Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1458&start_row=51

Man of Right is God in Flesh

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 88
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 5/14/2006 9:33:34 PM

Yeah, its not the reasoning that gets I vex, its the watering down of Rastafari, which is being done right here in front of you.

I AM GOING TO SAY THIS ONE LAST TIME AND IF YOU MISS IT THEN YOUR BLIND.

BLACK SUPREMACY STANDS FOR EQUALITY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL RACES! BUT LIBERATION OF AFRICA AND ITS INHABITANTS AT HOME AND ABROAD IS RASTAFARIS FIRST AD FOREMOST GOAL.

ABOVE ALL THINGS, RASTAFARI IS THE LOVE AND UNITY OF BLACK PEOPLE.

AND I DON'T LIKE SEEING PEOPLE WHITE WASHING THE KINGS WORDS, FYAH BUN THAT! AND I GET ANGRY, AND SO DO YOU. JUST BECAUSE INI ARE RASTAFARI'S DOES NOT MEAN WE ARE EXEMPT FROM LIFES DIFFICULTIES AND PROBLEMS.

I'M DONE, NYAH YOU GIVE THEM WHAT THEY NEED IF YOU FEEL ITS RIGHT, I'M THROUGH WITH IT.

BREDREN NYAH, I KNOW I SHOULDN'T BE SO VEX, BUT MAN, WHAT DO INI DO WITH THIS STUFF. I FEEL LIKE INI TALKING TO BRICK WALLS. THEY DON'T GET IT!

LET THE DEAD BURY THE DEAD!

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 5/14/2006 9:47:16 PM

You know, I didn't want to but I'm dying to ask.

If white and black skin color makes no difference I beg the I's answer these questions.

Would you ever paint a picture of a white Martin Luther King?

Would you ever paint a picture of a white Malcom X?

Would you ever paint a picture of a white Marcus Garvey?

Would you ever paint a picture of a white Haile Selassie?

Would you ever paint a picture of a white Fredrick Douglas?

Would you ever paint a picture of a white Jesus?

Or how about

Would you ever paint a picture of a Black Hitler?

Would you ever paint a picture of a Black Mussolini?

Would you ever paint a picture of a Black George Bush?

And this is my favorite question,

WOULD YOU EVER LET A WHITE MAN RUN AFRICA?

IF YOUR ANSWER IS YES THEN YOU HAVE A REAL PROBLEM. AFRICA IS BLACK, NO APOLOGIES.

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 5/14/2006 10:12:41 PM

We are all One. I do not like any divisions between people if they create any sort of superior inferior relationship. If people say black supremacy, and if you mean to change the definition (to what is to be understood when said white supremacy), and the definition you try to explain means, for example: the black way (way as another word for supremacy) is the superior way, and you mean something like how to live and treat each other and the true word etc then i fully agree with it. but if supremacy refers plainly to saying that someone is superior simply due to the color of their skin (in any type of skin) then I must say no.
I fully believe that HIM teachings are superior to teachings of other "so-called" spiritual leaders. But then that is given since it is HIM teaching.

Much Love

Bergy

i do not need to tell anyone about me, it is clear to see who i am and where i am from. seen? no need to talk about color for i do not use labels and will not let anyone put one on me, it doesnt get anywhere.

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 5/14/2006 11:17:33 PM

You didn't answer the question.

You don't call it black, you call it African?

Is their really a difference, because if its not whites hating blacks, then it just Europeans hating Africans, so it remains the same. I'm tired of people spliting hairs, I could call it a coconut and mango, but it the hate that remains that is the problem. Seeing color of people, Black and White, is not the crime. The crime is commited when the person is judged for it, whether it be "positive" or negative. And what I mean by positive is for instance if you decided to like someome better because they are black or white, that is also racism, becauses it places races below one another.

Thats why His Majestys speech doesn't cut out the seeing of skin color, it cuts out the decision to be partial about it.

He said, "Until the color of a mans skin is no more SIGNIFICANT, than the color of his eye,". Significant in what? WHAT DO YOU THINK THAT THIS MEANS? It means that until the color of a mans skin is no more significant in judgement! It does not mean that Black isn;t Black. You can call it African, but whatever, thats hair splitting semantics which is stupid anyway, because the words white and black weren't the deciding factors of the worlds wars in history. Black encompases all of Africa, in its culture, in its history, in its people, in its God.

