Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1424&start_row=1

The Conquering Lion

Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Dawta I Sent: 4/10/2006 8:05:34 PM

Hail Jah Rastafari Haile Selassie I

Appeal to the League of Nations
June, 1936
The appeals of my delegates addressed to the League of Nations had remained wiithout any answer; my delegates had not been witnesses. That is why I decided to come myself to bear witness against the crime perpetrated against my people and give Europe a warning of doom that awaits it, if it should bow before the accomplished fact.

Declaration on "V.E." Day
May 1945
Almost six years ago, on September the 1st in 1939, Hitler's Germany attacked Poland. For many people in the world - perhaps for most - this fearful day was heald as marking the beginning of the Second Great World War.

Later, with the wider perspective that the years of battle have afforded, many have come to realize what We in Ethiopia and Our Great Ally in the East had learned so bitterly, the war - this war - in all its true significance had started many years before.

We are celebrating today, the redemption of the world through the sacrifice of human life. We pray for the foundation of World Peace which may now be laid in all those lands whose people were victims of aggression.

And so, today, in a month already fraught with great significance for us and for our history in Ethiopia, We join in special gratitude, together with the representatives and members of the Nations of Our Allies, in solemn thanks before Almighty God - for Victory.

Germany is defeated. The vast horror and the tribulations of the war - which We foresaw - which We forewarned before the League of Nations - has ceased for Europe.

Address to the United Nations
Oct. 6, 1963
Twenty-seven years ago, as Emperor of Ethiopia, I mounted the rostrum in Geneva, Switzerland, to address the League of Nations and to appeal for relief from the destruction which had been unleashed against my defenceless nation by the Fascist invader.

I spoke then both to and for the conscience of the world. My words went unheeded, but history testifies to the accuracy of the warning that I gave in 1936.

Revelation time
The Lamb shall overcome for he is Lord of Lords and King of Kings
and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

Jah Bless
Dawta I
(formerly Samaiyah)

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I