Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1458&start_row=41

Man of Right is God in Flesh

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 88
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Dread Lion Sent: 5/10/2006 1:03:33 PM

Woy!!

This reasoning has spun out of focus. Iman happen just to mention Bob and the subject switch to reggae and Bob. Iman was saying only that THE WORDS OF THE MOST HIGH were familiar to many laypeople thru Bob's lyrics.

My point:

BLACK SUPREMACY APPEARS TO BE A PHILOSOPHY WHICH HOLDS ONE RACE SUPERIOR.

...so InI should stop acting put off by this reasonable misunderstanding by non-Rastas and teach Truth seekers with loving kindness.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 5/10/2006 4:00:53 PM

Play Anthony B s new track ONE GOD on the Good over Evil riddim and tell i Reggae dont have its purpose

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 5/12/2006 9:59:24 PM

So I personally don't see any reason to burn out reggae or dancehall, because a lot of good things have come from these forms of music. But I do agree that a distinction should be made between Nyahbinghi chanting and reggae, and that reggae could never take the place of Nyahbinghi.

Nyahbinghi is not reggae and reggae is not dancehall, them things true. But everyday can't work with Nayahbinghi because Nayahbinghi must be live, them type thing don't record good. Dancehall is for the dancehall, end of story. But Reggae you can do everyday, especially Bob because Bob never get old, Bob stay just so. So when Nayahbinghi come, it is a good thing, but inbetween you can smooth out life with a few good tunes. What kind of Prophet do you have that doesn't want you to dance and sing? Because I don't like that one deh, I prefer the One who say lively up yourself.

As for Black Supremacy being exclusive,
Before there were races, Blacks were supreme. When other races developed, Black were acknowledged as supreme. When caucasoids freed themselves from the Caucus Mountains, Blacks were still supreme. Then one day Europeans invented guns and started conquring the world and calling it civilization. Over time, Europeans invented white supremecy and a guy called Hitler tried to spread it around the world. But the world never completely forgot about Black Supremacy and it began to make a comeback all around the world. Only now, the world was full of people with mixed races that nobody wanted to be Black anymore, so some people refused to call the comeback a Black Movement. They denied their own Black Ancestory and therefore wanted to change the name of Black Supremacy to fit their new identity. But in doing so they failed to see the importance and power of the movement. The movement was not a counter attack or a retaliation against the powers that be, it was a comeback of anchient ways.
The moral of the story? You can't change history just because it's not your idea of progress. Progress is why Babylon's wickedness spread so rapidly. This is not a forward movement, it's a reversal of time. All you have to do is study European history and compare it to the history of the world outside it. Look carefull at the dates and see who was doing what when. Then come back to the table when you are better informed.

Messenger: gideon Sent: 5/13/2006 2:11:00 PM

I am sure you know deep down that something is wrong with what you're saying. The categories you use contradict the message you're trying to convey.
You can't say that black was supreme and then other races developed out of black. It's illogical.
The concept of Black can be used either as a universal reality for all people, or to describe a culture, or a colour. You are mixing paradigms in a way that doesn't work.
If you're talking about the universal paradigm where all people are black, then there is no room for comparison, since everyone is black.
If you're talking about culture, then how can you say that other races have lost sight of their blackness - if they are in reality black, then the classification of "other" does not fit. If they are "other" then they cannot have lost sight of their blackness.
Or maybe you are implying that when someone loses sight of their blackness they lose their blackness. This adds a new level of complication.

How can anyone understand what you're really saying?
I'm not trying to put you down. I am sure that you have some real experience you're trying to explain. But you have to define your terms clearly at the start, so that people can know what you're talking about. The mind is critical by nature - binary. You should say things that can be understood by this critical, binary tool, which is all we have to understand your words.

So haul and pull up. Reel it in and come again. We would all like to get to the bottom of this, but we need clear expression.
Sorry, not trying to be hard or contrary, but I didn't make the rules. That's just the way it is.

Messenger: zionI Sent: 5/13/2006 6:07:28 PM

"...until the philosophy which holds one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned..."

The words of the One whom the idem claim to follow.

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 5/13/2006 10:28:47 PM

You know, that speech is being trampled and tampered with like John 3:16, and its starting to get annoying. I'm almost convinced this is the only speech people know. Regardless, it has nothing to do with being better than another race, but the liberation of Black people is the first and foremost priority. All of you who want to look at it through a biblical perspective, its the same thing. When Christ is givng out His message of the Kingdom, He tells His followers to not go amongst the gentiles, but to bring the message to Israel first! Because it was to be that the gentiles would be graphed into salvation by way of Israel.