InI the Rastafari know what Black Supremacy stand for. And all you who mock, why is it that the Elders in any mansion who is living by this Order, but still treat whites as equals? If the Nyahbinghi house and the Bobo House talk about Black Supremacy, but still let whites administer as preists and be equal in all, then is Black Supremacy wrong, or have hippie converts come and confused it. Because all I hear is the persecution of Black Supremacy for being racist, ye those who hold to it, show no signs of the accusations. And this will be the real fire here, THE ONLY REASON ONES DON'T KNOW ABOUT BLACK SUPREMACY AND WHAT IT STANDS FOR and run around talking hippie confusion IS BECAUSE THEY AREN'T GOING TO THE SOURCES LIKE THE ELDERS, HIS MAJESTYS SPEECHES ABOUT AFRICAN LIBERATION AS A FRIST PRIORITY AND THAT BEFORE ALL THINGS HE IS AN ETHIOPIAN! HE EVEN CALLED UPON THE HELP OF ALL NATIONS. AND ALSO REMEMBER THAT HSI MAJESTY WAS HEAD OF THE NYAHBINGI BEFORE IT CAME TO JAMAICA! BEFORE NYAHBINGHI CAME TO THE RASTAFARI, IT MEANT STRICTLY "DEATH TO WHITE OPPRESSORS!" SO GET IT RIGHT. HIS MAJESTY OPENED THE LAND OF SHASHAMANE FOR THOSE OF AFRICAN DESCENT ONLY! IS HE RACIST FOR THAT? AFRICA FOR THE AFRICANS AT HOME AND ABROAD!

JAH RASTAFARI, HAILE SELASSIE I BLACK GOD OF AFRICA
Love

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 5/14/2006 11:18:21 PM

Messenger: gideon Sent: 5/15/2006 10:15:12 AM

If people never look beyond what they have learned to see before, then they can never learn new things and reach higher levels.To answer your question, Dreadnut, in all love:
Yes, I am right now imagining a black Hitler and a white Selassie. I can do this not because I'm insane, but because I know no difference between black and white. So for me it is simple to exchange black skin for white skin or vice versa. Of course, to make a change like that all the rest of history would have to change too. Black Hitler means Black Germany, if you want to maintain the history of racism. White Selassie would mean that whites would have been taken away from their homeland as slaves, if you want to maintain the history of Selassie returning to teach those slaves.
Superficial things can always be changed without making substantial changes to the plotline.
For example, if you don't know any significance for why Jesus was on the middle cross, then the story won't change substantially for you if you imagine him on the left or right. It's a principle that's universal.

You are stuck in a rut of thinking that races matter, so you obviously won't be able to imagine a black hitler or whatever else. You live in a world where his skin colour is an essential part of who and what he is. Where I live, it's just superficial.

On your comments about Selassie, two points to consider, I wonder if you will respond directly or try to rant. Please remember that it is better for everyone's interest to remain calm and obey the normal protocol of question and answer. I'm not trying to be rude by saying this, in case it sounds that way to anyone. Just a friendly reminder because I want to learn from what another person has to say, and not listen to angry words that are relatively empty because of the failure to calm down.
Anyway, here are the comments about Selassie saying repatriation:
First of all, it could be said that all people are African by birth, and that the species of man began there, in which case we are all migrants in a universal diaspora. If you say that white came from black then you should accept that.
Secondly, throughout history, whenever a member of another nation comes to live with and accept the order of another nation, he or she becomes a part of the new nation - fully. Remember Rahab from Jericho for the perfect example. Being a Jew has always been primarily a matter of accepting the law, not about bloodlines. Was Melchesidek an Israelite, even though he had no parents?
You must question your perceptions at all time, or you risk assumptions based on incomplete knowledge, which lead to poor choices and loss of power.

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 5/15/2006 11:03:08 AM

Like I said, let the dead bury the dead.

