. We're talking about something different.
The problems with white people and other people do not stem from who they are , but from their history. They are at a certain place in the struggle for self-realization. You are in a different place, in the same struggle. If you reject them then you are really rejecting yourself too. Love springs from a place deeper than any of the differences that exist.
It feels like we're different, I know. When a black person gets caught up in a rhythm, it seems like the white person and other races cannot ever know about that experience. A black congregation is like no other - with so much life and colour. But that doesn't mean that we're different. It just means we are in a different place.
We all know there's black people who don't feel the vibes as good as other black people usually do, or at least it seems so. But you just can't go about classifying people. It is pure hatred. I am not saying this by way of accusation, saying that you are hateful because you think that way. I just mean it is a hateful way of thinking - nothing personal against anyone who feels that way.

Messenger: RasEmpressGong Sent: 5/16/2006 12:13:20 AM

Blessed

I guess I was right when I said "but that does not make you any less than us, you do that all on your own."

I am sorry, but truth is that there is no colour blindness. colour is a reality. We are who we are..and we are variations of the One. and that's just it..VARIATIONS. If white people werent the way they were then Blacks wouldnt be the way they are..it is a fact. Both our histories are the way they are because we affected one another. So there is good and there is bad in that..why cant the truth just be swallowed?

We got the shittiest end of the stick and we can stand up and take it with strong back so why cant you? We know what you have to go through and Im sorry for the pain that Any human has to endure on this earth. but to be pitied for being weak and killing your ownself isnt not commendable. because you were the creator of this white supremacy system doesnt mean u hate urself for it and just allow it to perpetuate by running to something else.

it means that only you have the power to TRULY change it for all other peoples of other colour..it begins and ends with u. Wouldnt ya really like to help all mankind? then fix urself/ your people..the same way how we Blacks gotta clean our own selves off the corners and out of the jails and crackhouses. we arent perfect but we were strong enough to get over our situation and find out how to get there. Rastafari.

So excuse us for thinkin we have a right to claim it by its name. BLACK.

out of the darkness came the light..so if you have the information and the tools why arent u helpin your own recognise the goodness within. Economy dont maketh man nor can he live by bread alone. Let the dead bury the dead cuz that is what they are..we didnt make it that way..we were just the chattel.

nobody here is hateful. Im sorry that you feel that way! honestly! it is not our responsibility nor desire to just sit back and constantly be told what we can and cannot stand for because of who we are!

EmpressGong

Messenger: FarI-Sight Sent: 5/16/2006 8:04:25 AM

Blessed Love

I and I Black People is the Foundation of the Earth, the Cornerstone of Creation. The Earth's First Rightful Rulers. The Universe is Black, Carbon is Black, carbon make up all life, Black make up all life. The most fertile soil is black. Jesse is black as coal. Black is before everything.
The Black Man create Him self, no nation create the Black Man, He create all the nations. All the Nations are the Almighty Black Man's children who rebel against their Father and dishonour their Father.

We the Black people demand our justice from what the world has done to us.
We slave NO NATION yet all nations slave us. We bring all nations, we teach all nations, we love all nations, yet all nations brutalise adn torture us, rape us, whitewash us and steal from us.
We have done nothing to the world yet the white men came into our world and capture us put us in sardine box, do all kind of inhuman ting to us and teach us how to hate our self and lose our self through centuries of torture, injustice and slavery which is still going on today.

So give us our birth right and compensate us for all the profits earned over the brutalisation of us.

The Black Rastaman give the world love and teach them love, what they give him? a grave.
He come again and they try to kill him but he is the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords Selassie I Jah Rastafari

Blacks are the one who needs the self-upliftment and self-glory in this last judgment. All nations work for themselves, we are opressed to work for other nations.

Give us our equal rights and justice, Free Africa. Free the slave children out of the Western world. We come to build it and care for your children, now let us go home to wher you illegaly take us from. We have done nothing but goood for you, reward us with the same.

Calling upon all world heads of governement, white UN secretary genral, White Britain, White America, White Europe, to free the World of people.

Why is it the whitemen have imposed themself on all indegenous cultural nations? The whitemen rule the world in inequality and injustice, pollution and oppression. O Negus kick over Pope Paul voodoo pot and tear down the walls of Babylon for what they have done to the Black Race

Satan kingdom and all who love it must fall, Christ Kingdom of R must come, First Ruling Power, give thanks for the Man who come to clean back the earth to the natural state A Man Holy King Emmanuel 7th Adonai God Jah Rastafari
Africa for the Africans, Europe for the evil white world.
Freedom Redemption International Repatriation, John Marcus I Selassie i Jah Rastafari
Africa demand our Black Bill of Rights saith the Most I Selassie I JAh rastafari

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 5/16/2006 8:36:13 AM

For Dreadnut

White men do actually run Afrika

RSK

"Come let us deal wisely with them, lest they multiply and add on to mine enemies; let us cause them to participate in their own distruction" Minister Farrakhan, Stop the Killing Crusade

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 5/16/2006 11:51:34 AM

My best friend is white.
She doesn't claim Rasta, but she loves Bob.
She studies alot about Native American culture.
I am Black.
I am a Rasta and I love Bob.
My mother is half Native American.

White people have rhytm, it's just different, for instance Black people ususally hit the 2 and the 4, white people ususally hit the 1 and the 3.

