Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1408&start_row=1

TOOTS

1 - 8
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: zionI Sent: 3/29/2006 4:11:33 PM

Iman was at the Toots concert last night.

Rastaful. Here is an elder bredrin (hair not locked) who sings the praises of Ras Tafari itesfully.

He rocked the house for over two hours and still hadn't finished when I man left. He is one of the original Studio One stars from Trenchtown, featured in 'The Harder They Come'.

His positive energy and vibes were truly a joy. Iman recommend checking his show if any of the I's can.

Iman checked brother Toots as a genuine Ras Tafari prophet/ performer. No violence; no vulgarity; no self agrandizement; no judgment; no hate...just positve music and togetherness...and he must be around 60 years old.

"It gives great joy to see such sweet togetherness...everyone doing and they're doing their best"

Rasta lives...InI are moving in the POSITIVE; let all weak-hearts scatter, shatter and batter...

Sellasie I, King

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 3/29/2006 6:02:05 PM

I am going to the Toots concert tonight!
I love the music of the Skafather, the loving spirit runs deep within that man.
Yes, a genuine prophet.
Check out some of the Maytals' older material. Albums like "From the Roots" and "Never Grow Old".

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 3/30/2006 7:45:35 AM

Wasn't there a Toots feat Shaggy song? And wasn't it VERY sexual(shaggy's part of course)?

Blessed and
Selah

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 3/30/2006 12:21:06 PM

Toots also did some BUJU stuff like 5446, a lot of time I take what I feel good about and lisn and move on

RSK

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 3/30/2006 12:33:42 PM

Yeah Toots featured Shaggy in a version of Bam-Bam on the "True Love" album. Shaggy does a little breakdown in the middle of it. I've heard it and the lyrics are not sexual. It's a song about being humble and fighting for whats right.

What is BUJU?

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 3/30/2006 6:19:16 PM

Actually i was never aware Toots is Rasta. I am familiar with all their old music and cant remember him ever hail the King. Still always loved their music and that brethren there can sing circles around most of the so called greats that are mentioned again and again in popular media.And that voice.

Yes I give thanks for the elders. Cant forget the Spear

But tomorrow night a fe the youths
In i area Turbulence,Chezidek and my youth Lutan Fyah
Red Gold an Green a go fly HIGH

Praises to JAh

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 3/30/2006 6:40:55 PM

Yes Bredren,
Toots has been Rasta since the 60's. He's always been a longtime friend and brother of the Wailers as well.

Last night's show was excellent!

Messenger: Dread Lion Sent: 3/31/2006 11:39:02 AM

Iman have seen Toots' show so many times I could practically do it for him (if I could sing!)

Very positive upful music performed with joy and love, but not alot of overtly Rastafari content.

"hit me one time * hit me two times * * ..."

1 - 8

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I