Messenger: Irey Iditation Sent: 5/15/2006 1:43:24 PM

greetings bredren an sistren

ere is what was said by JAH coyote:

And who does this comment uplift? Reasoning is the discussion of spiritual and earthly happenings. Perhaps it is important to seperate man like Iself or Charles Edwards from Yeshua and Haile Selassie I. The truth is that man can and does latch on to many people's words and consider them to be divine. The truth is that just because we believe certain things does not make them so. As Rastafari sons and daughters we overstand Yeshua to be JAH Son and Selassie I to be his Heir in terms of His spiritual Identity.
Selassie I shook the hands of many men and women, Babylon politicians and Rastaman alike. But I never heard of or read of any statements Selassie I make in regards to Charles Edward. Selassie I make many statements in regard to Yeshua (Jesus Christ) and make many statements about the state of humanity and the earth. HIM never even overtly claim HIMself to be one with JAH, yet if one is to examine the context of what HIM say, everything work out so wonderfully and it is very understandable to see HIM in this context. Same with Jesus Christ. Yeshua refer to HIMself as 'the son of man'. Thus refer to himself as the flesh and blood descended from flesh and blood as HIM truely is.
We as Rastaman must judge a man or woman based on his/her deeds and not what they and other claim them to be. It is a simple, GROUNDED fact, seen? If we are not able to do this then we set ourselves up for life long confusion.
The truth is that JAH create all humanity, and that Godliness is something all people can accomplish if they choose to be pure in heart and have JAH guidance. Black, white, brown, red, yellow- it is all just SUPERFICIAL. It is the cleanliness of our mind, body and soul that matters. How pure we choose to be. If someone is born a black man that does not mean already they should hold any supremacy over the next man! That is just as rediculous a concept as white supremacy which all Rastafari is inherantly against. So what is the point of moving around in circles trying to give supremacy to one race? The truth is that supremacy is for the righteous, and that the wicked will be damned for eternity.
Truth is in SPIRIT, like Selassie I say about religion and spirituality:

"The temple of the most high begins with the human body, which houses our life, essence of our existence. Africans are in bondage today because they approach spirituality through Religion provided by foreign invaders and conquerors. We must stop confusing religion and spirituality. Religion is a set of rules, regulations and rituals created by humans which were supposed to help people grow spiritually.

Due to human imperfection religion has become corrupt, political, divisive and a tool for power struggle. Spirituality is not theology or ideology. It is simply a way of life, pure and original as was given by the Most High. Spirituality is a network linking us to the Most High, the universe and each other. As the essence of our existence it embodies our culture, true identity, nationhood and destiny. A people without a nation they can really call their own is a people without a soul. Africa is our nation and is in spiritual and physical bondage because her leaders are turning to outside forces for solutions to African problems when everything Africa needs is within her. When African righteous people come together, the world will come together. This is our divine destiny."

RAS TAFARI

haha.....end of discussion.....ITES TO COYOTE. Ites and thanks.

blessed be to all bredren, all sistren, for the clerity for which has been spoken.

praise Jah, Ras Tafari
selah

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 5/15/2006 8:47:37 PM

"Yes, I am right now imagining a black Hitler and a white Selassie. I can do this not because I'm insane, but because I know no difference between black and white."

So does that mean I must give up my right to be Black?
Just because you decide this for yourself does not mean I have to give up "Black is Beautiful", "Black Power" or "I'm Black and I'm proud"; for someone to try and take that from me and my people is a hateful thing. It has taken a long time for the Black Power movement to get this far, I'm not going to sit by and watch (mostly white) people take that away from us. How can you suggest that it is a good thing for Black people to go from being the first people on Earth, to live stock, to just one of many who are all the same. Maybe you are looking for assimilation but I refuse to accept sameness as a consolation prize for the buying and selling of my people for the purpose of building a superpower with free labor. Am I to say to my ancestors who were slaves that my generation's goal is to assimilate without accountability for past and current injustices? Where are the people trying to sell this idea to the Jews? Do you expect the refugees of Rwanda to assimilate? Do you expect the survivors of Hiroshima to assimilate? How about the Palastinians, are they also to assimilate?