This is really no different and is based upon the same principal. Black first, redemption and freedom for all indeed, its just Africans first.

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 5/13/2006 10:58:39 PM

Blessings My Friends,

It is sad to see all this back and forth about supremacy etc.

We are all one! Jesus is the way. Jah is the way. this white or black supremacy discussion is not relevant to me for we are all one and we cannot put a black or white label on the truth for the truth is for all of us without exceptions. i am not saying that black supremacy is to be understood as the counterpart to white supremacy but trying to say that what matters is good over evil and InI all have free will to make the choice on which side to be.

One Love

Bergy

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 5/14/2006 8:01:02 AM

Blessed

It is somehow amusing how the words of some people reflect their skincolour. And they say they do not think in RACES, but why do they then act in races? Free your mind. It is always the whiteman coming with this downwatered bizness because he feels attacked and "not too good" about it. All I say is take it or leave it. If you cannot stand it then RUN.
Everyman is entitled to have his own views, but everyman should also ground his own views. Because I feel too many speak of fear and not of overstanding. Whiteman is fearing to lose his supremacy even in RastafarI? what a foolishness.
I tell you one thing now.... do not speak about equality, HIM UN speech, and that your mind is not into white supremacy.... as long as you can not stand the heat of BLACK SUPREMACY.

As I said Iman personally do not deal witht that term either. But when I see all this false downwatering here I say burn some hottah black fyah. It strengthens the cleanhearts and burns away all those who cannot stand it.

LOVE TO EACH AND EVERYONE
Know yourself
Selah

Messenger: gideon Sent: 5/14/2006 10:38:42 AM

There is not any rational basis for any racist teaching. It is based on an arrogant assumption, and to get to the bottom of it you have to dig deep into your mind and ground all your thinking about it.
I was lucky to grow up in a multiracial environment, but surrounded by a larger world where race was a topic of much interest for most people. So I grew up hearing the lie, but seeing the truth, so that my mind was always focused on the facts about it. If it wasn't for the propoganda in the world my mind would not have been so focused on the issue, but as it is, I know I have seen the truth about it.

It is so easy for a blackskinned person to fall into the trap of racism, because you look around and see that culturally your people have so much on such a basic level that the other skin-groups lack to that same degree. But the question you have to ask is, to these differences come from the root, or are we all the same at the root?

I am not really pushing a view, because that is not the way of reasoning with people. I am just stating my view so you can know. But what I am pushing is that if you want to say something then give reasons so that people can see it for themselves.

To me, the reason why people believe in racism is that they see certain trends, and based on their limited understanding they choose to jump to conclusions. People with more experience with many races usually don't think this way. Ask anyone who grew up with two parents of different races and actually appreciated both of them if there is a basic difference between the races.
Those who believe in black clour supremacy, or blacks first or whatever, how many close friends or relatives that you really appreciate as people have you had in your life? Think about it. You are unknowledgeable, or you couldn't think the way you do.

Messenger: zionI Sent: 5/14/2006 6:14:05 PM

Brother Dreadnut,

First and foremost Rasta Fari doesn't get annoyed by reasoning. Be patient my brother no need to get so angry.

As for people quoting His majesty's speech- as a Ras tafari, you should be happy to read and hear you King's words no matter how often they're said..even if it is the only speech one knows. Its not a competition my brother. Its about tolerance, togetherness, and harmony.

So if the I feels that you have overstood His Majesty's speeches and the doctrine of Ras Tafari better than the rest, show it in the I's actions by not losing your temper; by being patient; and by teaching through love and tolerance rather than judgment and anger.

I myself amd not 'White' as some people have chosen to label their bredrin; but what I have learned from Selassie I is to categorize by right and light; not black or white.

Ssiter Nya,

The I says:

"I tell you one thing now.... do not speak about equality, HIM UN speech, and that your mind is not into white supremacy.... as long as you can not stand the heat of BLACK SUPREMACY."

I'm not sure whether I have overstood the I. Is the I saying that the mind of whomever refers to His Majesty's "UN speech" is a white supremacist?

I hope not Rasta. Rasta Fari is not McCarthyism, the Salem witch hunts or the inquisition. I hope people don't start labelling and accusing each other's bredrin of heresy because they don't subscribe to the accusor's point of view.

His majesty's words are clear- and yes- until people stop talking about racial supremacy, they bear repeating again and again...

Ras Tafari, as I overstand and know HIM is a One Love thing. No

All the foregoing is offered humbly and with brotherly love.

Ras Tafari

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 88

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I