Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1405&start_row=1

Police is not babylon.

1 - 1011 - 18
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: White dread Sent: 3/27/2006 5:26:41 PM

Iman was thinking bout posting this a long time. But this night Iman haffi do it. Beacuse I was on my way home, and there where police man and wombman checking out a car for something.

I was riding along and they shined with dem fleshlight in my face. Then dem said: Nice, because I was riding with my front and backlight on. ( if Iman is saying this correctly,)

In Holland and probally other countries as well, Iman could get a ticket for not having I light on. But to get to the point. Iman replied with yeah whatever. But when I thought bout it. Dem just doing there job, and gave me a compliment, so my replied was rude.

I man thought, and maybe others that all policeman and policewombman are babylon. that's is so wrong. Only the ones that are corruted are babylon, the rest is just doing there job to survive and feed the mouths of there children. My point is. The police is not babylon. Reggae music and mostly dancehall speaks bad bout the police but Iman haffi Iverstand that Jamaica is not Holland. The police in Jamaica are probally more corrupted then in Iman country.

So Iman haffi stop judging so quick. I and the other I's (don't feel offended if you don't) might be judging to quick because some artist say so.

Check Iself before I reck Iself.

Jah Rastafari

Messenger: zionI Sent: 3/27/2006 11:47:50 PM

Yes my bredrin

"I shot the sheriff, but I did not shoot the deputy"

Iman don't rule out that there may be good people who become policemen; and as long as there is violence and evil lurking around, having some 'good' police men and women around many not be such a bad thing in every case.

The concept of POLICE however, as an armed arm of the babylon shitstem enforcing Babyron laws...is offensive to InI. Who chooses what is law and who enforces it?- is the question in I mind. If laws are just and are truly for the betterment of the people and created by someone with the competence and rightful authority to create them, perhaps no police would be necessary...

But as things stand the laws are a jumble of right and wrong enforced by good cops and bad cops and good judges and crazy judges.

And remember what Selassie I said about working within laws (Iman take this to mean assuming those laws are just) (ArkI will no doubt kindly provide the exact quote- Rastaful).

In short my bredrin...I share the I's sentiments to a point: not all laws are necessarily bad and not all cops are necessarily evil...so don't shoot the deputy...its the Sheriff that you want.

Humbly

One of His Majesty's Lions

Messenger: OleGallis Sent: 3/28/2006 4:34:09 AM

Ites White Dread!

Maybe you are right, but you also know that the police-system in Holland is as corrupt as in other countries. Foor example: look at the amount of violence they are using from time to time. It's getting worse every day I guess...

But of course you are right about saying not to judge on indivual cops. I know there are good ones...But like Zion-I says the conept is Babylon...

PS: where in Holland do you live?

Blessed Love
RasLionheart

Messenger: White dread Sent: 3/28/2006 8:53:54 AM

Iman is living in Vlissingen, Zeeland. Southwest Of Holland

Where is the I from?

One Love

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/28/2006 11:04:14 PM

White Dread,

I wonder if a black person in Holland would have the same opinion of the police in Holland.

I would agree that not all police officers deal with wickedness. The problem is that the officers that do deal with wickedness are too free to trod that way and are protected by other officers.

Zion I made a lot of good points concerning this.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: RasLionheart Sent: 3/29/2006 3:27:57 AM

@ White Dread

Ede, middle of Holland.

Are you also a member of The Dutch RastafarI Forum?

@Ark I
If there is much racism and discrimination in the Dutch police system, I don't know, but I'm afraid you are right. The whole society in Holland is getting more and more racist, so the police will be the same... And yes then it's a sad thing to know that the bad ones will be protected by there chiefs...

Messenger: White dread Sent: 3/29/2006 5:43:02 AM

@RasLionheart

If I is correct, I tried to become a member but it didn't work.
I could try again, it's nice to have some dutch people here.

One Love

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 3/29/2006 8:54:52 AM

My mother's boyfriend is Dutch

Messenger: RasLionheart Sent: 3/30/2006 8:57:20 AM

please e-mail InI if it's not working...henrico.hendriksen@hotmail.com

InI can reset your password...

Blessed Love

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 3/30/2006 10:18:40 AM

Query? What %age of the population of Holland has black skin?
just curious-
RSK

1 - 1011 - 18

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I