"So for me it is simple to exchange black skin for white skin or vice versa. Of course, to make a change like that all the rest of history would have to change too. Black Hitler means Black Germany, if you want to maintain the history of racism. White Selassie would mean that whites would have been taken away from their homeland as slaves, if you want to maintain the history of Selassie returning to teach those slaves.
Superficial things can always be changed without making substantial changes to the plotline. "

What about cultural pride?
Are the Nomads of the Sahara supposed to assimilate with the Queen of England?
Are the Pygmys supposed to assimilate with the Mormons?
Are the Shiites supposed to assimilate with the Tibetan monks?
If we are interchangable than why are we all so different, or do you also not see ethnicities as valid differences.

What I really want to know is what is your proof that we are all the same to a degree in which skin color can be interchanged? Who are these people that are all the same, just diffrent colors and where have they been my whole life?

This theory is a falacy, even a fantasy, but not the truth. If we were all the same then we would all be the same, but we are in fact each different. For instance, Black people get sickle cell, white people don't. I've never met a Black person who has had a wart, but most white folks I know have had a least one. Black people are more prone to AIDS, diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure and lactose intolerance than whites. White people are more prone to skin cancer and sun burns. We have different hair types, rythms and speech patterns, Black people tend to have deeper/lower pitched voices. Every one inbetween Black and white tends to fall somewhere in the middle. But my point is this disregaurding someones ethnicity is just as bad as saying they don't have one and based on the fact that everyone has their own struggle, their own history, their own story to tell, assimilation is a trap; and a good one too. Once you assimilate you loose the diversity that makes Earth so beautiful. What if every bird was the same color and pattern. Just because they're all birds doesn't mean they don't have different catagories. Some birds are bigger, some don't fly, some eat insects, some eat fruit, some eat fish. Nobody says, they're all birds, one color bird is the same as all the other colors. And people don't say this because it's stupidity. Just as it's stupidity to say that the Mayans and the Aboriginies are interchangable. Or to say that the Zulus and the Cherokees are interchangable. I don't want to be a generic species that is interchangable with all the others. I want to be a Black Human Being with a history of Blackness and a lineage of Black people to pass down to my Black children.

If you want to be interchangeable go and join the group for interchangable people who are all the same, I believe they call it America. It's lead by a born again Christian who doesn't want science taught in school and doesn't believe that humans have anything to do with climate change or that global warming even exist because his God is going to come down from the sky and save him. By the way he's also started a holy war with an idea so that he could spread democracy by force to the uncivilized masses of the undeveloped world.
And when your God comes out of the sky to save you, be sure you have on your Nikes and your Old Navy sweatshirt so He'll know that you're one of them. Fall into the Gap.

"You must question your perceptions at all time, or you risk assumptions based on incomplete knowledge, which lead to poor choices and loss of power."
This comming from the same person who said that the leader of the White Supremancy campain, who's whole purpose was to eliminate all races other than the Arian race says, and I quote "You live in a world where his skin colour is an essential part of who and what he is. Where I live, it's just superficial."

Where is it that you live? I ask because I don't want to accidentaly end up there.

Ask yourself this question:
Am I willing to accept all the evils done to my race as the actions of my own ancestors and to accredit all the good that has come from my people to the peoples who have done horrible things throughout history, right now and forever, even though justice for my ancestors can no longer be brough up in conversation because there is absolutly no way to ditinguish my family's lineage from that of any others?

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 5/15/2006 9:37:35 PM

anyone has the rigth to be proud. I just choose to be proud to be a son of god and dont feel like there is anything to add to that fact. i would never try to argue that someone shoudlnt be proud of their (which is ultimately our) heritage, roots etc, if you go back to the beginning then there is only us without division.

I think yes we should all come together as you asked about the queen of england and the nomads......meaning culture should not divide us, of course we all have a different intermediate background but from the beginning and in the end it is and shall be the same so let us not divide on grounds of what happens/happened in between.

nothing has significance but our ONE GOAL and our faith in jesus and selassie, yes it may be nice to look back at one's culture but why would i want to stress my pride when there is still wars/hunger and troubles all over. until we all get together on one page there is no time to celebrate.

One Love and Blessings to all

Bergy

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 88

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I