The average white person has recieved more abuse, physical and mental, from their household, parents and/or other family members, than any other race. While many races have long traditions of spanking, they have little history of true abuse. Things such as locking a child in a closet, putting out cigarettes or cigars on a child's flesh, tying a child to something, sexual abuse, etc. it's just that most people never find out about it. Not to say that whites are the only ones, just that it happens far more often than many people would ever imagine.

Black people have a larger history of poverty than most other races. Things such as sharing a small amount of clothing between all the children of a household. Saving the greese from frying various foods (fish, chicken, etc). Food stamps, project housing, welfare, WIC, section eight, etc. and that's only Black Americans. There are also things like 4 kids in one small bed, two at the head and two at the feet. Sleeping on blankets laid out on the floor. Borrowing food from a neighbor, being hungry all the time, having utillities shut off (phone, electricity, gas) for extended periods of time. Using last years school supplies. Having a pair of shoes until they had to be taped up, long past when they fit your feet. Hand-me-downs that were hand-me-downs when the person who gave them to you got them. Not that other races don't experience these things, but it's common knowledge to most Black people.

"You don't have a clue the things that white people have gone through in the past. "

To say that I have no clue what white people have gone through is somewhat insulting and certainly ignorant based on the fact that most history books are written by whites and therefore tell the history of white people.
In fact what you should have said is that white people have done just as much to other whites; as well as Asians, Latinos, and every other race; as they have to Black people.
However, that has very little to do with my statement. At no point have I said anybody was better or worse than anybody else. I have only said that I don't want to be anything other than Black. I could honestly care less what all the other races do with/for themselves because it doesn't concern me. If white people want to renounce their whiteness and be called blue or tan or taupe or whatever, that's fine with me. Just don't tell me that I must give up Black for your comfort or to be a Rasta or to be rightious or whatever. My God made me Black. Excuse the language but fuck anybody who thinks my God is wrong, ever. If your God makes mistakes, that's on you, but my God does not have accidents.

"There is so much brainwashing and selfhatred in the white culture, they should be praised for even surviving."

Why should I praise a people for surviving themselves?
No I prasie everyone else for surviving them. I will praise them when they overcome themselves. And what makes it worthy for a people to survive when they are endangered by themselves?

If elephants started killing each other, would we say poor elephants how will they survive now? No, we would say, my goodness why are the elephants killing each other? And then we would study the elephants to find out why so that we could stop them.
Now, if those same elephants started killing everything that moved, would we say, poor elephants they need guidance? Maybe, but most likely we would start killing elephants.

"All you people are doing is despising people who are poorer than you. And I have to say, black culture is beautiful, and black people are strong and great compared to other races."

No, Black people are strong and great period. Why should we compare ourselves to other people when we were great before other people existed, we've been here the longest.
Who is poorer than we? And who are "you people"?
We didn't start the war, it was brought to our doorstep, then we were carried to the battlefield. We don't even want to fight this war, we don't see the point. No matter who wins, we still lose. We want to go back to our peaceful lives, our beautiful continent, our Black King, our simple existance. We don't really care what everybody else does, we never did, we still don't. Everybody else thinks that that is selfish because we had what they wanted and after they took it from us we still had what they wanted. And when they took that, we still had something they wanted. We can't take off our birth right. We haven't stolen Blackness from somebody, it was given to us by God. Anybody who has a problem with that has to go speak with God, we have nothing to do with it. We many not have ever been perfect, but dammit we were happy and we were free. Now were are beaten and cursed and demeaned because nobody can take from us what they really want, to have this Blackness for themselves. So they call us racist, but how can that be true? We didn't go out and change the world, the world came and changed us. They call us stupid, but how can that be true? We invented the arts and sciences in KMT, thousands of years before the Greeks had philosophers.

Jealousy is a terrible thing. Stop it. Stop trying to guilt Black people back into submission. Think about it, who can run Black people except Black people? Why would you want to? Why can't you just leave us alone and let us be happy and free. It was not until Rasta allowed white people in that we had so many problems. Nobody argued Blackness because we were all Black. Nobody argued the movement, because that's what we had joined. White people get a privilage and want to bite the hand, what if the hand takes back it's food.
When was the last time you saw a Black Mormon?
If you did see one, do you think they would argue the color of Joseph Smith?
Why can't white people just accept what is being offered without trying to tear it appart? Why can't they accept the same message that was given to my father and his Idren? Why can't they understand that Rasta is not the world, it is Rasta. Why must they refuse to leave and refuse to accept what's here at the same time? Can't they understand that this is exactly why so many Black people consider white people the devil?
Sigh. My trod is too heavy for you to ride on my back. Walk your own road.

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 5/16/2006 1:16:11 PM

Ras Sistren Khamyl,

Yes I sistren, I know that white men run Africa, right now as far as money, food, and natural resources are concerned the white man runs everywhere.

My point was to ask these people if they themselves would elect a white man to run Africa and think that it was right to have a white guy ruling a land of Black people.

No one answered this question. I wonder why. Would you let a white man run Africa? Anyone knows that this answer is no, anyone who says yes is supporting colonialism and not giving the people WHAT INI RASTAFARI IS DEMANDING WHICH IS LOVE AND UNITY OF BLACK PEOPLE AND SELF RELIANCE, SELF RELIANCE! NATIONS MUST DEPEND UPON THEMSELVES AND NOT OTHER NATIONS. This is the vision that Marcus Garvey had, self reliance Black People!

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 88

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I