Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1451&start_row=1

Racism Still Shows to be Prevalent

1 - 2
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: demboyswashuge Sent: 5/2/2006 10:48:37 PM

Today I quit my job. I am so disgusted. I am a 17 year old who was working at a fast food chain. It was a pretty fun job, nice people, nice place, for the most part. There is one black person who works there, who of which was hired by a past-manager. We have been so short of people and desperate for help; with signs all over the building and adds in the paper. I've seen many people fill out applications but not get an interview. Not apprehending that this is because the few happened to be black, I found out something today. If the name on the application (this is disgusting) sounds like a "black name" according to the owner or manager, or if they know who turned it in was black, it gets thrown in the trash. IN THE TRASH! I quit today. And I'm am telling my ex-coworker of what such an abominable thing was revealed to me today. This is not only morally unjust, it is illegal.

America is so corrupt. One day you will actually think racism is almost bygone, the next day something like this reminds you that racism is still prevalent. People who think because there is Oprah and diverse actors, musicians etc. that there isn't anymore racism today. Those people are so ignorant. Racism is not only still in existence, there is now a new breed of racism. What I mean is a lot of people think they aren't racist because they watch them on TV or listen to their music, and even have friends of different races; yet they don't realize that they still don't treat them as equals. They think they aren't being racist if they tolerate different races but won't hire them, date them, or support them in anything that will affect the world or country they live in; such as politics. I hate it. It is to the point where many just accept it. One of my good friends, who is a black male, was getting to know another friend of mine, who is a white female, and they where starting to date. The male friend one day actually asked me if had a chance with her and if it was okay with her that he was black. This made me cry. This is Babylon my friends. Don't accept it. Recognize it. Fight it.

Shalom,
Taylor

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 5/2/2006 10:51:52 PM

Yeah buddy.

Many people just cant accept life, so they foil other peoples lives.

Bigs ups to your my brother,
Ras ElIjah

1 - 2

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I